Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Huge amount of ranged classes after this patch

    Why are there so many ranged classes now? Does everyone reroll because ranged classes suddenly are superior to melee?

    There's in average the double amount of ranged classes then melee on each faction in every BG now.

  2. #2
    Yes, every time casters are OP 500 mage alts come out of the word work to ruin bgs till they get patched.

    I dueled a mage on my warrior earlier and beat him badly, he was obviously a reroller. He proceeded to call me a scrub because my highest rating was 2150, then ran off. I searched him on battle.net and seen that he was posting asking for mage buffs such as damage buffs, ice barrier being undispellable, etc.

    I logged on my shadow priest after, and dueled another mage. I got told i was OP because i could spam dispel (Spell steal anyone?) after that i just facepalmed screenshotted it and posted it in guild chat for some laughs

    TLR yeah, just wait till MOP i guess. Avoid bgs at all costs unless you have like 4 healers
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    If you do not like guns, move to England. It is that simple.
    Simply pack up and leave! Much think, such smart.

  3. #3
    Well, as a ranged player (mage), I cant really vouch for that. Those rogue bastards always get me, warriors reflect me, dk's grip me, paladins outsmart me, and the little druid kitty sneaked away with the flag. All..the..time..! Yes, that means I occasionally kill the enhancement shaman.

    But, to be fair, seems about 50/50 to me.

  4. #4
    Its really only obvious / effects 10-15 man bgs. If you have like 10 casters , 2 melee and 3 healers it becomes impossible for any melee to get near them , if you have like 10 melee 2 casters and 3 healers its the same story. But right now wizards over all are clearly better than melee, the best melee is probably warrior, were as almost all wizard specs are OP right now (Boomkin, shadow, fire, frost, destro and i guess i'd include BM hunters)

    edit: but its not worth complaining about at all, and im not. MOP is in 4 days, no one should complain about prepatches to expansions, its just annoying that everyone rerolls at this time, thats all
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    If you do not like guns, move to England. It is that simple.
    Simply pack up and leave! Much think, such smart.

  5. #5
    ranged has always been superior to melee.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  6. #6
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Well, as a ranged player (mage), I cant really vouch for that. Those rogue bastards always get me, warriors reflect me, dk's grip me, paladins outsmart me, and the little druid kitty sneaked away with the flag. All..the..time..! Yes, that means I occasionally kill the enhancement shaman.

    But, to be fair, seems about 50/50 to me.
    "dk's grip me" there is this lovely tool called blink or maybe frost nova...unless the dk is ams'ing right after that DG (or using dark sim), you should have no problems


  7. #7
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,299
    I personally like the fact range as somewhat an advantage. Not as extreme as it is now but I don't want to see everyone playing plate melee running around like its season 5. There will never be a good season when melee dominate ranged. Everything just becomes an RNG fight and based on the highest damage. People can complain about mages and warlocks all they want but at least they bring more to the table other than damage.

    Melee usually have a champion class that represents it. I'm probably going to predict its going to be Warriors in season 12 but who really knows.

  8. #8
    If you want your raid spot guaranteed, roll a* ranged class.
    If you want to be viable every pvp season, roll a* ranged class.
    If you ever want to get into an RBG group and you're melee, you better be able to use shieldwall, drop a smokebomb, or be able to deathgrip into smokebomb.

    *hunters excluded

  9. #9
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post

    TLR yeah, just wait till MOP i guess. Avoid bgs at all costs unless you have like 4 healers
    Unless you go to a tank spec. You'll go from some random skinny underfed child to Charles Atlas by just switching over. You'll be the bane of people who think they can roll you over in three globals. Trust me, Prot Warriors don't die with the addition of Shield Barrier.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Does everyone reroll because ranged classes suddenly are superior to melee?
    What do you mean "suddenly"? LOL.

  11. #11
    The way to find rerollers is usually to play something like a feral or a rogue. Catching a caster with his pants down, no firing squad of ranged to protect him and having little idea how to play the class is just hilarious. Seeing mages and hunters have no clue how to counter a feral is awesome to watch.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    If you want your raid spot guaranteed, roll a* ranged class.
    If you want to be viable every pvp season, roll a* ranged class.
    If you ever want to get into an RBG group and you're melee, you better be able to use shieldwall, drop a smokebomb, or be able to deathgrip into smokebomb.

    *hunters excluded
    if you mean roll a range for pvp is actual mage / lock then that part would be correct.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  13. #13
    It is weird seeing this, because I was debating whether to change my main of my Warrior to a range class for raiding, because for some reason in my guild, we have no good ranged dps for raiding in MoP. But it is hard for me because I love my Warrior!

