O Beta... When art though comith?

Im getting pretty bored waiting. So when do you guys think beta will come? First I thought we would see a closed beta by july-august, but that was obviously wrong. Once we got the storm legion release date, I thought that we would see beta almost immediately, since there was only 2 months till launch. I said that we would see it in less then 2 weeks.. which didn't happen (that was about 2 weeks ago). Now we are closing in on the release date (less then 2 months) with only a closed internal/friends and family alpha/beta going on right now. So its gotta come soon, right?

I am going to put my guess on sometime on or before October the 3rd for beta to open up.. Still have absolutely no clue how all of Storm Legion is going to be tested in a little over a month.. but Trion has never let me down before, so I am going to believe that they know what they're doing.

So when do you guys think we will see storm legion beta?
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

You may not believe this, but the BETA is 1.11 ...You may go "puremallace how you know such things"...Well class like Bill Clinton said it is Arithmetic

By there own words the Rogue reveal is one month after the Warrior reveal because lets face it. In the progression of class devs that actually work it goes Mage > Warrior > Rogue > Cleric. So this put the Rogue reveal at Mid October, then MAYBE MAYBE next week Cleric

Here is that math part. The world event 1.10 ends on 10/10/2012 meaning 1.11 releases the weak or two after that. So Raja there will be no SL beta. Trion is that confident. Pretty clear no one gives a shit and has faith

No, they have confirmed that there will be an open beta starting "Soon". How would 1.11 be beta if we don't get any SL content? (besides the Crucia escape dungeon) They have said that they will reveal the new souls much faster then they have been, so my bet is Rogue reveal next Friday, and cleric the week after so they can get beta out. And they don't technically have to wait for the last 2 reveals to do beta.

There will be a beta, they have already confirmed this much. My question is when.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Well the Open Beta for SL won't be until after the Closed Beta, obviously.
    While the internal Beta has been going for a while, no one has told me that they've started player testing it, even in a closed fashion. Last I heard the Closed player testing was only doing 1.11

I can't see an Open Beta of SL content before mid October, probably later.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Well the Open Beta for SL won't be until after the Closed Beta, obviously.
    While the internal Beta has been going for a while, no one has told me that they've started player testing it, even in a closed fashion. Last I heard the Closed player testing was only doing 1.11

I can't see an Open Beta of SL content before mid October, probably later.
    Well that is my theory and it will probably be a week long(if that) publicity stunt. They should be trying to get people back into the game now before it releases in my opinion by releasing a fuck ton more details about the expansion.

I have like 43 days /played and I cannot even hope to tell you if the craftsman marks I farm daily with be worth a damn thing in SL. There are literally no actual details about this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I have like 43 days /played and I cannot even hope to tell you if the craftsman marks I farm daily with be worth a damn thing in SL. There are literally no actual details about this expansion.
    LOL

You can't possibly believe Trion is going to keep the current craftsman marks for Storm Legion. The expansion takes place on 2 different continents, of course there's going to be a new trade skills currency for the newer recipes. It doesn't take an open beta to know this kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    LOL

You can't possibly believe Trion is going to keep the current craftsman marks for Storm Legion. The expansion takes place on 2 different continents, of course there's going to be a new trade skills currency for the newer recipes. It doesn't take an open beta to know this kind of stuff.
    See but you are guessing just as much as me. We have literally no clue whatsoever what crafting will look like outside of another level called "grand master". The amount of details missing this close to release is insane.

1.11 is going to drop and basically fundamentally change how we play every single soul and it is not even on the pts yet, and my guess is the damn thing releases in less then a month lol

See but you are guessing just as much as me. We have literally no clue whatsoever what crafting will look like outside of another level called "grand master". The amount of details missing this close to release is insane.

1.11 is going to drop and basically fundamentally change how we play every single soul and it is not even on the pts yet, and my guess is the damn thing releases in less then a month lol
    It's a new game when SL hits. Why would Trion give players a chance to purchase every damned recipe the day of SL's release? That doesn't make any sense. They're going to make you and everyone else work for the new stuff. It's the only way to level the playing field for old, new, and returning players.

Even if they do use the current marks, they will reset the ones you have. It only makes sense. To think the ones you have now will be useful after the espansion os foolish, like the vast majority of your posts.

