Poll: Will we see a level cap increase in the D3 expansion?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They said no, the whole game is based on ilvls levels, it would be too hard to change. Its a core design like the monsters melee.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    They said no, the whole game is based on ilvls levels, it would be too hard to change. Its a core design like the monsters melee.
    Can you elaborate? I might be having a stupid moment, but I have no idea what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Shit I've been trying to make money on it. Only thing I can sell reliably is gold. How do you know what exacly will sell and what exactly is garbage?
    You just look for similar items and list accordingly, same as you would do on the gold ah...

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Can you elaborate? I might be having a stupid moment, but I have no idea what you are saying.
    Going to take a shot in the dark and say that if they raised it without scaling the other acts in some way it'd make the rest of the acts pretty much obsolete(considering for some people they already are). Sadly there's no translator for that particular.....something...

Its how they scale monsters and difficulty. Thats why molten in act4 hurts 100x more than it does in a1, because the monsters are 63 instead of 60. The molten remains unchanged.

Deleted
    im pretty sure thre will be more levels :P

* banishes Howard to the moon!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    You just look for similar items and list accordingly, same as you would do on the gold ah...

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 07:43 AM ----------

Going to take a shot in the dark and say that if they raised it without scaling the other acts in some way it'd make the rest of the acts pretty much obsolete(considering for some people they already are). Sadly there's no translator for that particular.....something...
    Thank you, that does seem to fit what I quoted.

Since those acts would no longer be the end of the game, it would still accomplish the purpose it was supposed to. And sense higher level monsters would also drop higher level loot, exactly like WoW works, I don't see a logistics problem.

It does however reinforce exactly why I think it's going to happen, because this is now an MMO. (in theoretical application)

Equal lvl monsters are easy, +2 or +3 levels is the only thing that makes them difficult. If they raised our cap to 65, they would have to raise the monster lvl to 68. I dont see them doing this since it would be the same thing with a different number by your name. Maybe introduce a few lvl 64 mobs in the xpack for the people who can now do a4 in their sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Equal lvl monsters are easy, +2 or +3 levels is the only thing that makes them difficult. If they raised our cap to 65, they would have to raise the monster lvl to 68. I dont see them doing this since it would be the same thing with a different number by your name.
    This is how games have worked for...forever regarding leveling. Every game with levels works this way, with the new exception of GW2.

we got paragon levels, i think getting 160 levels is enough
    게임 은 어렵~~

They're planning on two expansions for Diablo 3.

They will increase the level cap twice, 80 and 100.

Paragon will be improved on. New abilities, New acts, New items. They will re-do the mystic and add that in, They'll probably add in jewels.

They will more likely re-do blacksmithing and jewelcrafting and make it a GIANT grind, but you will actually get good shit from it.

They will break down and finally do a type of ladder season. ( Could be pvp related, paragon leveling related, etc )

They might add in 1 more class, and unlock parties up to 5 or 6. Really doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    They will increase the level cap twice, 80 and 100.
    Those are all good predictions, but the one I quoted is what I'm interested in. Why do you think they will raise the cap to 80 and 100? And How will that work in relation to the new zones? (I think we can assume there will be at least one new act per expansion.)
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I recall Jay Wilson making a statement while back saying the probably wouldn't increase the level cap with an expansion, but I can't find it so take that for what it is worth.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Deleted
    with some luck the next expansion will bring pvp, with some luck....

Quote Originally Posted by Evoque View Post
    with some luck the next expansion will bring pvp, with some luck....
    That's just a content patch (1.1 as far as I know), not an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that they will, and should. Why not allow us to get to 70? it won't make it "WoW", and you will probably all love it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt there will be a level cap increase. If there's an increase it will be Paragon levels. There will just be a new act, and two new classes. New affixes, suffixes, charms, more gems, etc.

You're all missing the main argument the dev's will need to answer to, what's best for the RMAH?

What's best for the RMAH will be increasing the level cap and the level of loot, making all current loot obsolete. Thus making sure everyone who plays will have to re-gear themselves allowing for possible further transactions on the RMAH and increasing the earning potential of the game for blizzard.

That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    What's best for the RMAH will be increasing the level cap and the level of loot, making all current loot obsolete.
    You are right, but they can still do that very easily simply by adding new gear with ilvl > 63. In other words, the new act 5 inferno will drop items up to ilvl 65. Act 6 inferno will drop items up to ilvl 67, and so on. Just keep the player level requirement of these at 60 and there is no need for a level cap increase. The new better gear will still make all current loot obsolete in the RMAH, as you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    No and to be honest if people are seeking a wow - like game they should go and play wow not Diablo!!!
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    You're all missing the main argument the dev's will need to answer to, what's best for the RMAH?

What's best for the RMAH will be increasing the level cap and the level of loot, making all current loot obsolete. Thus making sure everyone who plays will have to re-gear themselves allowing for possible further transactions on the RMAH and increasing the earning potential of the game for blizzard.

That is all.
    Well yes and no. The better way to look at it is what's best for the bottom line? Adding levels is best for that.