Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    d3 on release was incomplete. if it was released with everything in the paragon patch i might have kept playing the game. i sold all my gear before they announced what was on the patch, and so now i wont touch the game until they have an expansion.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggity View Post
    d3 on release was incomplete. if it was released with everything in the paragon patch i might have kept playing the game. i sold all my gear before they announced what was on the patch, and so now i wont touch the game until they have an expansion.
    So basically you fucked yourself because you didnt think they would do patches to increase the games lifespan.

  3. #23
    The game hardly has people playing before the launch of MoP. So I don't think MoP will make that big of a difference anyway.

  4. #24
    Have they added the oh so often promised PvP yet? I guess not, I'd have heard of that eventually...

    Nothing could get me back to play D3 other than PvP or some NEW content. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining about D3 in general, I had my fair share of it (200/300+ hours played, can't remember correctly atm) but nowadays it's just... idk...

  5. #25
    It should be fine for a long while. Supply will drop as fewer people are finding items to sell, but at the same time demand will drop as well because there are fewer people buying those items.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome reemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    People still play D3?! No but srsly, I'd be very curious to know what the numbers look like. These days I can't play D3 for more then 5min before boredom inevitably sets in.
    Yes people still play D3.

    I'm playing everyday with random players, we don't need 12 millions of player to find a 5mans group.

    For the AH...

    there's still more seller/buyer in Diablo3 than in a WoW server. In addition, in D3 we can trade/re-use every items forever...

  7. #27
    Stopped playing WoW when D3 hits the shore and still playing D3, no return to WoW planned.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Have they added the oh so often promised PvP yet? I guess not, I'd have heard of that eventually...

    Nothing could get me back to play D3 other than PvP or some NEW content. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining about D3 in general, I had my fair share of it (200/300+ hours played, can't remember correctly atm) but nowadays it's just... idk...
    It's not an MMO.

  9. #29
    Isn't Diablo 3 a single player game?

    What does an mmo have to do with it?

    It's like saying, will Borderlands 2 have enough players with MoP coming out to keep it relevant?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    It's not an MMO.
    I wish someone would tell the developers that.

  11. #31
    I've been playing D3 since release, and I'm still not bored of it. New patch looks exciting, just making the game even better


    Quote Originally Posted by pyrotemplar View Post
    i would not recommend that, once you hit 60, the game gets extremely boring and repetitive without any satisfaction.
    So... why exactly did you buy the game? Did you not know Diablo was about grinding items ? That was the one and only objective of all Diablo games...

    Don't try to convince someoneto not play Diablo because you don't like the genre, come on.

  12. #32
    I'm considering gearing my guy up further
    After losing 200 million gold to an arbitrary and unnecessary change they made in 1.04 I would advise anyone willing to listen to not spend very much on gear. Blizzard is intentionally screwing with gear value every patch to "stir" the economy and keep it fresh so that their RMAH profits don't drop. The downside, of course, is that anyone dumb enough to spend a lot on gear gets bent over and reamed when the patch hits. Screw Activision/Vivendi and their plan to literally screw us over for profits IMO.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

  13. #33
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,301
    Diablo 3 would be fantastic if it had no AH/RMAH and you could actually farm your own stuff, even without pvp. Farming items to sell for gold to buy actually useful stuff got old real fast for me. I only use one item I actually got myself, everything else from the game breaking AH.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Diablo 3 would be fantastic if it had no AH/RMAH and you could actually farm your own stuff, even without pvp. Farming items to sell for gold to buy actually useful stuff got old real fast for me. I only use one item I actually got myself, everything else from the game breaking AH.
    Indeed. Tl2 and PoE do not suffer from that particular saddle and are excellent games in the REAL TRADITION of Diablo 2.

  15. #35
    What do you mean by "relevant"? I'm still playing and having fun, but I know I'm in a minority.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

  16. #36
    I'm sure people will play WoW more now, but there are still plenty of "people" playing D3 that it will still be "relevant".

  17. #37
    the gold price is dropping pretty fast now.

  18. #38
    Scarab Lord Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Diablo 3 would be fantastic if it had no AH/RMAH and you could actually farm your own stuff, even without pvp. Farming items to sell for gold to buy actually useful stuff got old real fast for me. I only use one item I actually got myself, everything else from the game breaking AH.
    Couldn't agree with you more, mate.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    It's not an MMO.
    So it doesn't deserve semi-regular patches and new content?

    Diablo II wasn't an MMO and it did have patches and new content. So your argument is invalid.
    It's true though that Blizzard isn't required to release anything, but most people expect it from them. Especially the PvP that was cut from release.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    So it doesn't deserve semi-regular patches and new content?
    These two words have nothing to do with each other in this context. Patches fix problems. Most games will have these. They are expected.

    Content is new gaming play. In the case of Diablo, that would mean new Acts. Even PvP is not "content". It's addition is a "patch". It fixes the problem of its failed inclusion at launch.

    Does D3 deserve patching? Yes. Does it deserve new content? No it doesn't. That's the whole point. This is exactly the kind of thing that comes from the mouth of a young, dedicated WoW player. You guys have no real experience with any other game and so you assume all games are like WoW.

    No new content was added to Pac Man, or Monopoly or Warcraft or Diablo, or Halo or Skyrim. Your limited experience shows when you assume all games are like the one game you've played.

    Beyond that, what kind of a retarded business model are you running if you add new content to a non-subscription game or don't charge for an expansion?

    Diablo II wasn't an MMO and it did have patches and new content. So your argument is invalid.
    Uh... Just what Diablo II are you talking about? D2 had rare patches and no new content. If you’re thinking about LoD, then you’re basically calling for D3’s expansion – which is a given, so feel free to shut up about it already.

    It's true though that Blizzard isn't required to release anything, but most people expect it from them. Especially the PvP that was cut from release.
    Only the kids who have no history in gaming expect Blizzard to run Diablo the way they run WoW. This is not, by any stretch, “most people”.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-26 at 03:53 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •