Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    You have a source on this? I was kind of hoping to hear that anyway. Because yeah that is the only way things could work ><
    GC twitter :

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...87077472739328

I don't care how bad of a person it makes me, I love ganking people. In return when I level an alt I will accept getting ganked. I never corpse camp because I don't hold with that, but a bit of a gank here and there never hurts

Deleted
    Holy crap, this is TOO nice.

I love WoW now, it feels like going back to vanilla. Im finally having fun with this game again! Im so happy, happy, happy, happy!

Tho theres some problems i think, i tried to make a new alt and the whole area had players. Unless they can make mobs spawn for your own or your group?

The sad part is, when pvpers have fun, Blizzard will ruin it. I honestly think Blizzard will somehow nerf the pvp of this crossrealm. How sad, cause pvp realm should offer pvp..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Which is exactly why I don't understand the huge attention to "I love CRZ" or "I hate CRZ".

Come Tuesday at 12:00 PST (or whatever region you reside in), it becomes obsolete and you won't even see it again for months.

In that time, everyone will be 90, done with reputations, and the pet battlers will have their PvE server alts ready to start doing pet battles (and, yes folks...that IS going to happen, so....you wanted it, you got it!).

Guess what world PvP you're going to have come September 25th onward? Have fun standing stationary looking at empty zones again. Enjoy your "fun"...it will be very short-lived.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

i check the engineering vendor in area 52 pretty regularly. i teleported there today to discover 2 of my friends and a former guildie from my old server having a picnic on top of the legacy pvp vendor's hut and ganking anyone who came into the area. i had no idea our two servers were connected here, but i was happy to see them since they had been my pvp buddies before i transfered servers for pve.

after a while a few people from darkspear showed up and chased us off, so we called in reinforcements from our own servers and chased them off. it went back and forth for a couple of hours, hunters knocking people off roofs, people killing each other with guards, i came out of it with over 500hks. it was all completely spontaneous. i had tons of fun and was social with my friends. i'm sure the people on the otherside had just as much fun as we did. it was people being active and engaging with each other in the world instead of just sitting in the sw/org queue lobbies.

CRZ is fucking awesome.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Why is it everyone is congregating at the dark portal, specifically? What could possibly draw so many 85s there?
    Easy access from capitals via portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Which is exactly why I don't understand the huge attention to "I love CRZ" or "I hate CRZ".

Come Tuesday at 12:00 PST (or whatever region you reside in), it becomes obsolete and you won't even see it again for months.

In that time, everyone will be 90, done with reputations, and the pet battlers will have their PvE server alts ready to start doing pet battles (and, yes folks...that IS going to happen, so....you wanted it, you got it!).

Guess what world PvP you're going to have come September 25th onward? Have fun standing stationary looking at empty zones again. Enjoy your "fun"...it will be very short-lived.
    Do you really think that people wont be storming the front of capital cities or meeting up in specfic zones (Halaa/Dark Portal/Stv for example) just to get the feeling of world pvp again? Surely the poorly geared and not very great pvp players will be able to finish their dailies and farm their materials in the MoP areas, but anywhere else (especially while leveling) there will be far more battling between factions than in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Do you really think that people wont be storming the front of capital cities or meeting up in specfic zones (Halaa/Dark Portal/Stv for example) just to get the feeling of world pvp again? Surely the poorly geared and not very great pvp players will be able to finish their dailies and farm their materials in the MoP areas, but anywhere else (especially while leveling) there will be far more battling between factions than in the past.
    Oh, yes. Ganking those four pandas in an area most people on PvP servers are smart enough never to use is going to be EPIC, isn't it.

Come on, man. Use your brain for more than a hole-filler. If people haven't done thigns like that for the past three years, what on Earth makes you think they're suddenly going to start doing it just because "OMG CUZ NEW EXPANSION SAYS WAR SO I'M GONNA RP IT NAO".

You give world PvPers WAY too much credit. I've been on a PvP server for nearly seven years. Trust me....they aren't nearly that smart. Like...not even leagues close.

there's like battles 24/7 around the dark portal on eu servers, sure it's gonna die down but even then I think it still has an allure to the people who want no holds barred pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    there's like battles 24/7 around the dark portal on eu servers, sure it's gonna die down but even then I think it still has an allure to the people who want no holds barred pvp.
    Doubt it will die down. You have to realise that it's like 10-15 realms wide. There will be plentyful people online 24/7.

