I need some good ps3 games to play

okay so today or maybe it was yesterday square enix announced at the tokyo game show kingdom hearts 1.5

an hd remake of kingdom hearts 1 final mix kingdom hearts chain of memories and kingdom hearts 358/2 days all in one coming out sometime in 2013 ONLY for ps3

so now instead of just buying a wiiu i have to buy a wiiu and a ps3

so any playstation owners please tell me some of your favorite ps3 games

my favorite genre is rpgs however im open to all kinds of games besides sports games and call of duty esque shooters (im okay with shooters as long as they feel unique or have a good story)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed (and the games are probably not all exclusive to PS3):
    • Metal Gear Solid 4 (but you need to know the backstory, unfortunately)
    • The Assassin's Creed Series
    • Brütal Legend
    • God of War 3 (not as good as the previous, but still good)
    • Portal 2 Co-op
    • GTA IV + Expansions
    • Skyrim
    I've played surprisingly little RPGs on my PS3 for some reason. I didn't get FFXIII because I really disliked 12.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Red Dead Redemption is a pretty good open world Western game.

is the ps3 version of deadspace any good? thinking about getting that along with mgs4 and metal gear rising. might get red dead redemption too since that looked like a cool game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're into survival horror you should definitely try Dead Space and anything from Resident Evil(especially Resident Evil 4!) RE6 is also coming out on Oct 2nd and Dead Space 3 is coming early Feb 2013

Some good RPG's are Dragonage (especially origins) And Skyrim.

Anything from the Devil May Cry series is awesome as well (besides #2 )
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2012-09-21 at 02:01 PM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, F.E.A.R, Brutal Legend, LA Noir, Heavy Rain... And a lot of others heh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls
    3D Dot Game Heroes
    Devil May Cry series
    Dragon's Dogma
    Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
    Red Dead Redemption
    Metal Gear Solid series

Deleted
    Bayonetta
    Tales of Graces f (don't even know if it's good, I just played the other Tales of games)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend the disgaea series, 3 and 4 are both on the ps3 while the 1st 2 are on ps2 and remakes on the psp.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

All of the Uncharted games. They are pretty much the only reason i got a ps3.

Have to agree with Uncharted, best games ive played in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. It's a Legend of Zelda type game with ICO mixed into it with a bit of it's own stuff. It's a really beautiful game and a very nice story. Just talking about it makes me want to play it again.
    -Enslaved Odyssey to the West. An action adventure game similar to Prince of Persia where you climb obstacles and fight enemies with really awesome combat gameplay. Based off the original story that inspired Dragonball Z.
    -Ratchet and Clank Future games. I'm sure you've played Ratchet and Clank sometime in your life but if not its a really good series and I highly recommend you get it. They're pretty cheap now too.
    -Red Dead Redemption. By far probably the best game Rockstar has made. After playing this game it became my favorite Rockstar game ever. Everything about the game is just so well done. The story, gameplay, characters, all of it it's so fun. Also not only the story mode but the multiplayer is the best multiplayer I have ever played for this generation, it has so much content.
    -Metal Gear Solid 4 (MGS4): Guns of the Patriots. This game was so good and well done it made me go out and buy the older MGS games for PS1 and PS2 as it really drew me in the series' story more.
    -Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. I'm sure you've heard of these games. They are both awesome and I highly recommend you pick these up, both of them.
    -Sleeping Dogs. A pretty new game but it's definitely worth $50-$60 at least it was for me. It's like GTA but takes place in Hong Kong and you're an undercover Chinese cop.
    -Dead Space 1 & 2. Im sure you've heard of this one so don't think it needs an explanation.
    -Assassin's Creed series. An awesome sandbox action game.
    -Uncharted trilogy. Every PS3 gamer needs these games end of story.
    -Jak and Daxter collection. If you don't have or haven't played the Jak and Daxter games then first of all shame on you and second you need to pick this up. It's an awesome action/adventure/platformer series with Jak 2 & 3 adding on the shooter element. I already have all 3 games for PS2 but I'm still thinking of buying the collection just for the HD graphics and trophies and also just because I love the series so much.
    -Resistance trilogy. I've only played the first one so far, which I recommend, but the other 2 games look really cool.
    -Ghostbusters: The Video Game. I have this for Xbox 360 but if you're any kind of Ghostbusters fan this is definitely a must have. The main story mode is really fun and it's an original story so it's not a game based off the movies but has a lot of references from them. I must've played through it like at least 10 times that's how much fun I had with it and I still have urges to play through it again. The multiplayer is really fun but the thing is it's basically dead with just a few hundred players, if that. But when you do get a match it's really fun at least for me it was.
    -Darksiders. The first Darksiders is just such a good game. It mixes so many good games together like Zelda Devil May Cry and God of War. Also has a really cool story. I also recommend picking up the sequel Darksiders 2 it's pretty much the same but bigger environments side quests and you play as Death instead of War.

I can go on and on but I'll just leave it at that, fingers are getting tired lol.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-09-21 at 09:35 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Siren - Blood Curse

Dead Space 2 is fine on PS3 too and one of only a few games that runs at full 1080p. Comes with Dead Space Extraction on the disc for free too.

Uncharted series, Gods of War and Killzone 3 are all must play exclusives along with MGS 4.
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2012-09-21 at 09:54 PM.

Uncharted Trilogy - this is why you buy PS3 instead of Xbox. Must haves for every PS3 owner.

God of War 3 - another great PS3 exclusive

Demon's Souls - ditto, the predecessor of Dark Souls
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.