Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will D3 still have enough players with MoP coming out to keep it relevant?

Hey I'm fairly new to posting here but I just wanted to get some opinions from people that post here as opposed to trade chat >.<. I'm just curious if you guys think enough people will still play D3 after MoP to keep the Gold and RMAH running. I'm considering gearing my guy up further but if I can no longer sell things either on the GAH or RMAH then I will probably just cash out. Anyways thanks.

Personally, I'll have tons of time for D3 and MoP. With the gated content, there's not a lot you need to do each week to get leveled, then geared, then first raid, then second raid, etc. They are allowing lots of time for entire guilds to catch up to each other and enjoy the other aspects of the game (and other games entirely).
    In an ideal situation, I'd finish a raid night and then break down into 4-man teams and switch to Diablo 3 to farm some Uber Events and RMAH $s.

15+ Year Old Account
    People still play D3?! No but srsly, I'd be very curious to know what the numbers look like. These days I can't play D3 for more then 5min before boredom inevitably sets in.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    People still play D3?! No but srsly, I'd be very curious to know what the numbers look like. These days I can't play D3 for more then 5min before boredom inevitably sets in.
    As would I. Sadly I doubt we'll ever get to know. We will however see what expansion sales look like. Somehow I doubt they'll be as good or even very good.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    As would I. Sadly I doubt we'll ever get to know. We will however see what expansion sales look like. Somehow I doubt they'll be as good or even very good.
    You might want to check out how it's changed since release. 1.04 and 1.05 patches bring new legendaries, new procs, buffed/altered skills, scaling monster power and subsequent loot/exp, paragon levels, uber events, and a revamped AH interface.

I stopped a while ago myself, long before the Paragon levels kicked in, which I guess would have been nice because I would have had quite a few. TBH, though, I think a lot of players that play WoW probably already stopped playing the game because they never really planned on playing it long-term to begin with...it was a free game for over a million players, don't forget. I do still think there will be enough players, though, a lot of people did/do enjoy it. TBH, I liked the game, but I just lost interest in it after farming the same old shit over and over, even though I was making a bit of money playing a game, it was starting to feel too much like a second job.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondf View Post
    You might want to check out how it's changed since release. 1.04 and 1.05 patches bring new legendaries, new procs, buffed/altered skills, scaling monster power and subsequent loot/exp, paragon levels, uber events, and a revamped AH interface.
    its still boring. I'm Paragon lv 30 and I cant stand playing more than an hour a day. It just gets so mind numbingly repetitive. I mostly just log on these days to make cash off the RMAH and build my gold up. It's more fun than actually playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondf View Post
    None of which is really new. To get the new paragon levels, you repeat everything you've already done. Same for farming the new legendary items.

Would be interesting to see a poll of who actually plays D3, WoW and both. I'd tick the D3 only box, only played WoW for a bit during BC and I did not enjoy the game. D3 I've sunk 500ish hours into.

My personal thoughts, I still D3 will be relevant with each new patch. I just kinda of like making a little money on the RMAH here and there cuz its fun. Not much but u know what i mean. I just wonder if u guys think stuff will still sell on the auction houses. Thanks for the opinions.

No but srsly, I'd be very curious to know what the numbers look like. These days I can't play D3 for more then 5min before boredom inevitably sets in.
    Why? if you don't enjoy playing the game, what difference could it possibly make weather 10 or 100000000 others still did?
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Meh torchlight 2 is out tomorow so i be playing that over d3 for now with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    you repeat everything you've already done. Same for farming the new legendary items.
    Just like every other diablo game
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    of course it will be. the common assumption is that EVERYONE who plays D3 automatically HAS to play WoW. that couldnt be further from the truth. most people i have met have never played WoW (or at least claim that)

diablo 3 may not be perfect but its really not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. at least blizzard realizes that people have negative opinions about it and are doing things to fix it. will it bring everyone back who left? probably not but its not like the game will die.

These days I can't play D3 for more then 5min before boredom inevitably sets in.
    Same here, sadly Player number will obviously go down with the MoP launch, but they'll probably go up right before the next MoP raid patch, and every time there isn't much to do in WoW.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

15+ Year Old Account
    Same here, i didnt even log in for a month or so > login and im bored instant.

I have a friend that plays it for 15 hours a day since the launch ... im always like WTH when i login to SC or WoW cuz hes online all the time all day.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

since i got a legendary ilvl 52 shield in act 3 with 250%MF from a molten jailer frozen plague elite i have no intention to play anymore
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I was actually really excited for MOP but then a few days ago I started watching D3 streams so I downloaded the free version. Now i'm probably going to use the money I had for MOP and buy D3 and take a break from WOW.

Deleted
    What exactly makes a game, where you can play with three friends, relevant? Having ten million people playing it?

You don't need ten million people to find a multiplayer group in D3, if that's what you want to do, with random people. You don't even need one million people to do that. Hell, even a hundred thousand active players might well be enough.

I guess some people just think of D3 the same way they do of an MMO; that you're supposed to be playing it every day several hours a day. That's just not how it works. Diablo is more like an instance in WoW; you just run it every now and then. The rest of the time you do other shit.

Quote Originally Posted by expectwar View Post
    I was actually really excited for MOP but then a few days ago I started watching D3 streams so I downloaded the free version. Now i'm probably going to use the money I had for MOP and buy D3 and take a break from WOW.
    i would not recommend that, once you hit 60, the game gets extremely boring and repetitive without any satisfaction.