Poll: I'm happy with myself

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very rarely am I happy with myself. I have a hard time being prideful in something I have done, and generally I can't help but compare myself to others, and my assumption is that everybody else is better than me.

So yeah, I don't have a particularly high self esteem at the moment.

Yes, I am happy with myself.. 100% so, wouldn't change a single cell in my body, wouldn't go back in time to change anything etcetc.

My philosophy in life is that, if you can't love yourself, how can you ever love anything else? Don't get me wrong, I have my flaws, but they are me, and I wouldn't change myself for the world

Deleted
    I'm not and probably never will be fully.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion I'm either a flagrant hypocrite or a fascinating web of of contradictions... Depending on how full of crap you think I am.

I can somehow manage to feel deeply self-conscious about just about everything I do and say, yet I can also walk around with a massive superiority complex.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    IF I WAS A FACEBOOK UPDATE, I'D LIKE MYSELF!

Lol.

If you cannot love yourself, you cannot love others... I'm fine at the moment .p Just need to man up and go to classes more often and i'll be perfectly content

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I'm working on that.

im a puppetmaster irl, manipulating all my "friends" to suit my needs. so yeah
    i love myself and only myself.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    No. Absolutely not.
    I regard myself as insufficient nearly all the time.

Not physically nor emotionally.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Very rarely am I happy with myself. I have a hard time being prideful in something I have done, and generally I can't help but compare myself to others, and my assumption is that everybody else is better than me.

So yeah, I don't have a particularly high self esteem at the moment.
    This is a pretty good explanation of me as well.

I like myself, but at the same time in the physical, and emotional department, I don't really like myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    My philosophy in life is that, if you can't love yourself, how can you ever love anything else? Don't get me wrong, I have my flaws, but they are me, and I wouldn't change myself for the world
    I see people saying this often but i wonder how true it is. I don't love myself but i love my fiance certaintly not doubting that.
    He isnt me, hes someone else with a diffrent mindset, diffrent personality wich helps me a lot. i couldnt ever date someone like me.
    your philosophy doesent apply to everyone imo.

People often love other people because they're diffrent

Deleted
    When I feel less happy with myself I stop feeling and be awsome instead.

I can recognize my own flaws, but I just consistently fail to do anything about them, as if I'm not sufficiently motivated to. It's really frustrating.

For instance I'm well aware that I'm scrawny and pale, but the solution to that, exercise outside, is a lot of work that I have trouble forcing myself to do on any sort of schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

very interesting topic;

Welll I have not killed anyonde..nor commited fraud.

However, I did split with my ex with a child. And I love my Daughter so.

Im not in love with myself, I want to be.
    The Dimension of Rock & Roll & fast times grabbed me

I love my daughte./.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Such as???
    You figured yourself out completely already. Im not, im still discovering new traits as i encounter different people, places and have experiences.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm obviously not completely satisfied with myself - I think anyone who is will never progress as a person, as you won't want to change anything. That said, I am happy with who I am. Sometimes I'm very conscious of my flaws and sometimes I feel like a perfect human being, but in general I'd say I feel pretty good about myself.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

No, I don't think I will ever be happy with myself physically but emotionally I'm hoping that will improve over time.

Deleted
    It depends on my mood really, sometimes I can be really laid back and enjoy every little thing. But when I am on edge I think I am a massive c u Next Tuesday... I'll admit that. Would I like to change it? Yeah, I really would like to. I'm only like it because of the trouble I have finding work, nothing more tedious and annoying when there's no options out there for you >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Yes, I am happy with myself.. 100% so, wouldn't change a single cell in my body, wouldn't go back in time to change anything etcetc.

that is also one of the teachings of buddha

the answer is kind of simple though, if you hate yourself but love someone else...then maybe their love is enough to make you love yourself. i`m not happy with everything about me, there are things I want to change and want to be different like anyone, but I don`t think i`ll ever love myself because it`s easy to see our flaws ourselves.. but what if someone you love sees your flaws and loves you? why would you choose not to love yourself if you can be loved by others? /shrug

Deleted
    I can't hear you over the sound of how awsome i am!!!