  14. #14
    Must be because ranged classes requiers no skill in BGæs because all you have to worry about is dps'ing from range.

    As a melee you'll get attacked by everyone once you get inn the mmelee range of a ranged class or healer.

    Ranged classes usually never get attack and when they do, they have a pocket-healer!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Must be because ranged classes requiers no skill in BGæs because all you have to worry about is dps'ing from range.

    As a melee you'll get attacked by everyone once you get inn the mmelee range of a ranged class or healer.

    Ranged classes usually never get attack and when they do, they have a pocket-healer!
    Although I do agree with one point: melee life is tough! I disagree that melee are underpowered. We do have tons of tools to use while not in range. As a warrior I can be a nightmare to any ranged class: 2 charges (or big stun), heroic leap, 2 reflects, 2 silences, AOE stun or knockdown, AOE interrupt, shieldwall!!!!!!!, Fear... did I miss something? Oh yeah, disarm against hunters!

    So, we do have tons and tons of ways to defend ourselves while not in melee range. However, the 1 button classes (Frost DKS... Howling blast until the world ends) are making people dumb, cause they are lazy enough to not press that button to counter a spell or oponent movement. How many times I saw warriors rooted in place holding a 2 handed?

    YOU SHOULD NEVER BE USING A 2 HANDED WHILE NOT IN MELEE RANGE! Simple as that, neigther in battle or zerk stances.

    Rangeds can say: A well played melee is a NIGHTMARE.

  16. #16
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Norzuk View Post
    Although I do agree with one point: melee life is tough! I disagree that melee are underpowered. We do have tons of tools to use while not in range. As a warrior I can be a nightmare to any ranged class: 2 charges (or big stun), heroic leap, 2 reflects, 2 silences, AOE stun or knockdown, AOE interrupt, shieldwall!!!!!!!, Fear... did I miss something? Oh yeah, disarm against hunters!

    So, we do have tons and tons of ways to defend ourselves while not in melee range. However, the 1 button classes (Frost DKS... Howling blast until the world ends) are making people dumb, cause they are lazy enough to not press that button to counter a spell or oponent movement. How many times I saw warriors rooted in place holding a 2 handed?

    YOU SHOULD NEVER BE USING A 2 HANDED WHILE NOT IN MELEE RANGE! Simple as that, neigther in battle or zerk stances.

    Rangeds can say: A well played melee is a NIGHTMARE.
    I really do love Warriors who always think Frost is braindead. I'm not saying Frost takes high skill by any means. But it does require much more resource management over Warriors and just because Frost hits less buttons doesn't mean it requires any less skill. I really think DK's get a bad reputation similar to hunters just because many lesser skilled players play them.

    The fact that Warriors don't have to worry about their health bar (Passive heals are fun) and the fact that 70% of their abilities doesn't cost a resource makes them probably one of the most unskilled classes in this game.

    And your last part about the two handed doesn't make sense. Yeah sure if reflect is up, I'll use the macro. But switching to a shield every time you are rooted is stupid. The only thing a shield gives you is armor, which doesn't affect spells. I'm also pretty sure that using a two hander gives you more pvp resilience over sword/shield.

    A well played melee is a nightmare in small battles and 1v1s. But in a BG setting, no matter how good you play, you will be cannon fodder for your team.

  17. #17
    WoTLK S8 Castercleaves, World of Warcraft: Casterclysm a parody name given for a reason, I sincerely wish that MoP isn't that far in the favor of casters, but that isn't gonna happen, with locks having group port it literally makes them unbeatable for my class, so there goes another season of absolute frustration when facing any warlock team at any level... Not to mention the return of elemental shamans and the most retardproof castercleave since ever(LSD). Playing Melee? Tough luck.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I really do love Warriors who always think Frost is braindead. I'm not saying Frost takes high skill by any means. But it does require much more resource management over Warriors and just because Frost hits less buttons doesn't mean it requires any less skill. I really think DK's get a bad reputation similar to hunters just because many lesser skilled players play them.

    The fact that Warriors don't have to worry about their health bar (Passive heals are fun) and the fact that 70% of their abilities doesn't cost a resource makes them probably one of the most unskilled classes in this game.

    And your last part about the two handed doesn't make sense. Yeah sure if reflect is up, I'll use the macro. But switching to a shield every time you are rooted is stupid. The only thing a shield gives you is armor, which doesn't affect spells. I'm also pretty sure that using a two hander gives you more pvp resilience over sword/shield.

