10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The Truth is Out There.

I see what you did there....

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The Truth is Out There.
    Lots of other things can be said about truth. It's ugly and it hurts. These are all of our fears at this moment.

Deleted
    I'm not a huge space fun, I mostly care about PvE and PvP. That doesn't mean that I don't want something different and if they manage to pull a customisable spaceship and space PvP, I would be totally hooked. But...

I find the lack of Dual Spec from 1.4, disturbing...

Come on BW! You said from 1.2 that dual spec is coming and during 1.3 you said that Dual Spec is the first thing to do for the next patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Many projects got scrapped when SWTOR wasn't the WOW killer that EA wanted. The sad part of it all is that they had very good MMO numbers. Maybe they will pick it up if the F2P market is profitable for them.
    yeah, they had them. but the game that came out was so broken and unfinished (expect from the story and the voiceover) even in core mechanics like 2 secs delay on casts because of shitty netcode, + the whole problem of swtor getting mauled by wow like the other 50 games trying to take on wow is in my opinion that all these games compare to wow as i once was not as it now is.

throw swtor into a cage with vanilla wow and it would proably win...but this isnt how the reality is right now. you need to bring a game atleast eye to eye with wow to kill it and its the other studios and publishers fault to not see the mandatory elements of gameplay you need to copy from wow to even compare with it.

so no mercy for the one that runs eyes wide open into the abyss.

btw. on topic: they simply dont have the money to get a good spacecombat system going anymore and i doubt this will change in near future or even if the spice is flowing again with the ftp system that polishing a "running system" will be somewhere near the top of their priority list for the changes of swtor.

well thats my opinion and hope you dont got eyecanzerz because of my not native english writing.

btw. dont get me wrong i enjoy swtor actually but compared to wow it loses in nearly every aspect away from storytelling and that is a shame because that what ea and bioware did was actually a waste of one of the strongest licences in move/gaming history because of simply dumbness.

i like the game that it is but i shed tear about the game it could have been.
    Last edited by mmoc7a210b114d; 2012-09-20 at 10:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Lots of other things can be said about truth. It's ugly and it hurts. These are all of our fears at this moment.
    You missed the whole x-files thing didn't you?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Man that was a good show. Hey maybe they should make an mmo out of it. LFM Raid cancer man.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not one bit. I was using a play on words. Just because I don't reference an alien love baby doesn't mean I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Armail View Post
    throw swtor into a cage with vanilla wow and it would proably win...but this isnt how the reality is right now. you need to bring a game atleast eye to eye with wow to kill it and its the other studios and publishers fault to not see the mandatory elements of gameplay you need to copy from wow to even compare with it.
    Why does it always come down to "killing" WoW as opposed to competing with it? It always boils down to something being a "WoW killer".

OT : hk-51, it just comes down to the same lack of communication I've already talked about. Why can't they show snippets of the new "super space project"? Because everything is a secret over there at Bioware.

Once they get settled down after F2P, and the reality of just how many (or how few) players they're really going to be living with in the long term sinks in, and the mass exodus of development/CS staff ensues, TOR will have to do what other games have done - learn how to live with a lean and mean, young, creative staff. In a lot of ways, that's when the fun begins. I'm looking forward to it, and space will be one of the reasons.

Still experimenting...

I dont think they lied back at the summit, but I dont think it was or will be in a playable state anytime soon. Few to none of the people at the summit still work on this game, things have changed a lot and we have reached the point where we can be glad if they still add "usual" content on a regular basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Man that was a good show. Hey maybe they should make an mmo out of it. LFM Raid cancer man.
    f they could do it right that would be an interesting fight.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

f they could do it right that would be an interesting fight.
    First you would have an instance where you kill him and its too easy. Then you find out hes alive and he'd be like "GETTING SHOT WAS MERELY A SETBACK" and then it would all be about finding a stair case to shove him down. And then he would come back later and be like "THE STAIRS WERE ONLY A SET BACK!!!" and then you would have a helicopter shoot a missile at him.

But sadly, I don't think there's enough time between now and December 20th to make a game.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    First you would have an instance where you kill him and its too easy. Then you find out hes alive and he'd be like "GETTING SHOT WAS MERELY A SETBACK" and then it would all be about finding a stair case to shove him down. And then he would come back later and be like "THE STAIRS WERE ONLY A SET BACK!!!" and then you would have a helicopter shoot a missile at him.

But sadly, I don't think there's enough time between now and December 20th to make a game.
    I was thinking more along the lines of all his abilities having something to do with smoking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clattuc View Post
    Once they get settled down after F2P, and the reality of just how many (or how few) players they're really going to be living with in the long term sinks in, and the mass exodus of development/CS staff ensues, TOR will have to do what other games have done - learn how to live with a lean and mean, young, creative staff. In a lot of ways, that's when the fun begins. I'm looking forward to it, and space will be one of the reasons.
    Pretty much this. Though I'm doubtful that "space" will get any love.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Trust no one. Anonymity, deception--these are your tools.

I remember promises during my active period in Star Wars Galaxies about free "Air Speeder".. it never came until the very end few months before the game was shut down. They might have it somewhere but others overrule its priority and currently... there are a lot of other priorities because Space alone won't bring back as many people as they want. More Operations, more Warzones etc. will because lots of people do them. If they can add swoop races, playable pazzaak tables and.. their secret x-space, I sure will be happy as well.