View Poll Results: How do you think Diablo 3 will fair in 2013 ?

Voters
403. This poll is closed
  • Diablo 3 will be a better game in 2013

193 47.89%
  • Diablo 3 will be a worse game in 2013

69 17.12%
  • Diablo 3 will remain the same

141 34.99%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    There is no freedom to go wherever you want and do the things in the order you want them to do.
    You're saying that you can't do things in the order you want, so let's test your theory. You pick any five quests in D3 and list them here. Then I will log on and see if it is possible to do them in the order you've listed. After I complete the five quests, spending the extra few seconds required to pick them from the main menu, you will either agree that you actually CAN do what you just said you CAN'T, or admit to the fact you have the unrealistic expectation that you should be able to 5 stack NV farm every boss in the game, one after the other.

Deal? After that we can do the "does ESC skip cutscenes" test where we can determine if you really are "forced to listen to all the lame dialogue and watch all the horrible cutscenes".

<---- Sarcasm smiley, just in case it didn't bleed through.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-10-01 at 05:10 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    ...or admit to the fact you have the unrealistic expectation that you should be able to 5 stack NV farm every boss in the game, one after the other.

Deal? After that we can do the "does ESC skip cutscenes" test where we can determine if you really are "forced to listen to all the lame dialogue and watch all the horrible cutscenes".
    I was just about to put emphasis on point one and bring up point two, but you beat me to it. I honestly don't understand how even one person thinks either of these are a legitimate issue with the game.

The first one is not even an issue, it's people only wanting the NV buff at all times. They can get over it. The second one, I assume, is people who want to just mindlessly hammer away at blood and guts and loot for hours on end. While the ESC pretty much ends everything instantly, not to mention skips audio dialogue as well, you can simply jump around to other zones in an act and plow through demons without fear of anyone talking to you other than your companion.

If even your companion makes the game unbearable, because you happen to have a form of psychosis, please do yourself a favor and leave them in town. You will find the only noises now left to you are the gnashing teeth and death wails of monsters exploding in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    or admit to the fact you have the unrealistic expectation that you should be able to 5 stack NV farm every boss in the game, one after the other.
    I got to ask, what would be so wrong with being able to do that?

It's not like bosses drop that much more loot than you average elite pack and you would more than likely be more efficient just farming them over bosses anyway, the lack of option to kill what ever bosses you want during your game is just contributing to the feeling of lack of content.

This is not to mention how silly NV is to begin with, it's more or less becoming a requirement with 1.05 to stack 5xNV to play the game for no real reason other than restricting skill switches mid game session, something that hurts their precious skill diversity as people will look for a build that works well enough for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    That's not what it's about. It's about not being forced to go through every game in the same order.

What really kills the replayability is being forced to listen to all the lame dialogue and watch all the horrible cutscenes and do all the quests in the same order OVER and OVER and OVER. There is no freedom to go wherever you want and do the things in the order you want them to do.

It might not be a big thing to you, but it definitely is a major flaw to other players. To me and the people I know in real life, it's probably even a bigger flaw than the terrible loot. And it's the hardest thing to fix, since it means Blizzard would have to dig into the source code and change some of the very basics of the game. I don't see that happening.
    The bold part drives me crazy.

Another major issue with this is key farming. Wont we reach the input limit if we have to make a new game to farm more than one key per game?

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Another major issue with this is key farming. Wont we reach the input limit if we have to make a new game to farm more than one key per game?
    You need 5x NV to get the key to drop even so don't worry, to reach the input limit I think you have to create a game per minute for more than 2 hours or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The future of diablo 3 is to be sold for 9.99 in toys r us stores in the united states. Actually that's the present, the future will likely be that all stores sell it for that much which is what it should have been sold for to begin with. Shallow game is shallow.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    I like Diablo 3 now, but I expect it to improve greatly with the coming patches. Not to forget the expansion(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Patch 1.01 = More lootz
    Patch 1.02 = Even more loot
    Patch 1.03 = EVEN more loot
    Patch 1.04 = MORE LOOOOOT
    Patch 1.05 = more loot.
    No. If they gave us too much loot then their precious real money auction house would be ruined.

...New here everybody hey.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The future of diablo 3 is to be sold for 9.99 in toys r us stores in the united states. Actually that's the present, the future will likely be that all stores sell it for that much which is what it should have been sold for to begin with. Shallow game is shallow.
    Yeah pretty much this. Diablo 3 will fall and Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile will take it's place. That is, unless Diablo 3 pulls something big.

Hey in case nobody knows, "Adds x% to ____ (elemental) damage" is independent of your skills. So if you're an Arcane Orb Wizard, you don't have to get Adds x% to Arcane Damage. It could be lightening or whatever.

I thought I left out-of-game research and theorycrafting behind with World of Warcraft, but I guess not. Le sigh.

But I think Diablo 3 is in for the long haul.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will stay the same... And by staying the same I mean it will continue to be a steaming pile of fucking horse shit.

If there even is an expansion for it I probably won't even buy it because I know that I'll get sick of it after two weeks >_>
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine it'll change too much, though I want to caution everyone:

Keep it civil and don't game bash. You can discuss the things about the game you dislike, but it isn't necessary to bash it. That just derails the thread

A game of farming as the meaning of progress with an auction house that lets you skip the farming part doesn't make much sense to me.

