View Poll Results: How do you think Diablo 3 will fair in 2013 ?

Voters
403. This poll is closed
  • Diablo 3 will be a better game in 2013

193 47.89%
  • Diablo 3 will be a worse game in 2013

69 17.12%
  • Diablo 3 will remain the same

141 34.99%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipn View Post
    Blizz will always add things to their game as time goes on so of course it will be a better game in a year. HOWEVER buying D3 was like buying a beta that wasn't finished. So I honestly feel that the game is over for me no matter what they add.
    Basically, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. No matter how good the game gets, they won't get another opportunity to give me the experience of newly discovering D3 with my friends.

The game now is better than it was at launch. With 1.05, the game will finally get reasonably close to the point where it can be considered on par for a Blizzard product. The shitty part about that is that it means the game was markedly worse at launch than it should have been.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Fire Jay Wilson, game will have a chance

But I dont see the game as being worse then it is (or at least I hope), so ill be optimistic and hope for something better

Deleted
    Not like it could get worse :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Fire Jay Wilson, game will have a chance

But I dont see the game as being worse then it is (or at least I hope), so ill be optimistic and hope for something better
    I wouldn't be holding my breath. If they hadn't fired him already or moved him off the project after this long and this many debacles well then he knows the right people. Or he's got photographs of somebody doing something they shouldn't be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    This game is utter trash. The loot system is the most broken thing I've ever seen in a video game. I've lost count the amount of times I've filled my bags 3x over in a farming run and have not one be able to be AH'd for more than a couple thousand at best. Farming is too random and upgrades cost 30-300 million each. It's just garbage. I literally can't remember the last upgrade I've received from a drop in game.

The game was designed for players to use the RMAH to max their character. There's no way around it. That makes it trash in my opinion.
    The thing is, I can kinda understand it from Blizzard's perspective.

Blizzard understood that in D2, it was impossible to expect someone to gear up with top end items without either hacking or participating in 3rd party auction houses. So they thought everyone would be fine with the idea of adding an AH directly into the game and eliminating the need to go to 3rd party sites.

What actually happened was that it destroyed the illusion of farming for gear to improve in a Diablo game. It was overt and obvious to everyone that, not just the quickest, but the only path to gear was trading and using the AH.

The people that traded on 3rd party sites could feel elite for understanding how to do it, while snickering at people who actually tried to farm gear on their own. With D3, everyone traded for gear and no-one stood out.

I was personally SHOCKED at the idea of an AH in D3. I was constantly posting that Diablo needs to go in the complete OPPOSITE direction. They needed to make ALL items soulbound, kill trading for gear COMPLETELY, and force people to kill bosses, craft, and actually play the game to get better. I was pushing that idea years before release. But obviously, they didn't listen.

What could have been...
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2012-09-26 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Basically, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. No matter how good the game gets, they won't get another opportunity to give me the experience of newly discovering D3 with my friends.
    Yeah, I very highly doubt that the next D3 expansion will have anywhere close the sale numbers as D3 did. Unless they do another Annual Pass for the expansion, but even then.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Just like Diablo 2 it was terrible before LoD anyone whos played D2 can tell you that

Hopefully it will be the same and I really do mean D2 was T E R R I B LE like pretty bad before that expansion came out

Uhhh not really. LoD actually BROKE the game. The addition of runewords and charms trivialized a lot of things, over powered uniques made most rares useless. Any hardcore player worth his salt will tell you that a Classic Guardian is a much harder feat than a Guardian on LoD.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    It can only get better, as with all blizzard games over time

Don't care. Still a fun game for me - a casual gamer. I play a few hours a week. I squash monsters, I get loot, I have fun, I log off. It's a fine game for someone not looking to play 10 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoak View Post
    It can only get better, as with all blizzard games over time
    Except in wow, sc2, d2

It will take blizz months or even years to fix the problems with this game.

They still have not talked about fixing the loot and when they do, it will only start with new items that drop so they will try to force people play more or use rmah. Putting str/int on items meant for dext users and too much randomness on legendary stats shows how inept the designers are.

The constant nerfs to every build in the game is just pathetic.

The nerfs will not stop seeing as they want the pvp to be taken seriously and we all know how well that worked out in wow.

Recent patch and upcoming adding nice things but still not enough to bring most players back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Uhhh not really. LoD actually BROKE the game. The addition of runewords and charms trivialized a lot of things, over powered uniques made most rares useless. Any hardcore player worth his salt will tell you that a Classic Guardian is a much harder feat than a Guardian on LoD.
    D2: LoD was a whole lot better than D2 Classic. It's a simple fact. Whether or not Classic Guardian or LoD Guardian is harder is entirely besides the point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    It will take blizz months or even years to fix the problems with this game.
    There's even one big flaw in D3 that I don't think will ever get fixed.
    I just don't see Blizzard making that big changes. I doubt it's even possible at this point.

The flaw is the inability to travel between acts and do quests in a non-linear order.
    In that sense, D2 is truly the better game. It has much more freedom and thus replayability.

