Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I wrote a "small" rant about it here. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._partner_some/
    In essence, nothing has changed for a long time now. People love drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    actually....

<Blizzard mumbo jumbo>

source:
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...deopolicy.html
    edit: same goes for eu
    Is it just me, or does that say the exact same thing that this NCSoft thing is saying?

You can't use the product to make money UNLESS you're partnered with a program allowed to use the product to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    Is it just me, or does that say the exact same thing that this NCSoft thing is saying?

You can't use the product to make money UNLESS you're partnered with a program allowed to use the product to make money.
    Yup, exact same thing. People just like making mountains out of molehills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post

correct me if i'm wrong, but AFAIK any kind of allowed monetization on youtube is that "partner program", so if your yt account got unlocked for monetization you should be allowed to do it.

Deleted
    correct me if i'm wrong, but AFAIK any kind of allowed monetization on youtube is that "partner program", so if your yt account got unlocked for monetization you should be allowed to do it.
    Wrong, monetization program does not equal partnership. And as such is prone to having your videos pulled.
    See the reddit post I linked earlier.

They are two entirely different things with two entirely different set of rules. If you are merely allowed for monetization you are not a partner and do not have nearly as much of the same features.

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    Wrong, monetization program does not equal partnership. And as such is prone to having your videos pulled.
    See the reddit post I linked earlier.

They are two entirely different things with two entirely different set of rules. If you are merely allowed for monetization you are not a partner and do not have nearly as much of the same features.
    ah, thx.
    thats why my video was rejected ^^

edit:
    but how to get out of that vicious circle? you have to be partnered to be allowed to monetize the content, but you need to monetize a video to be allowed to get partnered q.q
    Last edited by Flaim; 2012-09-20 at 07:25 PM.

After all the shit arenanet has pulled after launch, which pretty much killed the game, and now this... it's like they want it to be broken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    After all the shit arenanet has pulled after launch, which pretty much killed the game, and now this... it's like they want it to be broken down.
    Like fixing bugs in the game and using the same ToS as everyone. Those fucking assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    Like fixing bugs in the game and using the same ToS as everyone. Those fucking assholes.
    lol

Those bastards!

lol
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayier View Post
    Okay I was wrong about Blizzard's stance. It still doesn't change the fact that essentially (I'll make my comment slightly less wide reaching this time) every other major publisher doesn't allow Joe Everyman to monetize their IP. This isn't stopping ANYONE from posting videos, unless people are really that hung up on not making 3 cents per video. And if people are really that centered about the money they probably shouldn't be posting content to youtube anyways because it really shouldn't be all about the money.
    Actually, most major publishers don't really care in that regard. Activision/Blizzard, Riot Games, Bethesda, Bioware, Electronic Arts, Sega, Valve....the list goes on and on, but those companies and a ton more will let you monetize videos.

Deleted
    This whole issue could be avoided if people would just play the games instead of wasting their incredibly limited free time in their incredibly short lives watching others play videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Actually, most major publishers don't really care in that regard. Activision/Blizzard, Riot Games, Bethesda, Bioware, Electronic Arts, Sega, Valve....the list goes on and on, but those companies and a ton more will let you monetize videos.
    Actually, legally all their stances are more or less the same (can't make money off our IP), it just comes down to enforcement of that stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    edit:
    but how to get out of that vicious circle? you have to be partnered to be allowed to monetize the content, but you need to monetize a video to be allowed to get partnered q.q
    Monetization is mostly not a big worry at this stage. The issue is getting the views, the money comes after.
    I started off small of course, I am still relatively small but big enough to put a lot of time into this, and my main issue was getting views and still is just that.. getting views. The little monetization smaller channels get are mostly insignificant.

I started off doing this on and off as a hobby for about two years - None of those videos are now on my channel as I consider them too low in regards to video standards I have - and during that got about 1K subscribers. Once I realized I had a shot at an actual partnership I worked my butt off - and still do if I say so myself - for a good 3-4 months before I got partnered with TGS (at about 5K subscribers) focusing on video quality, not quantity, and promoting them in a reasonable fashion. Application for a partnership was rather easy once the views were at the required minimum.

Of course this is all anecdotal and differs from person to person so take this with a grain of sand. As it stands, you need to be a partner for most games if you want to make videos about them and make money on them. (I say most purposely here, certain titles like Minecraft allow for full monetization. Which is why there are so many smaller channels that focus on this)

If you're a really small YouTuber I would really not fuss too much about monetization yet. Have fun with it, make stellar content and with a fair bit of luck and a lot of hard work you can get there.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffyMissWiffy View Post
    I have a video posted but it is talking about the game and does not have any clips. I was thinking of doing a video showing screenplay but I guess that is out of the question if I want it monetized, not like it would make a very big difference unless I just happened to get a huge hit of views. Which is unlikely :P
    Lets go over this again, you can monetize videos. If they make it past the automated process, then you're good. If its declined, you can still post the video, just unmonetized. What they are basically getting after is that they aren't going to sit around all day writing consent letters for every person that wants something monetized. They said they are not policing youtube and flagging videos as copyright infringement, the monetization process is between you and youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    If you're a really small YouTuber I would really not fuss too much about monetization yet. Have fun with it, make stellar content and with a fair bit of luck and a lot of hard work you can get there.
    in fact i am an awfully small youtuber (less than 20 subs, but already eligible for monetization and unlocked thumbnail upload ) but i have a really awesome video in plan to start (with a nice plot and a bit of basic machinima), i just hoped to be able to monetize it as i think it's going to be a great success.
    or am i allowed to monetize it even though i'm not partnered (yet eligable for monetization) ?