Freya + 3 25 man solo | world first, why no DK?

That's really odd!
    I couldn't find any post/video whatsoever about a solo kill before. Only reasons why it wasn't possible...
    ...you didn't know how to do it. But it's rather simple and I would say the easiest soloing "trick" ever.
    Or DKs rather focus on T10.25hc

Last edited by Nightstalker; 2012-09-19 at 01:16 PM.

very cool

/10char

I'm not sure I understand what your "change in tactic"/"trick" was, was it just the tanking the last 2 waves of adds rather than worrying about killing them?

And to answer "why no DK", probably because most of them are more interested in the more "meaningful" fights (end zone bosses and bosses that drop mounts).

The standard thing you do, when you need "ressources"/dps: add trash. Those are no boss waves. And yes soloing stuff with the 30% ICC-Buff is meaningful, cause the tier is higher.

I'm not saying that because it's a higher tier is automatically more meaningful, I'm talking specifically about endzone bosses and bosses that drop mounts. No one will really care when someone solos maloriak or V&T, but nef/cho'gall/al'akir would be sure to get some attention. I myself don't recall a lot of hype for DKs soloing other fights in ulduar or ICC (except when raegwyn was attempting to solo marrowgar at 80), but LK, yogg 0, onyxia, sarth 3D? Those sure attracted some attention.

Congrats on the accomplishment either way. :P

Deleted
    Why didn't you just take the trash from the beginning to have the extra AP through the entire fight? You clearly had no problems with the extra adds and only gained from it, I don't see a reason why you cant take them throughout the entire fight.
    And why are you refreshing shield barrier 2 seconds before its even dropped off?

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Why didn't you just take the trash from the beginning to have the extra AP through the entire fight? You clearly had no problems with the extra adds and only gained from it, I don't see a reason why you cant take them throughout the entire fight.
    And why are you refreshing shield barrier 2 seconds before its even dropped off?
    1. That would be too much. Vengeance would even raise higher than 70k, but the mechanic behind vengeance is not boss/trash dps = vengeance value (with fix conversion). One huge rnd burst of melee dmg + that DoT from trash and i'm down.
    Best example would be my ignis25 kill, I will upload it the next days.
    2. I had many wipes in P2 due to huge burst from trash (2 big ones doing 250% more dmg with 10 stacks).
    3. only cause it lasts another 2 seconds doesn't mean, it will last the full duration. I don't have an addon that shows the remaining absorb....yet. It's just to prevent shit from happening.

Deleted
    Gz on a decent solo-kill. Special timing since you have the new MoP-talents, so kinda wondering if you could have done it with "normal" cata-talents.

Anyway I'm actually just posting to get the name of the Addon you use for cooldown on skills. The bar/bars that are at the middle/lower half of the screen. Mainly the one that measures cooldowns, but it looks like there are two others below - one that shows debuffs you have applied to others and then... the white lines where I'm guessing it's a swingtimer-meter?
    Edit: Clearly it's not a swingtime-meter, but rather a gcd-counter? But what's the other white line for?

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    He didn't want those adds to die. And he was aoeing the waves. t

UI crashed as I had to reset the PC cause performance was going down.
    So during the kill it looks really messed up.

The CD bar (top level bar) is ForteXorcist

Below is Quartz
    The white line filling up is the swing timer
    The line below is the GCD, normally not shown, but due to crash
    Lines between are target debuffs (normally not active).
    Quartz also shows your/your enemy's castbar.

On the solo kill timing:
    Before 5.0.4: no way, not even 10 man. Maybe +1 or +2, but not +3. Just too much dmg and too much dps required.
    I'm running around with 85k AP in P2. Before 5.0.4 you had less AP with selfbuffs and vegeance went up to maybe 15k with stamina gear (as far as i can remember).

The likely reason why DK's dont bother with it is because there is no actual incentive to do it, and ICC has stuff people want like shadowmourne not to mention badass looking gear.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    The CD bar (top level bar) is ForteXorcist

Lines between are target debuffs (normally not active).
    Thx a lot for the reply - These two bars are what interest me the most - will definetly try them out when I get home.

Ok, answering here since no one seems to have done a decent answer (someone said dks didn't have interest on this.... I myself have always been interested on 25-man bosses, did anything, but this is just not possible, also don't forget avanger1304 has killed a lot of 25-man bosses too, also has a bit more gear than me, if it were possible it'd have been done), look:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...52man349k.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ya9mins59.jpg/

Freya 25 2-man +0, so not a single elder, blood dk in full dps gear item level 403, holy paladin around 390 item level needed to beat the enrage timer, as you can see from the hp and the berserk, boss killed in 9 mins 59, enrage = 10 mins...

I think a BIS dps geared (item level 408) blood dk could solo freya 25 +0, but that's it, not enough dps for p2, vengeance sucks with freya hits only.

Good job to the OP and hope this answers to your question.

Anyway, I understand your tactic is the reason why you had the 75k required dps to beat her, never thought about that actually, but I'm not sure dks would have enough healing for all that trash, should try.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2012-09-19 at 03:33 PM.