View Poll Results: How do you think Diablo 3 will fair in 2013 ?

Voters
403. This poll is closed
  • Diablo 3 will be a better game in 2013

193 47.89%
  • Diablo 3 will be a worse game in 2013

69 17.12%
  • Diablo 3 will remain the same

141 34.99%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Yeah, this was my first real foray into the game. I recall playing D2 for about 15 minutes back when it was released, thinking it was utter shit, and never re-installing it.
    That's too bad

On a side note, I read your posts in Jesse's voice. I assume this is the desired effect?
    Not really, he's just a cool character. I need to switch it up, though, but I'm kinda out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Not really, he's just a cool character. I need to switch it up, though, but I'm kinda out of ideas.
    I had assumed that was Justin Timberlake. >.>
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Now that you mention it, it absolutely does look like Justin Timberlake haha!

Haha. Now you're gonna have to change it or else you're gonna think of that every time you post.

That or change your Location to "Bringing Sexy Back".
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a load of people will come back if they remove the RMAH or both AHs which I'm shocked they haven't thought of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    I know a load of people will come back if they remove the RMAH or both AHs which I'm shocked they haven't thought of yet.
    Exactly what benefit would that bring?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't see what they could do that would make me want to waste any more time on this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    This makes no sense, my lvl100 engineer uses 9 skills (and i love them all). Maybe your just not very good

"You need 5x NV to get the key to drop even so don't worry, to reach the input limit I think you have to create a game per minute for more than 2 hours or something like that. "

Ahh, i thought it was like 7 games an hour, thanks for correction. I can get 5 stacks in under 5mins if i dont have to look around to much. I can see people doing festering woods to get 4stacks, pick up an elite somewhere else for the 5th then hitting the keyboss. A2 you can use desolate sands (lots of elites, if not go into voa). Act3 we can just do the bridge, always at least 4 there, can hit the cave to get the 5th.

The problem im seeing is the a4 key, there are barely any elites there as it is, its going to take forever to get the 5 stacks. Are keys tradeable (rmah)? I know the ring isnt.

D3 devs should bite the bullet and do some sort of map system, its really really fun and keeps things fresh with new dungeon layouts and monster combo's.
    My Lightning Amber Mage uses two skills.

I agree with act 4 being crap (not being able to travel between acts at will is a big problem) and a map system would be nice.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-10-10 at 05:55 AM.

Deleted
    I never thought i would be so disappointed about Diablo 3. Sure my expections were high but i got so disappointed. I played already Diablo 1 online like a boss in the 90's and as most of us i couldnt wait for D3. But the whole Item drop system made me go crazy someday, farming inferno non stop for 99% of shit Items. Never complained that i dont get the super mega weapon, but you know what i mean. In the end it made me start botting D3 up to 10 Accounts until all of them got banned, however i made 2k $ and i dont feel even a bit sad that my D3 CE got banned. I dont think whatever they do with the game ill get back to D3. Really frustrating. Thanks Blizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    You probably mean the prismatic build... that is the one build that uses the least skills but anyway: You use 2 skills, at least 3 passives (the brands), you probably have one point in blink as an escape move and either wand or staff speciliazation. That's 81 points, you still have over 50 points to go to other skills like the immolation aura for the dmg reduction or the astral constract from the frost tree.

The mage in d3 has 3 passives. They could be deemed equal to the embermages brands? maybe. Let's move on to the other skills. You pick a main attack, a secondary attack (your 2 skills that you said you use in tl2), one escape move (blink or mirror images=the blink in the frost tree) and then either an additional defensive skill and two buffs or 3 buffs. If you have low gear, you *might* be forced into a signature spell in which case it takes the spot of either a buff or a defensive skill.

Tbh, as far as numbers goes, it looks pretty similar to me. I prefer tl2 tree because it offers different ways of building your character. The nukes available to the wizard class, were too similar in my opinion.... The graphics changed a LOT yes, but the functionality behind them was almost the same.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    Tbh, as far as numbers goes, it looks pretty similar to me. I prefer tl2 tree because it offers different ways of building your character. The nukes available to the wizard class, were too similar in my opinion.... The graphics changed a LOT yes, but the functionality behind them was almost the same.
    Not to mention that a Wiz in D3 is pretty mind numbing to level. Don't get me wrong, it can be fun, but I rocked out tons of Int and Attack Speed, popped all the passive buffs in my slots, and just spammed my Raiden Win button day after day. I think it's more fun because you explode the whole screen in a second, not because it is diverse. I think both designs have merit, but obviously having diversity is better in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post

I agree with act 4 being crap (not being able to travel between acts at will is a big problem) and a map system would be nice.
    My lvl 100 fire mage has and uses

Right click - Magma spear
    A - Magma mace
    S - Rain of fire
    D - Pillar of flame
    E - Infernal Collapse
    Q - Elemental Boon
    W - Frost Phase
    C - Death's Bounty
    F - Frost Tomb

Passives

Fire brand
    Few points in Staff mastery
    Few points in Charge

I'm not even going to get into my frost mage setup atm. I actually prefer having control over how my character grows and develops during the game play (as wow players like to coin the "leveling grind" , obviously because they are such fun people.)