They can improve D3 all they want, it will always have this very major flaw. It's really killing the replayability of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    There's even one big flaw in D3 that I don't think will ever get fixed.
    I just don't see Blizzard making that big changes. I doubt it's even possible at this point.
    It's gotta be loot, right? I mean... Everyone already knows it's loot. What else could it be?

The flaw is the inability to travel between acts and do quests in a non-linear order.
    In that sense, D2 is truly the better game. It has much more freedom and thus replayability.

They can improve D3 all they want, it will always have this very major flaw. It's really killing the replayability of the game.
    Uh... What?

This is such a trivial "issue". What you're really asking for is the ability to get 5 stacks of NV and then just port to every boss in the game. If this ludicrous request is not what you're after, then log out of the game you're in, pick the Act/Quest you want and get going. It's like 3 more mouse clicks and maybe 30 extra seconds when compared to D2.

How this would affect “replayability” is completely beyond me. You can still do exactly what you did in D2. It just takes a miniscule amount of time longer. Calling this a “very major flaw” is absurd to the point of idiocy. Would it be nice to be able to move between Acts without starting a new game? Sure. But on a scale of 1 to 10… In terms of important issues they need to address, this is like a negative 2.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-10-01 at 04:04 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

D3 will stay the same next year, a complete disaster.

Deleted
    Haven't played d3 but will if they take out RMA. Just wanted to chime in, saying that part of the "abysmal failure" as some have labelled it (I'm not sold on that) comes from the fact that D3 has attracted a bunch of gamers that have non-D3 expectations. MMO players were guilty of this, as were all the LoL people. Fact is, D2 came out at a different time and had no viable competition until late in LoD. D3 has had to fight MMO expectations every step of the way and still people went in looking for things that just weren't going to be there.

I played D2 for six years straight, it was a rush and a ride but that kind of thing will never happen again. Going forward we'll just have new stuff, new experiences and new ways of being entertained. If anything, the virtual worlds we explore and fight in have gotten bigger, better, more social and have more stuff in them to do than every before. The only thing holding a game like D3 back is the people looking for other games inside it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    D2 and D3 are not all that different except you can't farm the boss whenever you want and in D3 bosses are not really that important anyway. You just select the last quest and can go wherever you want. I don't see your problem here. And quest... D2 quest system is forgettable, 6 quest max per act and no you can't do that in any order, you have to kill izual before go to hellforge, then go to diablo. Either you do that in a row or you just start a game with every quest done.

Deleted
    There isn't a single person left on my friends list who even plays this game anymore (after at least 12 bought it on release)...it took them to long to make the game and even in the end it was released to early, it was clear they didn't have a clue what to do with it.

Deleted
    7 RL friends and myself threw ourselves into Diablo 3. All of us were veterans of Diablo 2 and loved the grinding, the gear and the farming.

We played a lot of Diablo 3 and it didn't feel right, inferno felt like an abortion (lol 1 shot/gay builds) but still we played on and tried to like the game. Even those of us who choose the wrong classes (monk/barb/witch doctor) plowed on and managed to clear inferno.

Then they nerfed attack speed... friends went from having the best gear in the game to being gimp overnight with millions of gold down the drain without compensation. We helped each other switch to crit gear and kept on playing.

Then they buffed act 1 drop rates and nerfed inferno damage. The sheer effort it took for a Barb/Monk to obtain the defensive gear required to farm inferno was trivalised overnight, the value of the gear plummeted as people went for more offensive builds again with millions of gold going down the drain without compensation.

Then everybody quit.
    1.04 came out, nobody returned.
    1.05 is coming out, there are no plans to return.

It's too little too late. It's done. They fucked it up. See you at the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    This is such a trivial "issue". What you're really asking for is the ability to get 5 stacks of NV and then just port to every boss in the game.
    That's not what it's about. It's about not being forced to go through every game in the same order.

What really kills the replayability is being forced to listen to all the lame dialogue and watch all the horrible cutscenes and do all the quests in the same order OVER and OVER and OVER. There is no freedom to go wherever you want and do the things in the order you want them to do.

It might not be a big thing to you, but it definitely is a major flaw to other players. To me and the people I know in real life, it's probably even a bigger flaw than the terrible loot. And it's the hardest thing to fix, since it means Blizzard would have to dig into the source code and change some of the very basics of the game. I don't see that happening.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2012-10-01 at 04:48 PM.

When D3 came out I had at least 10 real ID friends online at any given time for the first few weeks.

For the last few months, maybe 1 is online in D3, but usually 0.

I don't see anything bringing people back. Personally I think D3 wasn't great. The first play through was fun, leveling up and going through the storyline was fun. Endgame sucks, when you RNG a blue or yellow mob that is literally impossible to kill without dieing 50 times its just alt+f4 time. Its not even fun. The always-online thing sucks, because of it I play more Torchlight then diablo (on flights, for example). It was a big meh. I don't think any patches are going to bring a ton of people back to this game, it just wasn't that great after the initial playthough.