    A well played melee is a nightmare in small battles and 1v1s. But in a BG setting, no matter how good you play, you will be cannon fodder for your team.
    1 - Yeah, I do played both warriors and DKs, and Dks are for brainless people. Managin resourses you mean CD, thats all. And sorry if 90% of the Frost DKs out there just spam HB, I would be ashamed if my class was like that.

    2 - I do agree that warriors are kinda easier these days, I say: "No more stance dance? WTF!!!" However, that gave us a HUGE amount of keybinds, actually I have 37 usable keybinds on my warrior, while on my DK I just can't fill out 2 bars of 10.

    3 - "The fact that Warriors don't have to worry about their health bar (Passive heals are fun) and the fact that 70% of their abilities doesn't cost a resource makes them probably one of the most unskilled classes in this game." - ROFL, I don't need to take care of my health bar? Are you kidding me? What kind of warriors do you play with? This is the first thing to worrie about. Using some skills at the wrong time can be de diff of being alive or dead, and not everyone gets second wind. It is handy, but not amazing. 70%? We have now rage generators and rage spenders, if it does not generate, it consumes! Nowadays warriors need to manage rage even more than before, because before most of our rage came from dmg taken, now we actually have to HIT something to get some rage. Which made our life even more complicated.

    4 - Off course my friend, if you are on 1v1 against a mage, doesn't make much sense to stay with a shield. However it provides armor against hunters, pets and other melees beating your a$$. And sometimes, depending on your weapon, shield+1h gives you a lil bit more HP, because of the enchants.

    5 - "no matter how good you play, you will be cannon fodder for your team." If you act like one, you'll be one. Stay behind with your pocket healer as a bodyguard, and see how of a meat shield you are. That's how I got my wrecking ball achiev 2 years ago. For a melee, positioning and assist is everything. If you are a mindless berserking orc who jumps 5-6 alliances without any backup, You are gonna have a DEAD time.

  19. #19
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,299
    1. I don't understand where you're getting your facts about 90% of Frost DK's spam howling blast. You obviously didn't invest enough time in your DK to see what potential lies within the class. I dare say I was like you, someone who played a Warrior and made fun of how "brainless" DK's were until I actually played one seriously. A good DK will manage his runes better than a bad one. The skill for Frost actually went up in MoP now that every DK spec in pvp is forced to take Blood tap which is the only non RNG rune management talent in the 75 tree. Oh yeah Necrotic Strike now costs a Death Rune. So now Frost DK's have to able to provide burst and Necrotics at the same time to achieve a kill.

    Warriors on the other hand just have to burst and use Shockwave/gag order (pummel/heroic throw) to kill targets. There's no real management in that and most of that combination is resource free outside of Slam/Heroic Strike. Sure you have to use hamstring and piercing howl but lets be honest, if you're sitting in battle stance you're swimming in rage. Its not even as if it was similar to before when you had no rage = you did no damage. You can still use reflects, shockwave, mortal strike, colossus smash, overpower without rage. How does that take skill? Rogues have to use combat points and energy to use kidney shot where as shockwave is completely free for Warriors. That takes skill?

    2. I have a total of 25 binds on my Frost DK. I've already said that the amount of buttons =/ skill. They actually took keybinds away from Warriors. I have much more slots now on my Warrior than in Cataclysm or wotlk.

    3. What I meant by "not worrying about health bars" was the fact that Warriors have no control over their health bar. None. Unless of course you spec into enraged regeneration/impending victory. That doesn't take any measure of skill, at least DK's have to manage cooldowns such as Death Pact/Lichborne to survive. Did I forget to mention that Lichborne drains the DK's runic power which drains the offensive pressure the DK had?

    4. I forgot about hunters. I did the same thing against them in duels. The only problem with the shield swapping to two hander constantly would be GCD issues. I would usually switch to a shield when I knew I would be kited for a long time.

    5. This reminds me of when people in FPS games would tell me to camp when I was using an SMG. There's absolutely no point to playing a melee if you're constantly with your healer or in the back. Melee should be in the front, pushing up the enemy team to apply offensive pressure. If every melee in the game sat with their healer then who the hell is going to attack the healer? A ranged? Then how will you attack the ranged knowing that you will leave the healer? Doesn't even make sense. If you're going to play a melee, you have to play aggressively, your class is designed to play aggressively.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    551
    Take your frost vs warrior difficulty discussion somewhere else...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •