Poll: Do you think Apple is starting to take it's user-base for granted?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    Apple always had that "take something and make it better approach" to things. From the tidbits of information I've read about Steve Jobs being a perfectionist, and I doubt something like this would get through him. Just like the iPhone 4 and the reception issues, that was something you wouldn't notice so easily even though they make claim of "extensive testing".
    Jobs was still alive when Apple released the iPhone 4.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

They bit off more than they could chew. They should have just released the maps App without the 3D modeling, and spent the next year polishing it.

I'm surprised they didn't do that, Apple loves to design a great product, then strategically remove features only to reintroduce them back into the model in a future iteration to artifically increase sales.

So, without going and reading this whole thread:

--People are defending Apple's crap Maps system because it's new. That is fair, it is new technology.
    --People rid Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 for not having the depth of third-party apps while being newer.

Why is it that we give Apple a pass but rail anyone else?

Deleted
    Yes.
    Its actually scary how a logo can mean so much to people that it blinds them. Appstore is the only thing why I would ever even consider buying their product.
    I even know people who buy their laptops cause they are white D.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Because Google isn't going to keep supporting Apple forever, given their increasingly competitive relationship, you mean?
    Google's core business isn't in competition with Apple's. Why wouldn't they support their services on iOS? They'd almost have to go out of their way to discontinue support. You can't justify replacing a perfectly fine product with a subpar substitute because "in the indefinite future we may or may not (but probably not) lose some vague impression of "support" for this particular product". At least they could make sure the replacement is decent first.

It is my understanding that Steve Jobs was a huge hard-ass.
    He wouldn't let anything go unless it was perfect, and he would make no compromises to get to perfect.

That must be draining for any person, to reach for perfection with no compromises, and to get really close to it.
    Now that Steve Jobs isn't there, I would expect lower quality or compromises on ship dates or price or any other number of factors ... maybe it's maps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    It is my understanding that Steve Jobs was a huge hard-ass.
    He wouldn't let anything go unless it was perfect, and he would make no compromises to get to perfect.

That must be draining for any person, to reach for perfection with no compromises, and to get really close to it.
    Now that Steve Jobs isn't there, I would expect lower quality or compromises on ship dates or price or any other number of factors ... maybe it's maps.
    Dont know about that, quality (including usability) has always been what Apple had going for them. They are already losing marketshares and will continue to do so even more so if they back away from their core values.
    I doubt the pricing will get changed as well, Apple's mantra is to have overlypriced products and people still buy them simply cos they offer good products.
    Early on owning an Iphone was also a statement, not so much nowdays since the Android ones offer the same quality, better hardware but it is still somewhat bling to alot of customers.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can just use google maps in safari not a big deal... And apparently google is making a google maps app so problems solved. Apple shouldn't have rushed this out but there are alternatives.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    You can just use google maps in safari not a big deal... And apparently google is making a google maps app so problems solved. Apple shouldn't have rushed this out but there are alternatives.
    I for one love it, shows their ugly face.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.