Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    [Megathread] Resident Evil 6

    Totally Mod-jacking this thread. Keep all discussion pertaining to RE6 to this thread please. Thanks! -sj


    What do you guys think of the resident evil 6 demo. MAybe its me or something but the whole game seemed really dark. I had the brightness all the way up and it was still hard to see stuff. Aside from that it looks good. Seems to play better than 5. I dont like that its still built around co op because it kind of takes the fear factor away. The new dodging is cool and I like that u can really run in a circle now. I was playing on the ps3 btw on a great tv with best conections and it still doesnt seem to look that sharp/ I blame the darkness
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-09-29 at 01:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Elemental Lord Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,001
    Demo? What demo?! Waiting 3 weeks until I can pick my copy up from target. For my PS3...

    From what I saw from the gameplay videos I saw it looked fine, the darkness helped set up the scary feeling for me.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Demo? What demo?! Waiting 3 weeks until I can pick my copy up from target. For my PS3...

    From what I saw from the gameplay videos I saw it looked fine, the darkness helped set up the scary feeling for me.
    demo is on psn.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Finangus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ...in the mountains.
    Posts
    581
    Can't play it as I don't have a PS3, but from videos I've seen of it on Youtube, it looks like garbage to me. Over use and poor execution of scripted events? Check! Attempts to create a suspenseful mood by making the game overly dark and forcing the player to walk slowly in certain sections? Check! Forces co-op into a genre that should never have it? Check!

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Shuya82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    767
    The Demo is available on PS3 and Xbox 360 for everyone.

    I played it and I think it's absolutely horrible for a multitude of reasons. Main character takes up so much of the screen that you can barely see, and when a chaotic battle ensues it is easy to get very confused. The worst thing by far is that game is 100% "on-the-rails" you go from room to room and you never explore, not even a little. Items are conveniently displayed in each room so you just walk up and grab them.

    They tried to make Leon's campaign reminiscent of old RE titles, but they dropped the ball horribly, with the exception of pretty visuals it literally brings nothing to the table nostalgic of older titles. The aiming is so bad that even if your laser sight is on target you will often miss, although being on target is very difficult thanks to the drunken feel on the sight in the first place.

    Chris' campaign is so over the top action oriented it's sickening, and it plays just as poorly as Leon's campaign. While they did get rid of "gorilla" Chris, they still made him so macho that I was surprised by the lack of "bro fists" and chest bumps with his fellow BA's.

    Then there's melee... I realized this was a problem when I encountered 5 zombies in a small room, I spammed RT and killed the entire group karate kid style, wasn't out of stamina and had sustained zero damage while always within biting range. What is really tragic about this is that it's more effective to melee than to use your gun!

    Then on to annoying things that aren't game breaking, but when added on to the things that are game breaking, you are in store for a hair pulling experience.
    1) Tripping over dead bodies, every time, it doesn't matter if you tripped over it once you will trip again, and again.
    2) Graphics are so buggy that during intense moments some zombies would simply half disappear and legs would walk at you.
    3) Terrible item management screens, while I realize this could be an opinion, I found them to be clumsy, unintuitive, messy, and not properly explained.

    Capcom has made a lot of changes for the better or worse, while I feel RE5 was a terrible RE game I also acknowledge that it was a very good action game. RE6 delivers in no way, unless you are looking for a game that is broken in nearly every single way, please don't give them your money, they need to turn this franchise around and stop releasing terrible products just because the name sells. It may seem like I am exaggerating but I promise I am not, I know for a fact that there is a dozen points I didn't touch on for sake of length and simply not being able to remember the tremendous amount of problems with this game.

  6. #6
    well its still a demo, i liked it. my little brother and i are gonna have a lot of fun playing. you also have to realize its a demo version of the game, so problems are gonna be there, menus may be different than the release version. i remember seeing the RE4 demo interface and i didnt like it. then in the release version it was a lot different and turned out to be baller.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Shuya82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    well its still a demo, i liked it. my little brother and i are gonna have a lot of fun playing. you also have to realize its a demo version of the game, so problems are gonna be there, menus may be different than the release version. i remember seeing the RE4 demo interface and i didnt like it. then in the release version it was a lot different and turned out to be baller.
    If this Demo is significantly different than the final release I wish they would have said something more specific than the cookie-cutter "not necessarily representative of finished product" disclaimer they put on every demo, releasing a demo 2 weeks prior to launch leads me to believe it would be near final quality.

