View Poll Results: Will we see a level cap increase in the D3 expansion?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

48 55.17%
  • No.

39 44.83%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    I was discussing this with a friend.

I asked him: What's the point of having separate "Paragon" levels? Blizz could have just increased the level cap (to 99, or 160, 200, whatever, it's just a number) instead. Just make level 60 the "pseudo-cap", in the sense that all your abilities/runes are unlocked and that the MF bonus per level starts at lvl 61. That way they are just regular levels, instead of the gimmicky and "gamey" Paragon system (i.e. having to have a blue number in parenthesis beside your level).

He responded: The reason is that the expansion will increase the level cap from 60 to 80. Paragon levelling will freeze at that moment while you reach the new level cap (in other words, the exp you gain will go towards your "true" level from 61 to 80, and then towards your Paragon level once again once you reach 80). The new level cap will introduce new runes, possibly new abilities, and new gear, all with a > 60 level requirement. In other words: like WoW.

My reaction to this was a combination of "oh god, please no" and "this isn't WoW"... but maybe that wouldn't be so bad?

What do you guys think?

1) Will we see a level cap increase in the D3 expansion?

2) If not, what is the advantage of the Paragon system over simply increasing the level cap?
    It WILL happen,. and it won't likely even be 60-80, but 70 instead. "just like wow".
    I'm fairly sure it was quoted somewhere even.
    If they add a new act, the increased player level is the first thing that'll happen - you'll unlock new talents/skills - get access to new gear that is better than current ilvl 63 inferno gear. Yep, it'll be JUST like wow and you know it, and you dread it - but it's still going to happen :P

Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I'm fairly sure it was quoted somewhere even.
    Any chance of a source for that?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Holy Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    I just hope they don't make current gear obsolete. They should make it like Tiers in WoW rather than expansions. I wouldn't like my legendaries out-geared by some higher level blue item with 500 int.
    As was stated before current gear will become obsolete no matter what. Look Ilvl is built into the items these days. Also given how limited and boring the Itemization is in this game, I cant think of a single reason why you would keep an old piece of gear other than aesthetic tastes. Even that is limited too....

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    As was stated before current gear will become obsolete no matter what. Look Ilvl is built into the items these days. Also given how limited and boring the Itemization is in this game, I cant think of a single reason why you would keep an old piece of gear other than aesthetic tastes. Even that is limited too....
    Yea if Blizzard gets the expansion right, then independent of a max level increase, you will want to ditch all your current gear regardless. Besides that's the whole point isn't it? Gear is a huge carrot on a stick in ARPGs, an expansion is usually meant as a gear reset and new goodies to be acquired.

This reminds me of another thing that's missing that even Torchlight II and Path of Exile have: the lack of using old skins on new items.

I'd think they'd have to. Much like WOW.. The only way to go is up. I think the level progression gives people a reason to buy the expansion.

Rift has had alternative leveling for over a year now and the expansion is coming out in about a year. We will be going up to level 60 and I believe keeping our Planar Attunement levels. Your friend is likely correct.