Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    GTFO China or we won't buy anything from you anymore.

If only it was that simple

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think china would attack, an attack on japan would bring the US into the war if im not mistaken

may be wrong this is post number 666 for me
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    i dont think china would attack, an attack on japan would bring the US into the war if im not mistaken

may be wrong this is post number 666 for me
    An attack on Japan would obligate the US military to get involved, yes.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    People get offended by the slightest sh*t ever.. Seriously, it's just some islands, relax in there instead of fighting...

I hate having posts removed..... China is greedy like usa nuff said... Ohh you got oil on that island? ITS ours and always has been!!! THIS IS WAR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    People get offended by the slightest sh*t ever.. Seriously, it's just some islands, relax in there instead of fighting...
    Well, it is not the islands which are important, it is what underneath them which is.

Deleted
    I don't care what the Chinese say, the Japanese own it in my eyes.

But the strangest thing to me is the riots over it. What are those people thinking?

They're Japans. The history is so clearly on Japan's side it isn't funny.

This is the equivalent of Britain demanding back Normandy and the Aquitaine from France, but even flimsier. Far flimsier. I'm not sure there is an analog other than some people claiming a plot of land because they want it.

I wouldn't worry about China. They got a loud bark, but no bite.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wdmshmo View Post
    Japanese Self Defense Forces:
    Active: ~248k
    Reserve: ~58k

US Forces in Japan:
    Army: 2,541
    Navy: 3,740
    Air Force: 12,398
    Marines: 17,009

That's a lot of troops already there. Sure, the Chinese Military might be 3 million people strong, and have another ~700 million people fit for service, but do they have the same military technologies we have? Worst case scenario, could they even stop half of the nukes that we could deploy?
    The vast majority of China's military is for territorial defense... that is, defending the party from the populace.

They have zero expeditionary capability. Zero. Japan has more expeditionary capability than China does.

The only people who think the size of militaries matter are the same people who think fighting wars is a matter of size. It's a matter of strategy and logistics.

Let me ask a very practical military question: what's the largest military supply chain China has run in the last 30 years? Answer: It is measured in the tens to low hundreds of miles, and was disaster relief through friendly territory.

Run for the hills. I doubt this will turn into an armed conflict.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Run for the hills. I doubt this will turn into an armed conflict.
    I hope it will. Let there be a war

The great questions of the time will not be resolved by speeches and majority decisions, but by iron and blood.
    Last edited by ashblond; 2012-09-20 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    I hope it will. Let there be a war

The great questions of the time will not be resolved by speeches and majority decisions, but by iron and blood.
    I can guarantee that we're not going to like the answers. I'll stick with the questions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    I support Japan regardless .
    Me, too. Hell, if I were to decide, I'd give them Kurils, Sakhalin and let them make a colony or something in Kamchatka.

Coming from a Russian living on Kamchatka Peninsula.
    Last edited by Haven; 2012-09-21 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't care what the Chinese say, the Japanese own it in my eyes.

But the strangest thing to me is the riots over it. What are those people thinking?
    Apparently they think that destroying "Japanese" stuff will reduce the number the tax revenue of the Japanese government. Completely ignoring the fact that since most of it is manufactured in China, it's the Chinese government that's getting the tax dollars.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    That or mushroom clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    The thing is, legally Japan owns it. Now that China thinks they're a world super power (they actually aren't, the only reason they're rich is western consumerism, once we stop buying, they will revert back to poverty because they're communist).
    Nationalism in China is huge atm, if they try to take back those islands, its a declaration of war and all of Japan's allies are obliged to help...
    Western countries will never stop buying. So yeah i think china is a superpower and will overtake america in the next 5-10 years as the only superpower..

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan29 View Post
    Western countries will never stop buying. So yeah i think china is a superpower and will overtake america in the next 5-10 years as the only superpower..
    Who is bullying? Looks like China trying to bully Japan to me...

Deleted
    I think we are sitting in bleak times.

On one hand we have the economic crysis.

On the other, we have the new Japan vs China.
    We also have Israel vs Iran&Russia&Pakisan

On another hand, but Israel and Japan are allies of US, and, as such, of NATO.
    On the other hand, Russia and China are allies of Iran.

On another hand, we have a powerful country (want it or not, China is strong) having nationalistic claims on the territory of another because they feel it belongs to them.
    Said country also have a regime that kind of dislikes the western view of the world. It also has allies with similar thinking.

Do you see where this is going? I fear we are heading to a new world war. It won't start tomorrow, but the hatreds have grown immense. And this time Japan will be the China of WW2 and China the Japan of WW2 in the conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post

On another hand, we have a powerful country (want it or not, China is strong) having nationalistic claims on the territory of another because they feel it belongs to them.
    Said country also have a regime that kind of dislikes the western view of the world. It also has allies with similar thinking.

Do you see where this is going? I fear we are heading to a new world war. It won't start tomorrow, but the hatreds have grown immense. And this time Japan will be the China of WW2 and China the Japan of WW2 in the conflict.
    There are many hands in this post :P

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah agree with most of what you're saying.
    I still think China would find it hard to beat Japan, even when there population is 10x larger. Japan won't just roll over, they're descendants of Samurai... they'll be exactly like they were in WWII, but on the western side this time.

I think war is coming, its so obvious. People during the early 1900's were exactly like we are today, totally ignorant and obsessed with new technology. The world is just a big bomb waiting to go off and its sad... because more than half the worlds population will die, if not more.

Made in China should be forbidden. And we get a lot of jobs back. Economy saved. If only big cooperation's don't want 10 billion profit each year.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    I still think China would find it hard to beat Japan, even when there population is 10x larger. Japan won't just roll over, they're descendants of Samurai... they'll be exactly like they were in WWII, but on the western side this time.
    China would find it hard to not lose outright. It's all assuming non-nuclear war of course, but population is really irrelevant in a conflict like this. Unlike WW2 Japan won't be on Chinese soil. It's all going to be decided in the seas, where China is at a distinct disadvatage.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 09:19 AM ----------

It also has allies with similar thinking.
    Not really.