Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yep, that legendary ring is ludicrously good--downside is, of course, there goes 1/2 the ring market. (In more solo terms, this also means the likelihood that any dropped ring will be good for you is also halved.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And it's still a UNIQUE item with FOUR RANDOM PROPERTIES. Remember UBERS in Diablo 2? It wasn't a "leave game, make game, kill" scenario. Me and a friend farmed for hours trying to get the keys to drop, and after that, it was really freaking hard. If we assume a similar situation here, then an item with random properties isn't worth farming for, at all. You might as well farm regular mobs for rares.
    Considering the price for Leoric's ring, I disagree. This is like a Leoric's that is actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti View Post
    Yep, that legendary ring is ludicrously good--downside is, of course, there goes 1/2 the ring market. (In more solo terms, this also means the likelihood that any dropped ring will be good for you is also halved.)
    But this new ring is BOA and unsellable, or I missread smth.
    It will be hard to make such a ring, probably because loot and spawn of Uber bosses is totally random. Are materials sellable? I wish they are. Tell me they are Dont tell me that only ring is sellable

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    But this new ring is BOA and unsellable, or I missread smth.
    It will be hard to make such a ring, probably because loot and spawn of Uber bosses is totally random. Are materials sellable? I wish they are. Tell me they are Dont tell me that only ring is sellable
    Ring is BoA, yes, but it's like good quest rewards in WoW: if a BiS item exists and is provided by some easily repeatable solo mechanic, the market for said item slot disappears. So here we have an item that is either easily the best item in the game for that slot (if you are not paragon level 100), or very close to best in slot if you are. If the proc is any good at all, it gets even better.

Deleted
    Warcry - Impunity and Sprint - Run like the wind taking some pretty big hits.

However my single biggest concern is this, from the Jay Wilson interview

The Diablo team will often include Warcraft and Starcraft teams on ideas to get additional input.
    Not the WOW buffoons.. They have steadily destroyed that game for years now, please keep Diablo as far away from them as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti View Post
    Ring is BoA, yes, but it's like good quest rewards in WoW: if a BiS item exists and is provided by some easily repeatable solo mechanic, the market for said item slot disappears. So here we have an item that is either easily the best item in the game for that slot (if you are not paragon level 100), or very close to best in slot if you are. If the proc is any good at all, it gets even better.
    Well, there is no clear info about uber bosses ingame. Typical casual player who does not follow D3 news will probably never know that such "uber-boss mechanic + what ring u can get" even exists. Hence, such casual player wont even know the receipt. So the market is still there, only tightened a little.

And blizz is slowly adding "u want max paragon? haha, we bring u another grind fest which u will have to do, because we know that u would love faster paragon leveling...right? ^_^" mechanic. It is good to keep players busy, also it's not mandatory, but if one really wants paragons...35% bonus exp is alot of time saved. In the end, I...casual, am happy. This ring + perf leorics + best gem = 91% time saved <3
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-09-24 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Well, there is no clear info about uber bosses ingame. Typical casual player who does not follow D3 news will probably never know that such "uber-boss mechanic + what ring u can get" even exists. Hence, such casual player wont even know the receipt. So the market is still there, only tightened a little.
    Players like that don't buy the 50-200 million gold rings that the legendary is competing with in the first place. That's probably more gold than most players ever make.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Players like that don't buy the 50-200 million gold rings that the legendary is competing with in the first place. That's probably more gold than most players ever make.
    Dont forget about RMAH. They buy stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    /player 8

Ubers

The AH changes are significant and welcome!

Item changes are good, specificly these ones Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level) !!! Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty Finally!

Seems like a good patch, now we just need pvp!
    That alone is reason enough to love this patch, Lvl 50 items should never have dropped in the first place.

I still don't see a reason to start again. Bring the PvP!

WW barbs were fast and the intricate way the skills worked together was really neat. The other classes feel slow and one-dimensional in comparison. It's just like Blizzard to nerf the fun rather than buff the rest
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

Deleted
    Well, it seems like other acts will be viable as well next patch, a great change. Kind of tired of act 3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240#19

Well after spending a couple of hours on the PTR I can say that anyone who feels like complaining about drop rates after 1.05 can go surprise sex them selfs rectally, got 4 legendary items and more rares that I'd care to count, all jewelry is effectively i-lvl 63 now if you have MP turned on and all that differs on armor pieces is the armor.

What's considered a good item will change drastically over night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Well after spending a couple of hours on the PTR I can say that anyone who feels like complaining about drop rates after 1.05 can go surprise sex them selfs rectally, got 4 legendary items and more rares that I'd care to count, all jewelry is effectively i-lvl 63 now if you have MP turned on and all that differs on armor pieces is the armor.

What's considered a good item will change drastically over night.
    But...legendaries didn't get a drop buff, did they?

But...legendaries didn't get a drop buff, did they?
    For every MP you set you get 25% MF, at max 375% MF on live now you get around 1 legendary every 2 hours or so played, hence indirect increased drop rates, on top of this all mobs in MP 1 and above is lvl 63 and will make all items drop have the i-lvl 63 affix pool, only difference between different i-lvls becomes armor and base dps, on rings and amulets there is currently no difference at all as there is no base difference on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    For every MP you set you get 25% MF, at max 375% MF on live now you get around 1 legendary every 2 hours or so played, hence indirect increased drop rates, on top of this all mobs in MP 1 and above is lvl 63 and will make all items drop have the i-lvl 63 affix pool, only difference between different i-lvls becomes armor and base dps, on rings and amulets there is currently no difference at all as there is no base difference on them.
    So, legendaries haven't changed, and you got really lucky.

So, legendaries haven't changed, and you got really lucky.
    You do realize that by doubling your MF you effectively double your chance to get a legendary item right?

Either way I'm not the only one seeing this effect due to MP giving MF, if you chose to believe it or not is up to you I suppose.

Deleted
    So far, what i have tested in ptr, M6 is perfectly farmable for me, fast & efficient. At M8 some things are going to get abit trickier and had to change some skills to be able to do it in decent speed(into the fray to bloodshed and sprint marathon to leap).

M10 so far is beyond me(speed wise), or well, the only problem is that enormous amount of HP what mobs have. If it was for me, i would change just two things about monster lvl, up the dmg of mobs quite abit at higher lvls but lower their health by one third or smthing, that would make it more challenging but still farmable when you get the gear for it. Now its just a snooze fest with the same dmg than in live but a shitloads of more health / mob.

And oh, thats via Thrower Barb point of view.

Deleted
    You do realize that by doubling your MF you effectively double your chance to get a legendary item right?

Either way I'm not the only one seeing this effect due to MP giving MF, if you chose to believe it or not is up to you I suppose.
    Is it true that all Inferno Acts will have the same drop rates so that we can farm any Act we like without worrying about the i-lvl drop rates?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    Is it true that all Inferno Acts will have the same drop rates so that we can farm any Act we like without worrying about the i-lvl drop rates?
    Yes, if you set your monster lvl atleast to 1.