Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    DocsDebugRunes is probably the best bet.
    It tracks Runes while keeping them very close, as well as Rime / Killing machine procs.

I prefer weakauras. I can make my runes look like/behave/be any way i want

Reiant, yes but it's not as efficient when you need the PA / WA for raid boss debuffs and what not.
    DDR is GREAT, small, and tracks all your procs.
    Only use WA / PA for boss debuffs / buffs, cool-down trackers, and that type of thing.

why not have both the runes and the raid boss debuffs? I haven't experienced any interface lag yet and half my UI is built on WA.

Not lag, it's not clean enough. DDR is the best possible way to track runes.

what do you mean its not clean enough? you can track your runes through any format you make. I choose to track mine through progress bars, but you could also do a variety of different ways. you could even have a model of arthas doing different animations for different rune combinations. If you have an FU pair up, then he runs. If you have no FU pairs but a B runes up, then he casts a spell. The point is, WA is as clean or as cluttered as you make it. If you incorporated something like kgpanels you could make a rune tracker through WA that look identical to DDR.
    Last edited by Reniat; 2012-10-01 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frstypwn View Post
    The best possible way for YOU. Other people prefer different things. Obviously you recommend this to any other DK, but that doesnt mean it is the only ''right'' option.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a pretty bold statement considering it's mostly personal preference.

@Reniat: I'd like to see a screenshot of your runes. I've considered trying WeakAuras for a few things but didn't realize you could use it for runes. I've used DDR since Wrath, so it'll be hard to use something else, but I'm interested in seeing your setup.

his is a pretty bold statement considering it's mostly personal preference.

@Reniat: I'd like to see a screenshot of your runes. I've considered trying WeakAuras for a few things but didn't realize you could use it for runes. I've used DDR since Wrath, so it'll be hard to use something else, but I'm interested in seeing your setup.
    Yes, but in a top ranked US / World guild you'll have to have everything as clean as it can be, and having WA all over the screen and not having everything in one little patch of your screen means you're not doing it efficient enough.

The best possible way for YOU. Other people prefer different things. Obviously you recommend this to any other DK, but that doesnt mean it is the only ''right'' option.
    Actually, it's the most-clean and efficient way of getting things done. I have debated this with other high-end death knights in top 10~ US guilds (Gicks, and some others.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but in a top ranked US / World guild you'll have to have everything as clean as it can be, and having WA all over the screen and not having everything in one little patch of your screen means you're not doing it efficient enough.

Actually, it's the most-clean and efficient way of getting things done. I have debated this with other high-end death knights in top 10~ US guilds (Gicks, and some others.)
    You are posting opinion as fact. Until you have something worthwhile to say. I would recommend just not posting.

Actually, stating that DDR is as simple as it is going to get is pretty worthwhile.
    It tracks runes (all 6), procs (Rime / KM), and diseases all within a small little area.
    WA / PA will work, but it's just not as clean / efficient.
    WA / PA is more for tracking boss debuffs / buffs, cool-downs, and what not so you don't have to look at your action bars and can focus on the screen.

again, YOU make WA look clean or not. You can put literally anything anywhere. if you have weak auras icons and bars all over your screen then take 10 minutes to clean it up and organize them better.

As far as my UI goes, it's a work in progress. trying out different things at the start of the expansion. I like this iteration so far, and I feel good enough about it to start progression with it. notice how all my WA stuff is exactly where i want it.

edit: pic was a bit big. here's the imgur link instead. http://imgur.com/BJWXb

UI isn't clean enough for serious top US progression.
    Your UI must be completely clear of all things that aren't raid / survival / DPS related. chat is too big, your spell bars are all the bottom of your screen, therefore you cannot pay attention to Defile (just a reference to any spell like that), the boss and moving it, etc.

WA / PA will work, but it's just not as clean / efficient.
    again, you could make an exact copy of DDR with WA. identical. The difference being you could adjust minor things that you otherwise couldn't with DDR, since you have complete control over it.

Depends. By exact copy, you mean a addon without a back-round that automatically tracks Killing Machine, Rime, and diseases in specific areas that are movable and the ability to be customized really simply with taking less memory, space, and overall is just less complicated / clean.

have you seen riggnaros's UI? his UI is more cluttered than mine. having a clean UI doesn't mean minimalism, it means having all the info on your screen in appropriate places and having nothing on it that you dont need. I could get more "clean" by your definition if i place all my cooldown timers around my screen like a border, freeing up a TON on screen real-estate in the middle. But then I wouldn't be able to track my cooldowns as well would I?

Even if a few top US players think its best, opinion is opinion. You could also adjust WA or PA to be somewhat see-through for defile and the likes. Opinion =/= fact

Depends. By exact copy, you mean a addon without a back-round that automatically tracks Killing Machine, Rime, and diseases in specific areas that are movable and the ability to be customized really simply with taking less memory, space, and overall is just less complicated / clean.
    Apart from the background (which you could add with a simple addon like KGpanels) you could make a DDR copy through WA that would be indistinguishable from DDR.

have you seen riggnaros's UI? his UI is more cluttered than mine. having a clean UI doesn't mean minimalism, it means having all the info on your screen in appropriate places and having nothing on it that you dont need. I could get more "clean" by your definition if i place all my cooldown timers around my screen like a border, freeing up a TON on screen real-estate in the middle. But then I wouldn't be able to track my cooldowns as well would I?
    Riggnaros is also a raid leader, and has his shit customized where he isn't looking at his action bars and is able to, off memory, know what is going to happen when etc.

Even if a few top US players think its best, opinion is opinion. You could also adjust WA or PA to be somewhat see-through for defile and the likes. Opinion =/= fact
    It's more than just a few top US dks, and it's not just seeing through it, it's the fact that no matter how transparent you make it , it still takes up more memory / space / visibility than DDR.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 09:16 AM ----------

Also, why did you compare your set up to Riggnaros'? He has custom, un-obtainable add-ons, raid leads.

how does it take more visibility if you customize it to look exactly the same? I'm not saying DDR isn't viable. If it works for you, then don't let anyone tell you to stop using it. I'm just saying it's not the only/best option for rune tracking.

Also i do raid serious 25m progression and have never had problems with a defile like mechanic because I have situational awareness, not because I raid with just an HP bar and some runes for a UI. You should have enough raid awareness and knowledge of the fights to know of mechanics before they happen, and not just reacting to the sight of them on your screen. If you know it's coming, you can react regardless of your UI. now, a clean UI certainly helps, but it isn't a rule that "more stuff on the screen = less reaction time" if that's what you are getting at.
    Last edited by Reniat; 2012-10-01 at 01:22 PM.