Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Show off your Monk UI!

I did a quick search for Monk UI and didn't notice a thread for this. If it needs to be moved / deleted that is fine.

Anyways, with MoP coming in 5 days, I am busy making my monk UI the best it can be for me. So I thought i'd share it and maybe if anyone else has a cool monk UI they have been working on they can share it too.

This is mine: http://i.imgur.com/Vhnpc.jpg (still a work in progress)

(Yes i have weird keybindings. lol)

Anyways, Post away!

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a lot of information in the center of your screen. Yes, a HUD is good, but that seems obtrusive to your peripheral vision.
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Mistfit View Post
    That is a lot of information in the center of your screen. Yes, a HUD is good, but that seems obtrusive to your peripheral vision.
    Ya I am thinking about moving the bars further away from the center. Its feeling alittle too much right now lol

The only things I put in the middle are things that I really need to see specifics on. If it's something I can use my peripheral vision for (like casting bars and cooldowns) stay down toward the bottom, or off to one side.

My UI overall isn't that different (in form) from the default Blizzard UI. The bars are more or less in the same places, but smaller and pushed further out from the center. I prefer to have a more open view of the world instead of playing the game on instruments.

My UI is just Blizzard UI + Weak auras for Renewing Mist tracking.

10+ Year Old Account

This is the UI my Monk will be using. For now it's my shamans

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a beautiful UI Resperina... what UI set is that? elvui? Also interested in what unit frames / cd tracker you have there
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

Deleted
    I am about to set up my UI and was looking for inspiration.

Mistfit what addon are you using to track cooldowns and stagger?

Looks like Affiniti's customization of Elvui.

Can be found on wowinterface.... would post the link but I still can't

10+ Year Old Account
    @lunarath

I am going mistweaver so I can't speak to stagger tracking but I will be using Weak Auras to track my cd's

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a beautiful UI Resperina... what UI set is that? elvui? Also interested in what unit frames / cd tracker you have there
    It's all Elvui with some skin overs from tukui.org and the CD tracker is weak auras

moved some stuff around on my ui. doesn't feel too hectic in the middle.

http://i.imgur.com/z1o7E.jpg

(the right weakauras is my stagger tracking. it changed color for the different stagger debuffs)

I was planning on going with a few general addons, not so much a UI addon though, tempted to stick with default in that respect, since the only UI ive really had any experience with is SpartanUI.

However, i was looking for a good addon to track things like stagger for example... is Weak Auras easy to set up? or are there any other addons people could recommend for that instead of Weak Auras?

I just downloaded this on the Beta and I like how it handles stagger, very intuitive.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/monktimers

MW

i.imgur.com/hqe5g.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdewisgood View Post
    I did a quick search for Monk UI and didn't notice a thread for this. If it needs to be moved / deleted that is fine.

Anyways, with MoP coming in 5 days, I am busy making my monk UI the best it can be for me. So I thought i'd share it and maybe if anyone else has a cool monk UI they have been working on they can share it too.

This is mine: http://i.imgur.com/Vhnpc.jpg (still a work in progress)

(Yes i have weird keybindings. lol)

Anyways, Post away!
    Call me boring but I use default UI and change keybinds via the keybind options in the main menu. Used bartender before, and its good and all, but I like the cleanliness of the default UI.

The only way I'd go back to custom UI is if I needed more keybinds than the default action bars can provide (which if you keybound every key with all action bars enabled would be around 60, so I don't see this happening soon.)

But yours looks good man!
    Call me House.

Mine as WW.
    Probably going to use 3 action bar rows in my final setup though.

Last edited by Alviarin; 2012-09-22 at 08:23 AM.

I believe this is the UI Affinity from Blood Legion uses for his monk, it is a mix of ElvUI, Weakauras and a few other things, he has a download up for it (along with his settings) but i can't seem to find the link here at work, but i am sure someone has it, or i can get it once i get home.

Deleted
    In fact this is the UI Afiinity uses for all his chars

Looks like you'd greatly benefit from a viewport, OP. I recommend CBH Viewport: it's two simple black bars, top and bottom, and gives you plenty of space to put all that information without taking away from your actual view of the world.

I'd take a screenshot of the UI I'll be using, but I'm at work so can't. Maybe if I remember when I get home tonight.