300 hours invested ona single char and no drops worth an upgrade after the first inferno drops nor worth selling in AH for other classes. This means no drop and no gold to buy = character stuck at beginning of act 3.

This before the "monster power" patch, still what sense has to make monster less difficult if they drop worse gear? Also i cannot raise the gauge since i don't have the gear to kill them.

I see these kind of patches like bandaids for a game that has a very short lifespan. The leveling part and also paragon levels weren't bad, but this has never been the problem.

After 300 hours, someone expect at least to decently farm the game. Not to have uber gear or billions of gold, but to be able to farm the place to get them.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    A game of farming as the meaning of progress with an auction house that lets you skip the farming part doesn't make much sense to me.
    It makes NO sense!!!! If you ask me it's the biggest flaw in the entire game.

Diablo is all about going through dungeons and maps, killing monsters and getting better loot from them.... Not farming mobs to get gold and items to sell on the AH to get better gear. I got so irate when one of the blue posters said that Diablo 3 is not World of Warcraft, OF COURSE IT ISN'T!!!! So why is it that they are implementing tools from an MMO into a game like Diablo? It boggles the mind! For the most part the game was a complete joke until I mad it to inferno. When things started to get tough all I had to do was go to the AH and buy some new gear and then I would go right back to 2-3 shotting everything
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Really no force to use it, most will but no one is holding a gun to their heads. Note that drop rates at this point has little to nothing to do with clearing all content and as such simply can't be argued as a factor in the AH complaint.

I stopped playing a while back now after the latest Wiz nerf round on PTR coupled with changes to drop rates once again, not so much for the drop rates nor the nerfs them selfs but the constant changes to value of gear and specs, simply devaluing any time and effort made to acquire gear or gearing in to a specific synergy. This constant screwing with specs and drop rates simply made me lose faith in the persistence of the gear perfection end-game, an end-game that has the best longevity of them all, in short they made me ask my self why bother making an effort.

Edit: Pretty much the same question I had to ask my self with the direction WoW took over the years and ultimately made me quit when the DS nerfs rolled out in record short time. Guess Blizzard games just aren't for me any more.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-10-09 at 02:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredAwe View Post
    No. If they gave us too much loot then their precious real money auction house would be ruined.

...New here everybody hey.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 12:50 PM ----------

Yeah pretty much this. Diablo 3 will fall and Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile will take it's place. That is, unless Diablo 3 pulls something big.
    RMAH at this point is really no argument seeing as how improved the drop rates are. Path of Exile, surely you jest. Torchlight 2 is a decent game but it also has massive issues like boring skill trees, and spamming the same two spells over and over for a start. Both Path of Exile and TL2 are lacking where graphics and variety is concerned and can't even compare gameplay wise to Diablo 3. Yes both games also have their good points, TL2 more than PoE though but this a Diablo forum and not TL2 nor PoE.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-10-09 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Torchlight 2 is a decent game but it also has massive issues like boring skill trees, and spamming the same two spells over and over for a start.
    This makes no sense, my lvl100 engineer uses 9 skills (and i love them all). Maybe your just not very good

"You need 5x NV to get the key to drop even so don't worry, to reach the input limit I think you have to create a game per minute for more than 2 hours or something like that. "

Ahh, i thought it was like 7 games an hour, thanks for correction. I can get 5 stacks in under 5mins if i dont have to look around to much. I can see people doing festering woods to get 4stacks, pick up an elite somewhere else for the 5th then hitting the keyboss. A2 you can use desolate sands (lots of elites, if not go into voa). Act3 we can just do the bridge, always at least 4 there, can hit the cave to get the 5th.

The problem im seeing is the a4 key, there are barely any elites there as it is, its going to take forever to get the 5 stacks. Are keys tradeable (rmah)? I know the ring isnt.

D3 devs should bite the bullet and do some sort of map system, its really really fun and keeps things fresh with new dungeon layouts and monster combo's.

For me...

To small and confined world. Replay value consisting of doing the same thing only harder, harder and oh yea... harder... doesn't constitute fun or rewarding... 'to me'.

Hard to say. I suspect that some players (myself included) played D3 as their first real venture in the series, and simply realized that the game doesn't have compelling replay value.

I think that the changes made to the game recently have been positive.. but until an expansion or new content is released, I just see no reason to go back. Regardless of prizes, you're seeing the exact same story play out, with the exact same encounters.

Some sort of map / scenario building tool for the community to make their own content would have done wonders, but sort of flies in the face of how this game works.

Solid game despite everything, and I certainly got my money's worth, but this just isn't a genre that would keep me playing for months / years.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Hard to say. I suspect that some players (myself included) played D3 as their first real venture in the series, and simply realized that the game doesn't have compelling replay value.
    That's a trip to me, because I'm a brutal critic and I got on board pretty strong after 1.04. But to each their own, of course, I was in fact introduced to the Diablo universe early. Some people are not suited for hours of item hunting, and that's certainly not unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    That's a trip to me, because I'm a brutal critic and I got on board pretty strong after 1.04. But to each their own, of course, I was in fact introduced to the Diablo universe early. Some people are not suited for hours of item hunting, and that's certainly not unreasonable.
    Yeah, this was my first real foray into the game. I recall playing D2 for about 15 minutes back when it was released, thinking it was utter shit, and never re-installing it.

On a side note, I read your posts in Jesse's voice. I assume this is the desired effect?