Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    As someone who has a Night Elf for every class that can be a Nelf, Shadowmeld sucks.
    Yeah, I'd trade it for my +10 enchant anyway though. It's pretty useful for soloing (Najentus says hi ) or questing.

Quickness was good back when it was -2% chance to be hit, now it's purely a benefit for tanks, since 2% dodge does nothing for classes with very little to begin with. You don't really notice it farming lower level stuff since everything is missing you anyways, where it counts, like having a raid boss completely miss you, was nice.
    I actually play a tank, yes. That's probably why I see Quickness as a very powerful racial.

Unless you are a tank Quickness is hardly useful and shadowmeld is only useful if you're the last one alive and want to avoid a repair bill. Arcane Torrent wins by a mile... As a healer I would trade my alliance racials for that any day of the week.
    I am. Now don't get me wrong, I never said Arcane Torrent was bad. I, for my part, use it almost all the time on my Blood DK because free runic power equals more rune refreshes etc. It's also a very good tool to force caster mobs to move.

We're not asking for the moon here ... Believe me, in my eyes it would just make a little more sense to give Blood Elves something else because almost everyone has two racials they can use for fighting or questing. (And if other races don't have that, well ... I truly believe they should be buffed as well !) Maybe change arcane affinity to magic affinity ... ? Which would reduce every magical damage taken by like... 2 or 3% ?

I never use Arcane Torrent because it represents how Blood elves corrupts magic and I roleplay a High elf, so that leaves me with...two very crappy racials, I wouldn't mind if Arcane Affinity is replaced with something more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    I think you missed something bro, I said Arcane torrent was the best racial we have

learn to read champ... ._.
    I did, your aware of how good it is yet you still feel the need to suggest a revamp is in order.

And how about being more polite when replying?

A Blood elf can be a valid choice for any role, when compared to Tauren their pretty much only used as tanks their basically non-existant as healers/dps, they have an edge now in MoP due to the capped mana pools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes:Escape Artist: Escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect. (GOOD)

Expansive Mind: Mana pool increased by 5%. (Good)

Shortblade Specialization: Expertise with Daggers and One-Handed Swords increased by 3 (Good)

Dwarfs: Removes all poison, disease and bleed effects and reduces all damage taken by 10% for 8 sec. (Good)

Undead:Touch of the Grave: Underwater breath lasts 233% longer than normal. (Good)

Removes any Charm, Fear and Sleep effect. This effect shares a 30 sec cooldown with other similar effects (Good)

Cannibalize: When activated, regenerates 7% of total health and mana every 2 sec for 10 sec. Only works on Humanoid or Undead corpses within 5 yds. Any movement, action, or damage taken while Cannibalizing will cancel the effect. (Fun/good)

Tauren:

Endurance: Base Health increased by 5% (Good..sorta)

War Stomp: Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yds for 2 sec (Good)

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I did, your aware of how good it is yet you still feel the need to suggest a revamp is in order.

And how about being more polite when replying?

A Blood elf can be a valid choice for any role, when compared to Tauren their pretty much only used as tanks their basically non-existant as healers/dps.
    I was polite because your where being a snot ._. I mean I read that as a slap in the face to be honest with you! Like you where saying 'What the fuck is the matter with you(me)' I talking about the other 2
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Racials are there to add flavour, not power. And you can't realy complain about having just one "good" racial. You should think more of the others racials before claming yours is underpowered. Lets use Dwarf as an example, 1% Expertise limited to a few weapons, 1% crit with guns (guns are very rarely BiS PvE wise, and there's just 1 class that benefit from it), 1% less frost damage, and archeology. Most of these don't mix well with different classes. A warrior have no need for gun crit, and a mage have no use for expertise. A blood elf on the other hand has an AoE silence that gives resources back, extra enchanting skills that can decrease the cost of lvling enchanting by quite a bit, and while I agree the 1% less damage is a bit weak compared to what it used to be, it's not bad in any way, just situational as most racials should be

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    idea, and this could be a play on the new undead racial but blood elfs, since they are so attuned to the arcane and have such a arcane affinity should either
    a) have a chance to restore a small amount of health when being attacked by arcane/fire/frost damage
    b) have a chance to be healed when dealing arcane/fire/frost damage

10+ Year Old Account
    No they don't. Compared to Arcane Torrent they are flat out useless. While some races like Humans, Trolls, Worgen and Orcs end up with really really nice combinations of racials, as in two good, useful ones, Blood Elves, Goblins, Draenei have one very good racial, the other races end up with crap which is either specifically beneficial to a certain class or even spec of a class, and situational at best.