I spent a few hours last night flying around kill any Alliance that wasn't from my server and under 80 or joining a large group of Horde destroying a much small group of Alliance. I'm so glad real World PvP is back

I hope this stays. I was at the dark portal yesterday and it was just non stop warfare. I logged off a few hours and came back, it was still swarming with people!

This is just mad, best feature ever implemented. I just hope Wpvp will be lively throughout the xpac.

Now, the game lives up to its name !

10+ Year Old Account
    Once I transfer back to a PvP server, I will fondle myself over this.

I hopped on the PvE server bandwagon at the start of Cata to be with friends. Always regretted it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    I spent a few hours last night flying around kill any Alliance that wasn't from my server and under 80 or joining a large group of Horde destroying a much small group of Alliance. I'm so glad real World PvP is back
    Translation : "I had fun at other people's expense who could not share in the same fun due to the numbers disadvantage. I think it is great that I am having fun now, and to the people who's expense was used to have my fun...TOO BAD JUST LEAVE LOLOLOLOL!"

I have to wonder sometimes if people realize...when people who don't like being a severe minority pushed around left and right leave...that's fewer people for you to "have fun" with. Which, in turn, make syou have less fun while those people are having more fun.

Maybe if people treated world PvP as something that should be fun for everyone and not just something that should be fun for them...more people would have been doing it for the past three years? Maybe? No, clearly that makes no sense whatsoever. My apologies for using rational logic on this topic. Please, carry on about your "fun"...while it lasts. In less than a week, you'll be back to everyone in World of Avoidthenoobbaddieworldpvperscraft all over again...and then your fun ends up where, exactly?

I will assume that it will die down in certain areas since everyone will be leveling, but the PVP will shift to MoP areas instead. I am sure they will open up MoP zones for CRZ shortly after launch as the population will settle in certain areas after everyone hits 90.

With only ground mounts, PVP will be more organic as there is no way to just fly away if you are getting camped or don't want to fight.

Translation : "I had fun at other people's expense who could not share in the same fun due to the numbers disadvantage. I think it is great that I am having fun now, and to the people who's expense was used to have my fun...TOO BAD JUST LEAVE LOLOLOLOL!"

I have to wonder sometimes if people realize...when people who don't like being a severe minority pushed around left and right leave...that's fewer people for you to "have fun" with. Which, in turn, make syou have less fun while those people are having more fun.

Maybe if people treated world PvP as something that should be fun for everyone and not just something that should be fun for them...more people would have been doing it for the past three years? Maybe? No, clearly that makes no sense whatsoever. My apologies for using rational logic on this topic. Please, carry on about your "fun"...while it lasts. In less than a week, you'll be back to everyone in World of Avoidthenoobbaddieworldpvperscraft all over again...and then your fun ends up where, exactly?
    Jesus man, you sound like you've been ganked since you came out of the womb.

Deleted
    I love the PvP that was in CRZ. We held Searing Gorge against the Horde last night. Tonight we fought back a Horde raid in Lakeshire and took the fight to Crossroads/Razor Hill. Some lowbies (un)fortunately got caught in the crossfire on both sides, but it was a fun 10-a-side max level in Lakeshire and Razor Hill. Feels like the world is alive with war!
    Last edited by mmoc32be687144; 2012-09-21 at 09:25 PM.

Halaa seems to be very populair as well. We had around 6 massive battles tonight, some lost and some won.

Khadgar and Lightbringer (only one im sure of) EU.
    http://i.imgur.com/ivnla.jpg

CRZ is the best pre-launch event ever.

Deleted
    Oh, yes. Ganking those four pandas in an area most people on PvP servers are smart enough never to use is going to be EPIC, isn't it.

Come on, man. Use your brain for more than a hole-filler. If people haven't done thigns like that for the past three years, what on Earth makes you think they're suddenly going to start doing it just because "OMG CUZ NEW EXPANSION SAYS WAR SO I'M GONNA RP IT NAO".

You give world PvPers WAY too much credit. I've been on a PvP server for nearly seven years. Trust me....they aren't nearly that smart. Like...not even leagues close.
    They wont be fighting because of a new expansion, but because they finally get an enemy to fight against. There are servers out there where there are plenty of people who love world pvp, but never really got the chance to world pvp since faction/server change was implemented, because there was a lack of enemies. Now there finally is the necesarry amount of players from both factions in the same zone, and they want to kill eachother and they are bloodthirsty after several years of no world pvp.
    Once the players who enjoy world pvp get back to their usual schedule with only a handful of days per week with actual progressive play (raiding/arena/Rbg) then they will spend the rest of the their time in mostly world pvp.... If there comes a consensus of a specific zone to play in (like Dark Portal/Molten Front).