Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you like the challenge mode gear mage proc?

Well to be honest I am disappointed by the mage proc. I was hoping the crystals would take the color and aura of the element you are casting. It felt abit obvious it would be something like that since mage doesn't have any auras as a class. Our challenge mode looks clownish to me even as it is. Now with the proc it became even more ridiculous, something I wasn't expecting it could happen.
    Also I remember that there were 4 or 5 different variations of the set when it was first introduced so I thought you would be able to choose between them. Is the one we see the last and only option now?
    Wearing the challenge set as Blizz has mentioned is supposed to show people that this player has skill and the patient to achieve something that not many can. So the reward should be something that makes you look awesome and not like a freaking generic prismatic clown.....
    What's your opinion?

Deleted
    Reminds me of the Scarecrow from Wizard of oz. The illuminati signs on the shoulders will go well with all the mage conspiracy theories though.

I hate to disappoint but as much as I would like it to be illuminati signs they are not. They are dalaran signs. So no conspiracy theories just lameness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have rather them be like Elemental Orbs instead of the symbols, but I'll take what I can get

Meh. Its a nice idea, just no my kind of thing. Will still try to get it ofc

Deleted
    Looks quite cool

But wanted to do the challenge modes anyway

Gear looks awesome. The proc effect..... meh! Looks boring to me.

So far I like all 3 of the spell effects on the challenge mode stuff. Magical symbols, laser-eye and burning shoulderpad, frost-y effect on shoulderpads. Looking forward to seeing the druid stuff, might even make me use Glyph of Stars.
    I really hope they keep making this type of gear.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I love it, but the only complaint I have is that the belt seems far too low and pokes out a little too much.

Eh, I think it would have been nice with just the burning shoulders and not the eyes.
    I've never been 100% sold on this set because of the goofy miscoloured eyes and the fact that it looks a bit silly on a gnome but I think I'm probably going to give it a pass.

Hell yeah I like it

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't a big fan of the gear set to start, however after seeing live on a character it doesn't look that bad. The proc's I just love...was hoping for a little more but they are still really amazing and go well with the set itself, and Mages in general.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Deleted
    It's nothing Groundbreaking. But Í like it.

Deleted
    I expected a little more..But Its not bad either.

I'm dissatisfied that some dirty horde mage will be wearing this.

I don't normally complain about armor sets, and I really was looking forward to the challenge mode sets with their cool procs and this feels like a let down. I think the "One color for each spec" idea is really lame. I was hoping that the proc would redeem the set (like Druid, amazing!) but nah,you just are constantly casting Dalaran Brilliance.

I think without the hat it might look ok, still really disappointed in the proc as it compares to the other 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. I just watched the video. While the set looks a bit ridiculous, the proc thingies are amazing besides, what's wrong with casting Dalaran Brilliance all the time? I do it when I forget to return to the primary action bar every day

Deleted
    probably the worst set/proc showed atm.

there are still ppls that falls prey of troll posts like the one of Seebach? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    besides, what's wrong with casting Dalaran Brilliance all the time?
    Because rehashing a spell effect from a raid buff already in the game isn't interesting.

I dont like gear at all.. proc is somewhat okey compared to gear ..