If it came down to taking Arcane Torrent over Shadowmeld AND Quickness on my nelf, I'd take arcane torrent. Shadowmeld has failed me and let me down constantly and quickness is useless in MoP. Instant mana restore (or rage, RP, energy, focus) + an aoe silence for situational use, it's VERY powerful. Arcane torrent *has* saved my blood elf toons before, silencing a cast giving me the chance to finish off an enemy.

dude...are you serious?

That's why i said arcane torrent is the only useful one man...and I'm not saying

"Oh gawd blood elf racial's suck they need to be the only race to get new ones" All of them need to be reworked/ remade or taken out of the game completely in my fucking book, so please stop bring up your Night elf and your fails with Shadowmeld...I have a druid night elf and I love shadowmeld...I think its great, and I use it mainly for fun not to do anything amazing or activate super mega ultra burst damage! I use it for fun...just some fun

LIFE

Deleted
    The point is that Arcane torrent is so good that it trumps everything else even if you disregard the useless professions bonus' that nobody cares about. I wouldn't be surprised if blizzard nerfs Arcane Torrent at some point just to balance out the extreme advantage blood elf healers have atm.

I was polite because your where being a snot ._. I mean I read that as a slap in the face to be honest with you! Like you where saying 'What the fuck is the matter with you(me)' I talking about the other 2
    If that was how you took it then I apologize for that isn't how I ment it.

I personally think Blood elfs are on par with everyone else and excel as mana users. Each race excels in a certain role noone is THE best in all possible roles. Besides it really doesn't matter at all all races now have something useful, previously undead had nothing PvE-wise.

Expertise and crit racials based on weapons equiped are pretty much useless at the end of content as the BiS may not be the weapon required.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-09-20 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulvhedner View Post
    Racials are there to add flavour, not power. And you can't realy complain about having just one "good" racial. You should think more of the others racials before claming yours is underpowered. Lets use Dwarf as an example, 1% Expertise limited to a few weapons, 1% crit with guns (guns are very rarely BiS PvE wise, and there's just 1 class that benefit from it), 1% less frost damage, and archeology. Most of these don't mix well with different classes. A warrior have no need for gun crit, and a mage have no use for expertise. A blood elf on the other hand has an AoE silence that gives resources back, extra enchanting skills that can decrease the cost of lvling enchanting by quite a bit, and while I agree the 1% less damage is a bit weak compared to what it used to be, it's not bad in any way, just situational as most racials should be
    Dwarfs are fine the way they are...and I didn't say they didn't need to be reworked either..Lol, this post is just about blood elfs

So man, just lets start talking about Blood elfs and changing the racials...no arguing...no fuss, just a discussion

LIFE

Gnomes:Escape Artist: Escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect.
    It's a piss poor, occasional use thing with a long CD. You clear a root, and the root gets reapplied, and the racial is on CD... (BAD)

Expansive Mind: Mana pool increased by 5%. (Good)
    Not really, it's effect has been diminished immensely with the changes to intellect and fixed mana pools. No more regen based off max mana. (MEDIOCRE)

Shortblade Specialization: Expertise with Daggers and One-Handed Swords increased by 3 (Good)
    And if you are using axes and maces because of limited itemization? (SITUATIONAL)

Dwarfs: Removes all poison, disease and bleed effects and reduces all damage taken by 10% for 8 sec. (Good)
    This racial only shines against a feral druid in pvp and very minor use in pve. With monks being able to dispel bleeds its use is even further diminished (BAD)