  8. #8
    Elemental Lord Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,001
    Quote Originally Posted by astroglide View Post
    demo is on psn.
    :O I'll have to check it out this weekend if I find time.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    The Demo is available on PS3 and Xbox 360 for everyone.

    I played it and I think it's absolutely horrible for a multitude of reasons. Main character takes up so much of the screen that you can barely see, and when a chaotic battle ensues it is easy to get very confused. The worst thing by far is that game is 100% "on-the-rails" you go from room to room and you never explore, not even a little. Items are conveniently displayed in each room so you just walk up and grab them.

    They tried to make Leon's campaign reminiscent of old RE titles, but they dropped the ball horribly, with the exception of pretty visuals it literally brings nothing to the table nostalgic of older titles. The aiming is so bad that even if your laser sight is on target you will often miss, although being on target is very difficult thanks to the drunken feel on the sight in the first place.

    Chris' campaign is so over the top action oriented it's sickening, and it plays just as poorly as Leon's campaign. While they did get rid of "gorilla" Chris, they still made him so macho that I was surprised by the lack of "bro fists" and chest bumps with his fellow BA's.

    Then there's melee... I realized this was a problem when I encountered 5 zombies in a small room, I spammed RT and killed the entire group karate kid style, wasn't out of stamina and had sustained zero damage while always within biting range. What is really tragic about this is that it's more effective to melee than to use your gun!

    Then on to annoying things that aren't game breaking, but when added on to the things that are game breaking, you are in store for a hair pulling experience.
    1) Tripping over dead bodies, every time, it doesn't matter if you tripped over it once you will trip again, and again.
    2) Graphics are so buggy that during intense moments some zombies would simply half disappear and legs would walk at you.
    3) Terrible item management screens, while I realize this could be an opinion, I found them to be clumsy, unintuitive, messy, and not properly explained.

    Capcom has made a lot of changes for the better or worse, while I feel RE5 was a terrible RE game I also acknowledge that it was a very good action game. RE6 delivers in no way, unless you are looking for a game that is broken in nearly every single way, please don't give them your money, they need to turn this franchise around and stop releasing terrible products just because the name sells. It may seem like I am exaggerating but I promise I am not, I know for a fact that there is a dozen points I didn't touch on for sake of length and simply not being able to remember the tremendous amount of problems with this game.
    I agree that melee was a little to good but its better then it being terrible like in re5. 1)Tripping over bodies was annoying 2)never had the graphical glitch so couldn't comment on that 3)I found the item management screen to be quite easy to use. Overall the demo was enjoyable, though they could fix a couple of things like zooming the camera out a little bit more and making your guy a little bit more accurate.

  10. #10
    Elemental Lord Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,001
    Ahhhhhh. God bless you guys for telling me this.

    I saw some demo videos today while waiting for class to start when I was in the library so I just downloaded game and playing a little now. Updates latah.

    Edit: OMG I started Leon's campaign and it's nothing like the fucking video lol, I'm fucking TERRIFIED.

    And the darkness is crazy, had to adjust brightness to like 85% setting.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2012-09-28 at 12:32 AM.

  11. #11
    Resident of Duty: Modern Evil.

    What really, really, irked me aside from Chris' campaign was how you're not able to shoot corpses to have them react, but when you walk over BAM OMG R U SCARED YET? No, I'm not scared because I knew the whole reason my bullets 'slide' through the zombie is so it can try and jump "scare" me when I walk past. Come on, even Dead Rising had this in 2005.
    Last edited by CHALET; 2012-09-28 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Sandbox MMOs are like having sex with a pornstar: Everyone wants it, but when you're getting it, it's suddenly not so awesome anymore.

  12. #12
    After playing each one, I have to say they each reminded me of older games. The Leon missions feel like the first two resident evils, where you are outnumber and running is better than shooting. And the hallway boss fight omg that made me jump a little.

    Chris felt like call of duty system system, I let my crew do most of the work. The fight with the giant BOW(I called him the Giant Herpaderp) was pretty predictable but the one thing I like was when my partner got picked up by the damn thing I had little time to react and thought to throw a Flash bombs, boy was that the smart move, it freed the partner saving me from playing over. The hell is up with the snipers in that level along with the wing shield baddies, I am not used to smart gun wielding zombies.

    The Villain's kids mission was more extraction, kinda felt like Resident Evil 3, I chose to be Sherry, and she was armed to the teeth, I wish I thought to look at Leon's weapons, but the sniper weapon was next to useless unless I could have a spotter to keep those warthogs off me . I shrieked with joy when I got the shotgun( favorite weapon in the series) and I was really disappointed that it wasn't as effective, no more long-medium range shots, the enemies are smarter now and will duck and weave, but was useful for the warthog BOW. I was so glad they ended it when they did with the Soul Edge BOW appearing with chainsaw sword. I hated the ax-men and the chainsaw-men and this brings fear, I love it.

  13. #13
    Untill RE goes back to pre RE4 format this series will keep going downhill.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Untill RE goes back to pre RE4 format this series will keep going downhill.
    100% this.

  15. #15
    Elemental Lord Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,001
    Alright so I finished playing a bit and I agree that Leon's body was in my way when I was trying to look around.

    The ammo was bad, I ran out of ammo. Melee is strong but even so it gets sloppy. I was in some hallway with like 80 zombies and I decided to melee them all and it worked but I technically died like twice. It was weird. It's true that gunshots aren't strong enough. Takes like 5 shots to kill a zombie. 1-2 should suffice, considering you can step on their heads and one shot them.

    No reaction to nonmoving bodies upon shots sucked too because it was annoying to trip on them. A fun feature but I need a little security to know that the thing is truly dead. (Although I guess if it was truly dead it would evaporate.)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Untill RE goes back to pre RE4 format this series will keep going downhill.
    Can only QFT.

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans ElAmigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orange Park, Fl
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Untill RE goes back to pre RE4 format this series will keep going downhill.
    While RE4 is the only RE game I've ever played all the way through (played very little of 1 for the gamecube) I will go ahead and say it's one of the most solid games I've ever played.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Fitzgerald77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    749
    Well today I finally broke down and decided to watch some demo game play of RE6 and I must say that I'm sort of disappointed. I am a gigantic fan of the series and I have played every main resident evil game (except 0) But by the looks of it RE6 looks almost IDENTICAL to RE5. Don't get me wrong, RE5 was fun but it was no where near as good as 4 (which is my favorite one out of the entire series)

    I remember reading a few years back that RE6 may take up to 8 years to make and that the producer wanted to bring the game back to it's roots and what not. So I have to ask WHAT THE FUCK? I mean really? Why are we once again being force to play co-op on single player? Does this piss anyone else off? Being almost forced to play with someone else instead of with the AI was just pure bullshit! And of course, having a partner with your character 24/7 completely ruins the survival horror atmosphere and makes it feel like your playing just another shoot em up action game. Another thing that really gets to me is the lack of blood and gore. Why can't we have the violent deaths that we had in RE4 instead of this falling down to the ground like a rag doll and just dying? I sure I speak for a lot of people here when I say that I want to see some blood and gore! This is resident evil we are talking about! I really really hope this new installment proves me wrong, I really do! But I have a strong feeling that It will be a game like RE5 where the feeling of being afraid of what's around every corner and being all alone with hundreds of monsters around me that want to eat my face off will be a thing of the past

    At least Dead Space 3 will be here in February =)
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

  19. #19
    LOVED IT!

    The Leon campaign reminded me of the old REs with modern design elements. LOVED IT!!!

    The BAM fight in the Chris campaign was executed pretty well. Had a lot of fun on this one. Probably won't play much in the retail version though.

    The last campaign reminded me of 4 and 5. Seems like it will be very fun for co-op.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    While RE4 is the only RE game I've ever played all the way through (played very little of 1 for the gamecube) I will go ahead and say it's one of the most solid games I've ever played.
    Its a good game but its not a resident evil game. You cant really comment on the others untill you actually play them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •