Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Finland without a doubt. Mostly free (some courses might cost but majority is still free) university education for foreigners even from outside the Schengen area, so it doesn't really matter if the living costs are higher than for example eastern Europe.
    Finland might be a pretty good choice, but it's insanely expensive to live in Helsinki compared to the other cities where the rent might be 2-3 times cheaper. The problem with those other cities are that they are very small and quite depressing imo, but it's up to you. I'd rather pick for example Netherlands than Finland to study in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    Finland might be a pretty good choice, but it's insanely expensive to live in Helsinki compared to the other cities where the rent might be 2-3 times cheaper. The problem with those other cities are that they are very small and quite depressing imo, but it's up to you. I'd rather pick for example Netherlands than Finland to study in.
    Well there are plenty of universities outside Helsinki, and even if you'd be studying in Helsinki you could live just outside the capital city (Kerava for example) and knock off a few hundred euros off the rent compared to Helsinki. Besides, assuming we're talking Amsterdam specifically since you're comparing Netherlands to Hki, the renting costs are even more expensive and the housing system works quite differently there. You basically have to pay off an apartment dealer to even get a flat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volumes View Post
    Come to Australia mate! Beautiful babes, beaches and bays
    Sure! Do please mention the bazillion spiders and snakes and bushes and...everything that can kill you in under 60 min.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    ps.: I can survive and do shit all day long with 1000€ per month, rent and food included.
    Do you know off hand whether the Netherlands charges higher tuition to foreigners? Some countries charge double or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    If you want cheap Sweden and Norway are totally out of the question.
    Depends. While Norway has a very high cost of living, there are no tuition fees, even for foreigners. There is a registration fee of less than $ 100. If you compare to a high-tuition alternative, it might still be an competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    Do you know off hand whether the Netherlands charges higher tuition to foreigners? Some countries charge double or more.
    EU students pay around 1700€ per year. Non EU, but still european students pay 4600€, outside Europe its hard to say because its different from country to country. I think our chinese friends pay almost 10k per year. We have many students from Canada so I guess it should be around 5k € per year.

Go check the univerity websites. usually they have pricelists available online.

To clarifly: EU students pay the same as local dutch students.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-09-21 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omidmash View Post
    I was planning on max 50 grand a year. I prefer stuff to be cheap so I spend less.
    50.000 a year?
    Our college tuitions is 800-1200 a year lol.
    If you are willing to spend that much, might as well go study in the US, different culture helps growth.

Edit: Dont go to Australia, its a trap!

Deleted
    I cant believe nobody has mentioned the UK yet! We have great uni's, amazing night life/clubs (subject to where u study ofc), great pubs ext. Really social and fun country. I'm not sure where on the price scale England would be compaired to sweden ext but it cant be that much more expensive. Just dont go to london lol, you would be broke within 1 month. XD