Undead:Touch of the Grave: Underwater breath lasts 233% longer than normal. (Good)
    A minor heal and damage, hardly noticeable. It will not save your life and certainly won't be more than noise in a dps meter (MEDIOCRE)

Removes any Charm, Fear and Sleep effect. This effect shares a 30 sec cooldown with other similar effects (Good)
    This thing puts your real trink on CD and doesn't offer immunity like it used to, a lot of Undead players who pvp'd for old WOTF *quit* when this change happend. (MEDIOCRE)

Cannibalize: When activated, regenerates 7% of total health and mana every 2 sec for 10 sec. Only works on Humanoid or Undead corpses within 5 yds. Any movement, action, or damage taken while Cannibalizing will cancel the effect. (Fun/good)
    Only minorly useful in pvp or questing. If you're out of combat, actual food is better(SITUATIONAL)

Tauren:

Endurance: Base Health increased by 5% (Good..sorta)
    Base health = tiny (BAD)

War Stomp: Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yds for 2 sec (Good)
    Warstomp has a cast time which interrupts the ability to heal, deal damage etc. Even if it were instacast it's situational at best, putting it on par with the silence component of arcane torrent, w/o the regen.

"Oh gawd blood elf racial's suck they need to be the only race to get new ones" All of them need to be reworked/ remade or taken out of the game completely in my fucking book, so please stop bring up your Night elf and your fails with Shadowmeld...I have a druid night elf and I love shadowmeld...I think its great, and I use it mainly for fun not to do anything amazing or activate super mega ultra burst damage! I use it for fun...just some fun
    Think about the other races before complaining about your own, you're better off than most and still you're acting like it's the end of the world because your chosen race is not as powerful as the best one. Most races has one active and two passive racial, you have as much "fun" racials as other races.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 12:50 AM ----------

Dwarfs are fine the way they are...and I didn't say they didn't need to be reworked either..Lol, this post is just about blood elfs

So man, just lets start talking about Blood elfs and changing the racials...no arguing...no fuss, just a discussion
    A discussion without arguements? That's a new one. On topic, blood elf racials are fine, leave them like they are unless they're going to rework every race racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulvhedner View Post
    Think about the other races before complaining about your own, you're better off than most and still you're acting like it's the end of the world because your chosen race is not as powerful as the best one. Most races has one active and two passive racial, you have as much "fun" racials as other races.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 12:50 AM ----------

A discussion without arguements? That's a new one. On topic, blood elf racials are fine, leave them like they are unless they're going to rework every race racials.
    What? Dude if you don't like the fucking post or what I met for it to be leave...Jesus man, and I'm not complain about anything! I'm stating facts and opinions about racials My god man, and thanks for your shitty attempt at trolling But I play undead mainly...and undead is my main! So hahah

LIFE

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has a Night Elf for every class that can be a Nelf, Shadowmeld sucks. With the exception of world pvp (specifically on a druid where u can meld, drop combat and flight form or a rogue where it's a second vanish) it doesn't work too well. It doesn't wipe threat, you can no longer eat with it up, it won't save you from getting killed in a wipe unless you are at the bottom of the threat list. I've even had it fail against level 5 mobs at 85. (testing out that Dominate Mind bug on wolves in Elwynn )

Quickness was good back when it was -2% chance to be hit, now it's purely a benefit for tanks, since 2% dodge does nothing for classes with very little to begin with. You don't really notice it farming lower level stuff since everything is missing you anyways, where it counts, like having a raid boss completely miss you, was nice.
    No shadowmeld is all around awesome for pvp. You think it is a coincidence almost every high ranking alliance disc priest was nelf? Melding cc, dropping combat to drink, rez, etc. is pretty clutch.

And they already said they are looking at revamping racials. Move on.
    Last edited by Freia; 2012-09-20 at 10:54 PM.

While it would be nice to have a fun little racial that wouldn't help in combat but has it's uses (Goblin bank) Blood Elves have no particular reason to obtain a new racial compared to other races (in fact other races might deserve a rework even more). If Blizzard were to replace one of our more useless racials than every other race would start asking for one.

