Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?

Cool Mafia Game 18 Sign Up Thread!

This is the sign up thread for the next mafia game on MMO-Champion.

For people unaware, mafia is a fun political/factional forum game that we play here on the fun stuff forum.

Here's a rough beginner's guide for those interested in playing.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

To sign up, simply state that you want to play in the comment sections of this very thread, and you'll be signed up for the next game! (provided you respond to the confirmation PM's that'll be sent out in the future)

Though be warned, once you do sign up, it's important to remember you made a commitment to appear in the mafia games. We don't take too kindly to no-shows who sign up. Also -

Please state that you want to play, chatting tells me nothing!

So after some shaddy backroom deals and politics, and a good'ol fashion mutiny against the previous mafia mods. It seems Keleb and I have come to inherent the reins mafiadom . We (and maybe Arlee) haven't decided anything on the next game's composition and rules changes yet, so if you want an addition/change to the pending setup and rules, now's the chance to speak your mind! More than likely, once we get an accurate number of players who're playing this game. We'll post the setup composition in this thread for player feedback.

Also for those unaware, we're moving back to hosting the mafia games on MMO-Champion, we may however go back to hosting or alternate hosting on the other forum sometime in the future. So there's that.

Current player sign up:
    Worer
    2. NightFury Treann (second place haha!)
    3. Knephertiti
    4. Lysah
    5. Everything Nice
    6. Silkku
    7. Anakso
    8. Worgenite
    9. The Dwarf Lover
    10. Kisuro
    11. Moldyoldsock
    12. Krayzy
    13. Dyra
    14. Lellybaby
    15. listo95

Edit: 09/24/2012 -
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Heads up:

Deadline for sign-up is tonight.
    Confirmation PM's will be sent out tomorrow morning.
    Game will begin on Thursday morning.

All EST.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-09-27 at 04:25 AM.

Deleted
    I'd like to try. Is it okay if I'm not online all day long, but around 14-8pm London time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty good. Maifa is by no means a 24/7 commitment.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-09-19 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Alright, I'm signing up for this!

Give me my fucking serial killer role already!

(i'm in)
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Separate forums failed? Also how come you are hosting and not that beagle? I thought he had kind of claimed permament mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgy is old and tired, so he doesn't feel like hosting anymore. Arlee is getting all married and what not, and is leaving us soon. And Foxxy is MIA. .

Also the separate forums although interesting due to it's anonymity. Was rarely posted in, because kept forgetting about the game.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-09-19 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, without any intent to sound rude, maybe you should just drop it and let it be a good memory. You and I were part of the first game, after all.

(maybe there are still people here that want to play, idk. I do encourage you to find out, ofc.)
    Last edited by Wass; 2012-09-19 at 10:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Also, give us your thoughts about the traitor role. Not saying we'll have one or not, but IF we have a traitor, how would you like it to be? I posted some suggestions in the discussion thread and I think there were some others that did the same thing as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the traitor role should be reworked into so that the only way a traitor would win, would be to get converted and additionally win as mafia. I think it might be a good change, not so much as to encourage the traitors to seek out godfathers/alpha and be less lurker-like. But more so out of principle, since it seems a bit lazy to just have a role that wins regardless of whatever actions it does throughought the entire game (unless attacked by a SK). Some roles are naturally more difficult than others. The traitor role is one such role I feel should be more difficult.

Also how does everyone feel about traitors being converted by serial killers .
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-09-19 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read one of the ones on the other forum - sounds like it can be a blast. Interested and signing up! If y'all will have me, that is.

I'm in, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    You know, without any intent to sound rude, maybe you should just drop it and let it be a good memory. You and I were part of the first game, after all.

(maybe there are still people here that want to play, idk. I do encourage you to find out, ofc.)

Perhaps, perhaps not. It's worth giving it at least one last try on these forums, though with the speed of these sign ups, this might be the final nail in this coffin. .

Deleted
    Sign me up I guess. Feels odd, every time I'd played it's been Worg and Foxxi modding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Give me my fucking serial killer role already!

(i'm in)
    Or me.
    Actually me instead

In for next game

Deleted
    This seems fun but it's way too complicated for me to understand the rules in English(it's a lie I understand it almost perfectly..... I'm Silly), so is it ok if I just watch you guys play it and then signup, if I kinda like it...? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    This seems fun but it's way too complicated for me to understand the rules in English(it's a lie I understand it almost perfectly..... I'm Silly), so is it ok if I just watch you guys play it and then signup, if I kinda like it...? :P
    You can watch the thread as it starts all you want. Just don't post, we have a rule here against that for this particular game. When that one's over, if they start another, feel free to join.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not experienced or anything here, but I imagine that could be fine. Though, my thoughts, maybe it would be better if you take a little time now, read through an old game or two, and use that to see if you like it? That way you could even play this one if you so choose.

Edit: Linky to an old game. Two from the other forum these guys were using are here.
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-09-20 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, as Pendulous said, you can always watch the game just as long as you don't comment in the thread, so as to not confuse current players.

Though playing would be more fun than watching . And the game it'self isn't entirely that difficult for newcomers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Yep, as Pendulous said, you can always watch the game just as long as you don't comment in the thread, so as to not confuse current players.

Though playing would be more fun than watching . And the game it'self isn't entirely that difficult for newcomers.
    I'm just afraid to go in and screw things up.... :b I'll just watch, and if you make another game, I'll just sign up if I like it! :P