I also have 5 points in fire bomb but I stopped using it. Doesn't bother me in the least, I'm not gimped because I used 5 points (out of 100++) on it while leveling up , I still like the spell, I just have to many other spells that I'm using all the time.

This is without even talking about the rest of the classes / builds.

Also just for reference this is on elite difficulty , just finished up hell mode recently. I'm sure there are some builds that work with as few skills as possible (especially on lower difficultys) but I'm also willing to be they would be more efficient by using all those extra skill points they have to pick up some more active abilities that complement their play style.

From my experience as d3 "wizard" and a Tl2 embermage, both about the same played time, TL2 is much more engaging, fast paced, satisfying combat that rewards adapting to the enemy / environment using the tools that you have at your disposal. Rubberbanding / dieing from a melee hit from across the screen certainly don't make D3's combat feel good.
    Last edited by Lomak; 2012-10-10 at 05:48 PM.

My experience with TL2 so far (level 50 Engneer) is that I have my "kill one enemy and generate Charge" button and my "kill lots of enemies and spend Charge" button. And then a bunch of passives and a couple "fire and forget" minions. Not that it's a bad game for it though. The mindless simplicity can be a refreshing change from all the other games that feel the need to challenge you on 10 different levels in order to keep your attention.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-10-10 at 07:52 PM. Reason: speeling r haurd
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    My experience with TL2 so far (level 50 Engneer) is that I have my "kill one enemy and generate Charge" button and my "kill lots of enemies and spend Charge" button. And then a bunch of passives and a couple "fire and forget" minions. Not that it's a bad game for it though. The mindless simplicity can be a refreshing change from all the other games that feel the need to challenge you on 10 deifferent levels in order to keep your attention.
    You're level 50 so I don' think you've even made it through an entire play through yet. I remember being about lvl 53 after finishing the first play through. Also you didn't mention the difficulty you are playing on, harder difficulties and higher level play through you will not be able to simply ignore the enemy attack types / abilities without getting hurt / killed. You will have to identify the high priority targets (casters usually, brute type enemies, ect ect) and either avoid them while killing the rest first or take them out asap.

I'm sure it will for some, for me personally, probably not. I played D2/LoD sporadicly from release till as recently as 2011, but I just couldn't get into D3. I enjoyed it for 3 weeks or so, 120 solid hours so I can't complain... and I tried again after .03 and .04, but it just didn't hold the appeal anymore, possibly I've just grown out of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    The mindless simplicity can be a refreshing change from all the other games that feel the need to challenge you on 10 deifferent levels in order to keep your attention.
    This is what i liked about the tornado barb so much. Its the only build in the game that requires players to use skills to make their other skills work. Ruined me for other classes in d3

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    You're level 50 so I don' think you've even made it through an entire play through yet. I remember being about lvl 53 after finishing the first play through. Also you didn't mention the difficulty you are playing on, harder difficulties and higher level play through you will not be able to simply ignore the enemy attack types / abilities without getting hurt / killed. You will have to identify the high priority targets (casters usually, brute type enemies, ect ect) and either avoid them while killing the rest first or take them out asap.
    I picked the level that was one above normal. I don't remember what it was called. "Hard", I think? Not the hardest level and not the normal level. The one in between.

That said, my point was not that TL3 is bad and D3 is good - or the other way around. Both are mind-numbingly simple. This is intentional. They are made this way by design as simplicity is a (of not THE) hallmark trait of a dungeon crawler style game. If you’re looking for complexity, neither game is for you.

Arguing the semantics of which simple game is the most complex is just stupid.

Edit:
    Note that “complex” does not necessarily mean “challenging”. A two button game can easily be more challenging than a 15 button game. I can’t fully speak for TL3 yet, but D3 was doing okay in this department before nerf after nerf after nerf sucked the challenge from the game.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    This game is utter trash. The loot system is the most broken thing I've ever seen in a video game. I've lost count the amount of times I've filled my bags 3x over in a farming run and have not one be able to be AH'd for more than a couple thousand at best. Farming is too random and upgrades cost 30-300 million each. It's just garbage. I literally can't remember the last upgrade I've received from a drop in game.

The game was designed for players to use the RMAH to max their character. There's no way around it. That makes it trash in my opinion.
    I can't remember when I received an upgrade from a drop in game either in D2.

Diablo lacks staying power, I don't know why, but it just doesn't. The only fix to the game at this stage in it's lifecycle is an expansion, and that seems very VERY far off being that we don't even have a release date yet for the Pvp patch...which many feel should have been in the game at the start. For the changes being made, it shouldn't take blizzard months like it is now.

In my opinion, Diablo 3 will remain the same till the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I can't remember when I received an upgrade from a drop in game either in D2.
    You probably started in the "pickit" days. I ran groups and if anyone didnt leave loot on the ground for at least 3 secs, they didnt get invited to the next game. Kinda like wow before the random server thing.

The thing in d2 was that there wasnt really a lvl cap (cow days dont count, baal leech semi legit cause it takes so long), so a lvl62 item was still good for a lvl 80. We have lvl60+ or trash in d3. There arent enough end game items in d3 because the window is so small. The itemization system is getting better with the proc's but they are still limited by a lack of required stats points to achieve a certain build (dr stormshield sorc stacking str for example). Why can all my chars (not really on dh) use the same wep?

Lack of stat points killed the itemization basically.