Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    "true friends" That's rather cold and heartless thing to say that dogs aren't true friends.
    Not really, a dog cannot physically tell me it's my friend. And dogs don't return any kindness I show them...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Wtf? First I thought "man what a hero" after i read the topic. Then I saw that he almost died to save a dog.... If he had died that day, I would have awarded him with the Darwin Award myself.
    This is someone who clearly doesn't understand dog ownership.

I had a dog that I'd do the same thing for. There's something about dogs man...

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Not really, a dog cannot physically tell me it's my friend. And dogs don't return any kindness I show them...
    If you need someone to verbally explain "I am your friend" to understand that you have a friend.... you might have problems.

I honestly don't understand how some people can't read dogs' emotions.

And dogs return kindness to the best of their ability. They don't have opposable thumbs so they're not gonna make you a frigging sandwich.
    Last edited by Laize; 2012-09-22 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Save a dog ? yes

Save a human ? no

I would 100% charge at an Alligator for my best-man friend, but for a dog? never!

I did something similar for my Basset Hound but it wasn't an alligator it was a Rottweiler and a mutt that ganged up on her (She was over 12 years old). I broke the mutts ribs and it died later (we found out it had rabies) and my Basset Hound also died (she had half her stomach ripped out) but yes I would absolutely do what this man did.

My dog would've done the same for me. That dog had been a part of my life since I was 9 and to see it being attacked and being pretty much helpless ties my stomach into knots even now, 5 years after it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Lame, another crazy pet fanatic. Reminds me of that one guy that jumped in a hotspring to rescue a dog, only he realized how stupid that was before melting to death.
    There's a difference between an alligator and a hot spring that's 200 degrees.

You stand a real chance of saving your pet against a gator since you basically go for the eyes or snap a limb and they'll let go and try to get the hell out of there. There's no fighting 200 degree water.

I also probably (definitely) wouldn't go after a bear to save anyone. Because it's a fucking bear.

what a BAMF

Save a dog ? yes

Save a human ? no
    maybe you should get some friends worth saving then, or not assume all humans who aren`t friends wouldn`t deserve to be saved?

To everyone saying how idiotic this guy was that's basically like saying crossing a road is idiotic. OH GOD YOU COULD GET HIT BY A CAR!!!!!!!

Obviously he had an idea on how he could save his dog, he implemented his plan and *gasp* saved his dog's life. I was going to chalk this one up to strait internet trolling or maybe inexperience on some people's part but I can see the real victor here is people are just scared.
    Last edited by Flappy; 2012-09-22 at 09:19 PM.

This guy is a hero for doing it. The risk of sacrificing yourself for another living being's means is one of the greatest deeds one can do to earn himself the title of a hero. If it truly is his best friend, then no wonder he did it, I salute the man. For him it obviously isn't just ''his dog'', it's a friend.

It's really quite unnerving to read how people seem to not be able to understand this just because it isn't human. A bond can be shared with many more creatures than just humans, dogs being the most common one. This world is just too narrow-minded.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-09-22 at 09:47 PM.

I'm happy they are both alright, I wish I could say that I would have done the same but I know I wouldn't have.

Of course they can, don't be silly.
    Last edited by -Scarecrow-; 2012-09-22 at 11:32 PM.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Some humans tell me they are my friend....but they really aren't....It is not a word, it is a feeling, a relationship.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose