Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Void Ray Graphic

Looks feeble, and isn't visible through the mobs you're nuking with it. It's a Demonic AoE attack, it deserves to be bigger and it would be immensely helpful in terms of targetting if I could see it when I spam it.

The old Shadowflame graphic would suffice.

That is all.

Then it wouldn't be void ray so your suggestion makes no sense. Sure they could make the beam longer and thicker(lol?) and that would help, but its fine as is.

Its a 30yrd(or 20? i forget) forward cone its pretty easy to know what you are hitting esp with scrolling combat text addons instead of using blizzard terrible dmg over mobs heads.

I second this request, the animation for Void Ray currently is depressing, also could we please get an increase on its range? or at least make Mannoroth's Fury affect it like it should, cause currently it just seems inferior to Harvest Life. I think the dmg on this ability got hit way too hard personally (and tbh Demo AoE being balanced around all mobs being DoT'd with Doom and Corr is dumb, since thats unviable in most AoE fights, but thats an entire different issue)
    Last edited by Evatar; 2012-09-21 at 03:27 AM.

I think if they just made it a bit thicker and longer it would be nice (that's what she said)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I realized I don't like the tiny beam, its targeting or how it goes in a straight line. I was thinking it would be so much better if it was targeted on a mob and hopping from one target to another like chain lightning and I also had the same idea you did with old shadowflame. Maybe they could use that in carrion swarm if not void ray?
    Last edited by 6kle; 2012-09-21 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early in beta the graphic was 2-3x the size it currently is, and was far easier to use \ see what you were actually hitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it should look something like the beams Zanzil uses in ZG.

It was so much better early on beta when it was huge. Much like the other shadowbolt glyph I think they just thought it got in the way too much and was too much visual effect.

Have to agree though, looks terrible now.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it a cone or a line, it's hard to tell
    and it is really skinny, nearly invisible

I too wish it was was a little more prominant, however spamming the old shadowflame purple smoke cone would be way too far on the other end of the invisible/distracting spectrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it was longer range it was problematic, since you'd be aoeing one trash pack then inadvertently nuking another with it as you ran around spamming it.

Why not make it a channel like the SC2 Void Ray. I like the idea of you can power it up the longer it's cast. This would put a buff on you that stacks void ray damage by x%. This buff would only last maybe 5-10sec and you need to hit something else with Void Ray to refresh it.

All the new Demonic graphics such as Carrion Swarm, Chaos Wave and Void Ray aswell are very hard to see

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    All the new Demonic graphics such as Carrion Swarm, Chaos Wave and Void Ray aswell are very hard to see
    Carrion swarm I can see fine, its just like the WC3 Dreadlord ability.

Chaos Wave I definetively have a problem see though, but its not as big of an issue since its full AoE, but a clearer graphic would be welcome.

What makes Void Ray so bad it the graphic horribly mismatches the area, and the graphic is shitty as hell on its own. We need tha graphic to be indicative on the area for our filler AoE spell if its gonna have positional requirements.

it reminds me of dragonball and picolos deathray attack so i like it :P
    and in a raid with all the 400 effects i can hardly see anything anyway. gul'dan - meta - hellfire + voidraid does it's party in bling bling.

but if it gets more bling why not. mostly since while you press it sometimes you don't get if it actualy hits all of them or not

WTB Kamehameha

it should look like this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Looks feeble, and isn't visible through the mobs you're nuking with it. It's a Demonic AoE attack, it deserves to be bigger and it would be immensely helpful in terms of targetting if I could see it when I spam it.

The old Shadowflame graphic would suffice.

That is all.

I miss my shadowflame.

I miss it so much.

Uhg.

/cry

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    it reminds me of dragonball and picolos deathray attack so i like it :P
    and in a raid with all the 400 effects i can hardly see anything anyway. gul'dan - meta - hellfire + voidraid does it's party in bling bling.

but if it gets more bling why not. mostly since while you press it sometimes you don't get if it actualy hits all of them or not

Special Beam Canon****

Really! Let's please repurpose that for something. Breathing purple flames was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    oh, you can see it!? You superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Zigmynd View Post
    oh, you can see it!? You superman!
    say what ?