Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I think this sounds more like a Warlock faction...
    /droll

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Green fire is coming, but it will be implemented with a quest, I think they also had purple fire but I'm not 100% on that.
    Exactly. And it sounds like it would be a quest with its own faction/reputation and everything involved. Sort of like Rogues' Ravenholdt, where you do some class-specific lore/question/rep to get unique class abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Exactly. And it sounds like it would be a quest with its own faction/reputation and everything involved. Sort of like Rogues' Ravenholdt, where you do some class-specific lore/question/rep to get unique class abilities.
    I have to say if they make us grind rep there are several warlocks going to pissed of about it, I'd LOVE it though, gives a real sense of accomplishment if it takes a bit of a grind to get what you want to have a.k.a. coloured spells.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I have to say if they make us grind rep there are several warlocks going to pissed of about it, I'd LOVE it though, gives a real sense of accomplishment if it takes a bit of a grind to get what you want to have a.k.a. coloured spells.
    I don't mind rep grinds actually, just required rep grinds. Green fire is one of those things that can wait, to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just hope it will be something that can be done solo
    i am very anti-social and have no friends on my server, , , so . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i just hope it will be something that can be done solo
    i am very anti-social and have no friends on my server, , , so . . .
    Warlocks are solitary creatures by nature, I would be very disappointed if they made us group up with non-Warlocks to get our warlock stuff done. No, I think it will be pretty much a soloable type thing. Question is how difficult they would make it. I mean I don't know how many Rogues I saw in trade asking for other Rogues to come help them with the mini-boss they had to kill. If there's anything like that involved it might be easier to group up with another Warlock. I'd try my damnest to solo it though, I'd hate having to resort to help for something like that.

Deleted
    Green fir eisn't a case of if, just when.

I'd rather they stopped making legendaries stat boosts and just made them cosmetic things - give me a cool looking warlock sword / staff that makes fire green / a glyph that does the same , couldn't care less about it making me suddenly completely out of balance and required for every progression raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Warlocks are solitary creatures by nature, I would be very disappointed if they made us group up with non-Warlocks to get our warlock stuff done. No, I think it will be pretty much a soloable type thing. Question is how difficult they would make it. I mean I don't know how many Rogues I saw in trade asking for other Rogues to come help them with the mini-boss they had to kill. If there's anything like that involved it might be easier to group up with another Warlock. I'd try my damnest to solo it though, I'd hate having to resort to help for something like that.

didn't the old Doomguard quest require a whole group of people (i do not know personally because it was gone before i started WoW)?

Yes, there have been many hints by blues, even on this forum, that a warlock class specific quest for green fire is in the works, that a CM shouldn't have let slip until he had screenshots, and it might be released in one of the mop patches. Also the cost to change it back to red will be very big, so the choice is a real one. Don't ask for sources, they are all out there somewhere.

Then again there were hints about female/male summon versions, so you never know

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    didn't the old Doomguard quest require a whole group of people (i do not know personally because it was gone before i started WoW)?

Only thing about it that required a group was if you weren't able to solo dire maul
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    I realy don't like green fire and it would kill the last thing whats left of destro for me.
    Why don't you just not turn it on

I realy don't like green fire and it would kill the last thing whats left of destro for me.
    The understanding everyone has about it right now is that it is an optional questline or whatever that you will do to change your spells to green fire, not some mandatory change that they are going to force on you in a patch and you have to deal with. Not everyone wants green, and some want other colors (and I'm sure they are aware of both of these facts); as they haven't released any actual useful information on it there's no way of knowing if it will JUST be green or if other colors are on the table, and exactly what lengths we will need to go to to acquire this awesomeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    The understanding everyone has about it right now is that it is an optional questline or whatever that you will do to change your spells to green fire, not some mandatory change that they are going to force on you in a patch and you have to deal with. Not everyone wants green, and some want other colors (and I'm sure they are aware of both of these facts); as they haven't released any actual useful information on it there's no way of knowing if it will JUST be green or if other colors are on the table, and exactly what lengths we will need to go to to acquire this awesomeness.
    Yeah, those are the big questions: will there just be green or more colours and what will we have to do for them. I at least hope that what ever we have to do is also available for those that are perfectly fine with the way things look now. I mean I'd like to see some blue or purple type colourings, but if I don't like the colours I'd still love to do the quests/whatever to experience what it's all about. Hopefully they'll announce something actually soon and not Soon™

Good thing it's optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    While I do want to see green fire (if not to distinguish me from a fire mage even more so)

I would rather see a return of the epic class based quests like the old quests for Warlock pets and the epic level 60 mounts, or the paladin mount, or benediction/anathema for priests and Rok'delar for hunters, Quel'serrar for warriors and paladins.

I remember hunting down men of pure hearts so I could corrupt their souls or whatever to summon the succubus, trading with a demon lord for artifacts to summon a fearsome steed for the fiery pits of hell!

Where are these quests gone! I want them back damnit!

This, but if they were to implement them i would expect they have the same difficulty as before.

aka running through thousand needles to get felhunter.

Running through all of DS for succubus

Infernal & Doomguard ones.

I also expect them to keep the lore for ALL of the quests in tact. You learned everything about your demon while gathering the materials to be able to summon the Minion.

I saw that and my first thought was "I hope they follow through on the green warlock flames".

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Is there a chance we might see class specific factions developed more? Kirin Tor, Ebon Blade, Argent Bros, Ravenholdt...Could we see something similar arise for Warriors, Hunters etc?

We're cooking up some cool Warlock stuff we can hopefully announce soon. In a more general sense, we LOVE class-specific content, but to do it right takes development time (believe me, I have to somehow schedule all this stuff.).
    Hmmm...
    I would say the chance is pretty significant. A blue let slip when beta started that locks were going to get green fire. That was quickly denied by the devs, but I doubt a blue would just be talking shit. I think that it's a quest for green fi-yah.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've never denied it. Simply said there are issues in trying to implement it properly aka/they wanted more thoughts to go into it other than simply making it a glyph. Sounds like the lock council may soon be showing up at our front door. Then again...soon™

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    They've never denied it. Simply said there are issues in trying to implement it properly aka/they wanted more thoughts to go into it other than simply making it a glyph. Sounds like the lock council may soon be showing up at our front door. Then again...soon™
    Yeah and with Xelnath just starting the "Choose your own adventure" topic, my guess is that they are still very much in the planning developement stages of this whole thing. Soon™ indeed

10+ Year Old Account
    Green flames has to be strongly tied to the lore if it's implemented. As stated before green flames are usually fel magic and that's more of a Burning Legion thing. As a complete Alliance fanboy I'd really not want to have anything to do with the Burning Legion unless it involves killing them.
    Then again if it's a end-game kinda thing where you make your spells more powerful by adapting a little bit of fel magic, then yeah I'm in for that. Warlocks are after all former mages who dumped the arcane arts for shadow magic in order to gain more power.

Really looking forward to how they're going to play this one out.