Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    NV stacks affect Resplendent chests, "major" events grant an NV stack, I can go with that. Though I wonder what they mean by "major". I assume anything that starts a "new event".

New shrines cool, I always wondered if they were gonna add XP shrines to Inferno after Paragon.

Rest button on AH stats is nice, was hoping for that. I still want to be able to compare items on the AH to my equipped gear (it already shows up, so why not?)

I don't see the bug fix for the AH though. If you search a legendary by it's name, you can't sort by DPS.

For chat, the only thing I care about is needing to use the scroll button to scroll through the chat.

No major Monk changes, outside of the defensive changes we already knew about. No comment on any other classes.

Upgrading crafting mats is cool, but crafting is still too expensive for no worth. Needs more work.

Follower changes, interesting, but I don't see the Templar's heals being worth it still.

"Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty" Much better. Screw level 50 items in Inferno.

Well the ah changes seem good. Experience shrines are coming a bit late for me and I guess there was no way they could come up with an idea that doesn't break ww barbs while still satisfying the whiners. Buffing followers in the current state also seems quite dumb.

/player 8

Ubers

The AH changes are significant and welcome!

Item changes are good, specificly these ones Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level) !!! Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty Finally!

Seems like a good patch, now we just need pvp!
    Last edited by Yalingo; 2012-09-21 at 06:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Lots of great stuff in there.

However, since all the other classes feel really zzzzlow after playing ww barb for awhile, and I wouldn't be able to bother myself to start over with the paragon leveling on a new character, I will probably drop out of the game if ww barb playstyle turns out to be too fury starved after the coeff nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    Lots of great stuff in there.

However, since all the other classes feel really zzzzlow after playing ww barb for awhile, and I wouldn't be able to bother myself to start over with the paragon leveling on a new character, I will probably drop out of the game if ww barb playstyle turns out to be too fury starved after the coeff nerf.
    The coeff nerf just shifts damage from tornadoes to the actual WW. WW Fury reduced from 16 to 9 means we'll actually be fury capped most of the time. We will need to dump Fury by spamming Sprint and Battle Fury a lot more now to maintain WoTB uptime.

You will just have to WW more and not just run past mobs and watch them die. The sky isn't falling bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    The coeff nerf just shifts damage from tornadoes to the actual WW. WW Fury reduced from 16 to 9 means we'll actually be fury capped most of the time. We will need to dump Fury by spamming Sprint and Battle Fury a lot more now to maintain WoTB uptime.

You will just have to WW more and not just run past mobs and watch them die. The sky isn't falling bro.
    We'll see I guess.

You realise life on hit is completely butchered by this though? It drops from 20% to 8% and might make it impossible to stay up on hp with the new monster power levels and all.

Well, not saying the sky is falling and I will definately try it out after the patch. I'm pretty much locked in with my ww barb for d3 though, the other classes just felt stale after I discovered the magic of ww And if it's not doable anymore, there's nothing dramatic about moving on to other games.

My question is, Why do we have to create a account in order to login to the PTR, But before we could just use the same stuff as before??

I know you use the same stuff but, Why press a button?

most of changes are pretty amazing

highlights:

Players can now search for +Damage on off-hand items (I almost burst into tears after reading it)

A button has been added to allow players to quickly reset Preferred Stat filters to "None"

Jeweler Designs that drop in the world will now show up as Rare quality (yellow) to make them more visible on the ground

The cast time for identifying Rare items has been reduced to 1 second

Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad for WW Barbs, Like 10 messages in skype that the sky is falling and there going to another game ow

10+ Year Old Account
    What is "Players 8"???

It's in the very first line, but not explained..

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What is "Players 8"???

It's a command to make things harder pretty much an example well use 1.02 mob status + player added

/player 4

This will make the mobs have the health and damage if they were 4 players

Of course it has more rewards

Just sold up all my DH gear and went WW barb

0.2 proc -> 0.08 for run like the wind gg

Won't be playing this game for a while, I finally found something I really enjoyed in it and a few days later it's nerfed.

1.04 - "We don't have a problem with WW barbs"
    1.05 - "Proc coefficient reduced for run like the wind, LOL"

Wait and see how the PTR goes... I am just disappointed right now at Blizz changing their tune in one single patch. I can imagine Thrive on Chaos dying as the tornadoes from sprint hit so damn fast. Not even gonna play til I see what happens with it.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-09-21 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    There's basically 3 categories of changes, and this applies to all the patches not just this one.

1) They're going back to all the things they changed from D2 and saying "oops, that was a bad idea lets make it exactly like D2 was after all because that worked". /player8 for example.

2) Adding features which should arguably have been included in the original game in the first place, like sorting off-hands by DPS.

3) Class/mob rebalancing.

The only category which I find interesting to speculate on is #3, as far as that goes it seems to be headed in the right direction. The sky is not falling WW Barbs, worry not. Personally I find a playstyle that centers around WW a lot more appealing and fun than one which centers around farting tornadoes.

Also looking forward to this Uber Tristram. Or whatever they decided to call it, we all know it's Uber Diablo v2.0. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    The only category which I find interesting to speculate on is #3, as far as that goes it seems to be headed in the right direction. The sky is not falling WW Barbs, worry not. Personally I find a playstyle that centers around WW a lot more appealing and fun than one which centers around farting tornadoes.
    I guess personal conviction of what is more appealing aside the reduction in fury gain essentially does let the "sky fall" for ww/sprint barbs.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-09-21 at 11:55 AM.

Poor WW barbs, they can't clear as fast as before now...Awwwwww
    Seriously that WW specc is quite lame kind of silly that one class is full hp runs like the wind and kills anything in his path with zero downtime...

Quote Originally Posted by groparu View Post
    Poor WW barbs, they can't clear as fast as before now...Awwwwww
    Seriously that WW specc is quite lame kind of silly that one class is full hp runs like the wind and kills anything in his path with zero downtime...
    You have downtime farming with another class ? Probably should go farm in the prior act.

I like most of the changes. One of the things I don't like is the double nerf to our defensive stats. When they announced the nerf to defensive abilities, I was okay with it, because they said they were reducing mob damage overall, and if we continued to use our nerfed defensive abilities we'd still come out slightly ahead.

With the nerf to the Enchantress' powered armor, I don't think that's true anymore. I think this patch will be a net loss in survivability. On a side note, lol @ the inspiring presence buff. 2% Health up from 1%. If I switched back to my tank gear, that passive would give me over 1600 life regen. Seems legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What is "Players 8"???

It's a term from Diablo 2. *

In Diablo 3 it's called "Monster Power", and it goes from 1 to 10. By default it's set to 1, and you can manually set it higher to make the monsters tougher. Right now inferno is around 2-3, so if you want a tougher inferno, crank it up to anywhere from 4 to 10.

The higher Monster Power levels give you more experience and a boost to MF/GF.

* In Diablo 2, like in Diablo 3, the monsters scale in toughness anywhere from 1 player to 8 players as other players join your game on closed battle.net. To simulate this, there is a command called /players, which you can use to set the monster scaling to anywhere from 1 to 8; f.ex. /players 8, when you are playing a single player game.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-09-21 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    -Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)

Does this means that act 4 is now better than act 3 I wonder.