I think our racials (arcane torrent is amazing for a racial) are fine right now and as others have said, everyone has useless racials that nobody wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

dude...are you serious?

That's why i said arcane torrent is the only useful one man...and I'm not saying
    first, don't call me man or "dude", I'm not one, and I know why you are saying it's the only "useful" one you are clearly missing out on just HOW USEFUL IT IS. It is worth TWO racials in itself, which is why you only have one.

"Oh gawd blood elf racial's suck they need to be the only race to get new ones" All of them need to be reworked/ remade or taken out of the game completely in my fucking book, sure, all should be reworked:
    you titled this thread about blood elves if you wish to change the subject of the thread, change the title...

so please stop bring up your Night elf and your fails with Shadowmeld...I have a druid night elf and I love shadowmeld...I think its great, and I use it mainly for fun not to do anything amazing or activate super mega ultra burst damage! I use it for fun...just some fun
    Now you're just trying to condescend to me. Good for you having fun shadowmelding in towns to goof around. I do that too, I also use it to AFK, the point was racials being USEFUL, not "fun". Shadowmeld isn't exactly USEFUL outside of a handful of situations, Arcane torrent is useful for EVERYTHING. Get it? Im not going to keep this up with you since you are being purposefully ignorant of everything I'm actually explaining to you. So keep on thinking blood elves are shafted with one of the best racials in the game. Ya, you don't have two awesome racials like worgen but you have one awesome racial and should appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a piss poor, occasional use thing with a long CD. You clear a root, and the root gets reapplied, and the racial is on CD... (BAD)

Not really, it's effect has been diminished immensely with the changes to intellect and fixed mana pools. No more regen based off max mana. (MEDIOCRE)

And if you are using axes and maces because of limited itemization? (SITUATIONAL)

This racial only shines against a feral druid in pvp and very minor use in pve. With monks being able to dispel bleeds its use is even further diminished (BAD)

A minor heal and damage, hardly noticeable. It will not save your life and certainly won't be more than noise in a dps meter (MEDIOCRE)

This thing puts your real trink on CD and doesn't offer immunity like it used to, a lot of Undead players who pvp'd for old WOTF *quit* when this change happend. (MEDIOCRE)

Only minorly useful in pvp or questing. If you're out of combat, actual food is better(SITUATIONAL)

Base health = tiny (BAD)

Warstomp has a cast time which interrupts the ability to heal, deal damage etc. Even if it were instacast it's situational at best, putting it on par with the silence component of arcane torrent, w/o the regen.
    We have very different opinions, but if you don't care about my post...then why are you here? If you feel they are fine...then why would you click on a post like this?

LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    No shadowmeld is all around awesome for pvp. You think it is a coincidence almost every high ranking alliance disc priest was nelf? Melding cc, dropping combat to drink, rez, etc. is pretty clutch.

And they already said they are looking at revamping racials. Move on.
    Every high ranking anything alliance tends to be human, if the class permits it.

Deleted
    We have very different opinions, but if you don't care about my post...then why are you here? If you feel they are fine...then why would you click on a post like this?
    To provide an argument as to why it's fine. They disagree, they post their opinions. That's how a forum generally works.

Which it is. Racials in general need scrapping entirely in my view, but Arcane Torrent is sufficient. I mean the banks are hardly being broken due to +10 Enchantment and Arcane Resistence. They've got some of the stronger racials.

So since I got the undead racial changed (I hope/think) I want to see if we can also do something about the blood elves/elfs racials!
    See, this comment and your responses in general make me wonder whether or not you're a troll.

What? Dude if you don't like the fucking post or what I met for it to be leave...Jesus man, and I'm not complain about anything! I'm stating facts and opinions about racials My god man, and thanks for your shitty attempt at trolling But I play undead mainly...and undead is my main! So hahah
    He might've read it because he wanted to see your reasoning behind it? Honestly, you're freaking out over every person that disagrees with you and seem to not understand what a troll is. I don't know why you would make this thread if you weren't expecting (and can't handle) people to argue against what you're stating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.