Also, there IS a beta. 1.11 is not the beta. 1.11 does not even put the new souls in. It puts in the redone souls, but no Harbinger, Tempest or yet to be name rogue or yet to be named cleric. Obviously, it does not put in 50-60 either, so how in anyway is it a beta. The beta that there is is more than likely Internal and/or closed invitation only with a strict NDA saying you can' even say there is a beta. Even the Beta that I suspect is out there and going on secretly is only having certain things being tested. They are keeping a lot of things secret about this expansion as they want it to be a surprise. I would be pretty surprised myself if they even had an "open beta" or put it on the PTS. However, I generally don't play betas anyway and try to avoid as much information as I can about games and expansions until they actually release. This way I get less hyped and rarely have unrealistic expectations and am not let down.

If you know Trion, then there Alphas usually last for freaking ever like a year plus. My assumption is a few of the top guilds in this game have been in Alpha testing for awhile. Trion usually sends a auth code that enables Alpha access and the ability to download the alpha test client which is hosted on a separate website and completely separate logon.

The hope is they would have done mass stress testing, but I figured they would not. They seem to prefer "on the fly" testing which generates two types of PR: 1. wtf this content is so damn buggy and laggy 2. ZOMG they fixed it sooooo fast

If the current marks will be useless then they need to say so. The problem is most people who ask these types of questions on the official forums were banned way back when or do not even bother going to official forums anymore due to the forum nazi's who ban, then ask questions later.

Trion does have a few saving graces:
    1. There is literally jack shit for ZOMG "x game will save the mmorpg world" coming up. GW2 was the last mmo jesus to launch
    2. Mist of Pandaria will entertain hardcore WoW fans and a much younger audience
    3. Rift is pretty much it for challenging raid content, so expect WoW guilds to start jumping ship for Rift pretty soon
    4. Casuals and RP'rs are about to be in heaven with Dimensions as long as it is not a complete grind fest for the items
    5. Everything else is basically free to play. So most of these FPS's coming out or even other mmo competition outside of WoW is free
    6. GW2 is proving to be what I said it was a year ago. A pvp game with pve tacked on just like Rift was a pve game with pvp tacked on

Scott Hartsman mentioned in live stream at PAX that there would be new currency and saying that he was 60% sure the current currency would not be used.

He did say there might be a way to cash them in for stuff.

@2h 52m 30s
    http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/330851604

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I would be pretty surprised myself if they even had an "open beta" or put it on the PTS.
    They said during PAX that it would be an open beta. I believe they said it would be on the PTS, but I can't remember. I do remember, definitely, that they said it would be an open beta for current subs.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    They said during PAX that it would be an open beta. I believe they said it would be on the PTS, but I can't remember. I do remember, definitely, that they said it would be an open beta for current subs.
    The timing simply is not working for it to be any kind of open beta to actually test anything. If they were going to do that it would have been open by now. It is just going to be a marketing ploy and we just have to pray Icarus does not fly into the sun out of confidence.

If they alienate a lot of people due to a clearly preventable buggy release, then they have noone to blame but themselves. I am on the band wagon that maybe 70% of the stuff will work, but am confused why they are even taking the chance of pissing so many people off.

Quote Originally Posted by puremallace View Post
    pretty clear no one gives a shit and has faith
    lol

If you know Trion, then there Alphas usually last for freaking ever like a year plus. My assumption is a few of the top guilds in this game have been in Alpha testing for awhile. Trion usually sends a auth code that enables Alpha access and the ability to download the alpha test client which is hosted on a separate website and completely separate logon.
    While the process you have mentioned is pretty accurate from what I've heard with regard to client etc, I can definitely say that they don't invite entire guilds to testing unless it is for raid content. Dungeon/levelling/questing/balancing content is done with individual players, many of whom happen to be in top guilds, but are selected based on community activity, previous testing done on PTS, class knowledge, whether you have been banned for exploiting etc

Or at least that is what several of my friends/guildies/ex-guildies/random in-game contacts have told me.

Deleted
    Well there is "one" guild that has more or less full access (all their key members have gotten their keys and stuff already).
    Don't ask how i know this :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedDeeps View Post
    Well there is "one" guild that has more or less full access (all their key members have gotten their keys and stuff already).
    Screen shot or it didn't happen Mr random 2 post poster. :P

Personally if I do or don't do beta I could care less I've got so many games to keep me occupied until SL goes out. I'll be passing on Mop this time ironically this is the first blizzard xpac I will not be purchasing. I'm already bored out of my skull with GW2. Time to see how good Tourchlight II is, seems like a steel for $20.

All I have to say is Trion is yet again underestimating the amount of people coming back for this expansion and one bos fight here or there testing simply cannot possible substitute for mass open beta stress testing.

The game is not fundamentally changing, so they are not going to shock me with the end game content. They could put a stick man who drops purples as a boss for all I give a shit.

I think I know who you refer to. But you'd be wrong.