Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Well...you are 85 and have 85 gear. Classes are "balanced" for 90.....I hope!

My experience is only limited to Random BG's, but I believe we are in a much better spot for randoms.

Vanguards seems to think we will be a little down compared to Cata Arena, but even he says it's to early to tell.

As for the "pocket healer" comment, Ret for a long time has been the utility/wildcard in Arena.

Overall my experience with Ret in Random BG's is favorable. You will still get trained by an experienced opposition, but one on one with most classes can still have a favorable out come. But, I have been on both ends of the getting torn apart by a Ret Paladin.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

I gotta admit that I've got the same experience aswell, I find myself spamming WoG to outdo the damage I take, while hitting like a girl, it's a huge contrast to my mage, where I can pull off 100k+ damage within seconds.

I guess our biggest issue is the weapon damage atm, TV doing a % of your weapon damage is currently a disadvantage, weapon damage scales alot more in MoP, and might "fix" the small hits.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i got crit for 106k from a warlock chaos bolt yesterday
    A warlock friend of mine is occasionally hitting people for 130k+ damage without a legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atm damage outside of cooldowns is low. The only worthy thing we have is our healing which wont be the same at lvl 90. Ergo QQ

all pvp damage was flatout nerfed by 40% which will be reversed at 90, it was to avoid the same shit that happened at the end of tbc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    all pvp damage was flatout nerfed by 40% which will be reversed at 90, it was to avoid the same shit that happened at the end of tbc
    if you're talking about base 40% resil which i think you are, it wont be reversed at 90. Even if it did our damage would still be low compared to anything else and ourself heals would be useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    TV hits for 5k and only crits for 10k (RF gurth)
    Exo 4-5k 11k crit
    HoW 8k 15k crit

These numbers seem awfully low to me. Can barely make a dent in anyone.
    You have the strongest and easiest heals of all melee classes. Don't you think some stuff must be sacrificed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    You have the strongest and easiest heals of all melee classes. Don't you think some stuff must be sacrificed ?
    Warriors have the best mobility (Says GC) of all melee classes, and yet they have 130k execute crits on someone with full ruthless with Gurth, and 20k HS crits.

So this isn't an excuse.

Also, I feel if our TV damage was increase we'd be much better off. I don't like investing precious HP into something that hits like a wet noodle.
    Last edited by Rio; 2012-09-21 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our damage needs a small nudge, aside from that we're fine.

And by small nudge I mean very small, nothing major.

For PVP I've found the pallies strengths are more about staying power than straight out damage. If I play smart I can beat most players one on one. If I wade in expecting to drop em inside 5-10 seconds then it becomes much more likely I'll fail.

I'm actually finding pally VERY enjoyable at the moment. PVP seems fairly solid once you get into the "survive and conquer" mindset and tanking is like playing a rogue (put Holy Wrath and consec on a castsequence macro. Have cs/hammer, judge and throw shield on easy to reach buttons. Throw righteous shield in whenever you have 3+ HP but don't need the self heal and watch your bastion stack, blow WoG on a good heal once bastion reaches 5 stack if it's not a nasty spikey damage fight. The RS hit isn't on GCD so can just be used as a HP dump whenever you have enough). Having more fun on my pally at the moment than I've had with it in years.

The full pvp set for pally is some of the best looking armour in wow too which is just a nice plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

if a warlock and a mage and Spriest hitting over 100k @lvl 85 !! how much would they hit @ lvl 90 ????? for all who say that Ret paladin are fine in PVP with this Tv damage other Classes hitting 70 % more Dmg then You , Templar Verdict : A powerful weapon strike that consumes 3 charges of Holy Power <---- im sure this is a sarcasm and blizzard should change the definition of this Ability

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    if a warlock and a mage and Spriest hitting over 100k @lvl 85 !! how much would they hit @ lvl 90 ????? for all who say that Ret paladin are fine in PVP with this Tv damage other Classes hitting 70 % more Dmg then You , Templar Verdict : A powerful weapon strike that consumes 3 charges of Holy Power <---- im sure this is a sarcasm and blizzard should change the definition of this Ability
    I agree. I'm just twitching at the fact that I'm investing precious HP into something that hits as hard as Crusader Strike..

i just keep thinking that execution sentence will help in pvp. i really hope that helps do some solid burst considering it's name and giant "you should probably heal this guy" graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Warriors have the best mobility (Says GC) of all melee classes, and yet they have 130k execute crits on someone with full ruthless with Gurth, and 20k HS crits.
    Sure your right about warriors, It's just a matter of generating that much rage to use Execute when the enemy falls within that 20% range, which can be quite tough
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

cast Excecution sentence :
    Mage Armor : Absorbe , Absorbe , Absorbe , Absorbe <------ how wonderful when u see ur Exco dmg is absorbed more then ur sacred sheild what will happen when u cast ES
    Warrior : Reflect . Reflect . Reflect . Reflect . Reflect
    Hunter : Absorbe , Absorbe , Absorbe
    Warlock : ohhhh dont worry about this class he will Dot You x 3 more then you

wanted to edit something : ES last burst is about 47 to 50 k on dummy but on good geared class what will be the dmg ?? for sure its Low
    Last edited by Matrlx; 2012-09-23 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    cast Excecution sentence :
    Mage Armor : Absorbe , Absorbe , Absorbe , Absorbe <------ how wonderful when u see ur Exco dmg is absorbed more then ur sacred sheild what will happen when u cast ES
    Warrior : Reflect . Reflect . Reflect . Reflect . Reflect
    Hunter : Absorbe , Absorbe , Absorbe
    Warlock : ohhhh dont worry about this class he will Dot You x 3 more then you

wanted to edit something : ES last burst is about 47 to 50 k on dummy but on good geared class what will be the dmg ?? for sure its Low
    warlocks also have a shield. It only absorbs holy and shaodow damage. I dont know why they included holy damage in there its not like locks are having a hard time with rets. Fear a ret and you gain 70 yards distance :/