Maintenance Last Night

Maybe I am just used to tuesday mornings from WoW, but I really wish that there was a place I could go to find an estimated time for the length of maintenance. I did like that blizzard liked to tell you "this should be over at 11 where we live".

Is there no place that they post how long maintenance will take, any problems they are having with it, etc? or do they just press a button and go home?

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Generally there is little down time and when it is its usually short but when they do post about it, its usually on their face book page.

They posted on Twitter when it would start and how long they expected it to take. The information is out there, even if they don't bother to put it on their official site.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    They posted on Twitter when it would start and how long they expected it to take. The information is out there, even if they don't bother to put it on their official site.
    If they're going to put it on Twitter, they should at least put a twitter feed on their webpage.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    If they're going to put it on Twitter, they should at least put a twitter feed on their webpage.
    That's actually a really good idea. You should suggest that them.

It was advertised that the maintanance was about 60mins o.0. I logged back in after exactly 1 hour.

Honestly, I don't see why they don't have news like this on the main page somewhere. They should definitely have a little window dedicated to game announcements (patches, downtime, blog posts ect.)

Expecting everyone to follow their twitter or facebook page (I liked their facebook page but don't always see updates, and I still don't have a twitter account because I had the platform) when there is a centralized location everyone will go to look at first is silly.

But they do at least give downtime estimates ect. when they announce it (saw last nights maintenance announcement on my facebooks. Hopefully they can move these to the main website in real time.

We will bring the servers down for maintenance in 30 minutes. Estimated downtime will be 60 minutes. Thank you for your patience. ~SL

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Honestly, I don't see why they don't have news like this on the main page somewhere. They should definitely have a little window dedicated to game announcements (patches, downtime, blog posts ect.)
    I agree 100%. I greatly dislike social media, and the only reason I have Twitter is because it's the way most game companies give us the news we want, and Twitter is ten times more tolerable than Facebook.

The news should be on their site. Even if it's just a Twitter feed, it should be there. It's ridiculous to have to use a third party application to get news about a game that has an official website.

While I agree with you, my guess is that, like the official forums, the website having such news is of lower priority (especially if doing so would further stress their infrastructure). That said, since they have the forums up and running, doing such a thing would likely have negligible impact to their infrastructure (since the site's already there, just doesn't have that type of information) and should be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Even more idealy they could add the feed directly into the launcher instead of or in addition to the forums. I actually tried to log in during the downtime twice before I checked the forums and then FB for news. A short blurb about downtime tonight for 60 minutes on the launcher would have saved me the trouble

Who is John Galt?

thank you for letting me know where I can go for this. I still think they should be putting it on their main site.

and

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Even more idealy they could add the feed directly into the launcher instead of or in addition to the forums. I actually tried to log in during the downtime twice before I checked the forums and then FB for news. A short blurb about downtime tonight for 60 minutes on the launcher would have saved me the trouble
    .... This ----^ took the words right out of my mouth Menendel.