Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    What he said is correct, he's not saying Act 4 is good to farm, but that you would have to farm it and not act 3 if you wanted to simulate the effect of having MP active (making all monsters level 63) since act 3 has a mixture of 62 and 63 monsters and act 4 is just 63s.

    In short if you don't want to have MP active but do want all your stuff to roll level 63 affixes, you would have to farm act 4. If you kept farming act 3, some of your stuff would have level 62 affixes still.
    Can you provide a source for that? I keep up on blue posts to a criminally insane level, and I don't ever remember Blizzard saying that Act 3 has a mix of 62/63 mobs, and Google is providing no relevant information. The only mentions of that I can find in a Google search is someone that says it on Diablofans, (someone else in the thread asked him for a source and he didn't respond) and this thread.

    The way I see it, that's a pretty damn big deal. That would even mean that not all act 3 monsters originally had a chance to drop ilvl 63s, before item drops were changed to allow them to drop in all acts. And I've always considered that to be a baseless myth.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Can you provide a source for that? I keep up on blue posts to a criminally insane level, and I don't ever remember Blizzard saying that Act 3 has a mix of 62/63 mobs, and Google is providing no relevant information. The only mentions of that I can find in a Google search is someone that says it on Diablofans, (someone else in the thread asked him for a source and he didn't respond) and this thread.

    The way I see it, that's a pretty damn big deal. That would even mean that not all act 3 monsters originally had a chance to drop ilvl 63s, before item drops were changed to allow them to drop in all acts. And I've always considered that to be a baseless myth.
    Well, I always thought that Act 3 has a mixture of level 62 and 63 monsters but I can't provide you with a blue post saying that. However, I haven't found a blue post saying what you claim so unless a blue clear things up I will stick with what I currently think is true. The point is that if you are farming Act 3 right now, you should have no problem turning MP on (MP1) and farming Act 1/2/3 anyway.

    So basically MP1 will make all mobs 63 in all acts and every subsequent MP will only give 25 MF and GF, more exp as well as considerably increased difficulty?
    MP1 will give you +25% MF/GF as well!

    Last edited by Necroterror; 2012-10-12 at 08:14 PM.
    "No more tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering."

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    Well, I always thought that Act 3 has a mixture of level 62 and 63 monsters but I can't provide you with a blue post saying that. However, I haven't found a blue post saying what you claim so unless a blue clear things up I will stick with what I currently think is true. The point is that if you are farming Act 3 right now, you should have no problem turning MP on (MP1) and farming Act 1/2/3 anyway.


    MP1 will give you +25% MF/GF as well!
    I understand that, and I will happily pound act 1 at MP1, or whatever I decide is appropriate.

    But, if act 3 has a mix of 62/63 monsters, Blizzard lied when they said this. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/

    "June 28
    Items

    The drop rates for high-end items (items level 61-63) have been increased for Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty and Acts I – IV of Inferno difficulty:

    The new approximate drop rates are as follows:

    Hell – Act III and Act IV

    iLvl 61: 13.9%, up from 9%
    iLvl 62: 3.45%, up from 1.9%
    iLvl 63: 0% (no change)


    Inferno – Act I

    iLvl 61: 23.9%, up from 17.7%
    iLvl 62: 12.6%, up from 7.9%
    iLvl 63: 4.8%, up from 2.0%


    Inferno – Act II

    iLvl 61: 23.3%, up from 18.6%
    iLvl 62: 18.6%, up from 12.4%
    iLvl 63: 9.3%, up from 4.1%


    Inferno – Act III and Act IV

    iLvl 61: 27.1%, up from 24.1%
    iLvl 62: 21.7%, up from 16.1%
    iLvl 63: 16.3%, up from 8.0%"

    Because that states that Act 3 has the same drop rates as act 4, and that would be false if the levels were mixed for act 3. That also doesn't line up at all with my own personal experiences. When the game first came out, before all the nerfs to Inferno, when I cleared act 2, I hit a bit of a gear wall for a while in act 3. I was able to kill any act 2 pack, but all act 3 packs were a little out of my league, even the weakest ones like the demon dogs and demon troopers. In my tank build I was hitting enrage, and if I dropped any survivability I couldn't survive. I could barely handle some packs by picking things off one at a time and cooldown stacking with WOTB + Quake, and resetting to avoid the enrage, but if I ran into shielding, health link, invulnerable minions or extra health it was gg. If the level difference was real, then I would have been able to gib some packs easily, (the 62 ones) while still getting raped by the 63 packs.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  4. #144
    They did not lied, they just changed that. Now, it looks like that:
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/1378-...ts-more-glory/

    In Inferno at Monster Power 1 or greater, monsters in every Act will also be bumped up to level 63 and share the same high-end item drop rates. This means that no matter which act you're progressing through, the monsters in that act will all have the same shot at dropping items level 61-63, including crafting recipes, Legendary items, and set items. (...) While monsters in Inferno will all be level 63 at MP 1 through MP 10, their skills, abilities, and attributes will still vary from act to act. This means that certain Acts or Chapters may still be more difficult for you than others based on what monsters and Elite packs appear in each, but -- since the rewards will be identical across the entire difficulty -- where you choose to play is ultimately up to you and your personal play style.


    So @ MP1 it changes monsters to lvl 63 across all acts, so u have 8% for iLvL 63, regardless of if it's ACT I or IV.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-12 at 10:21 PM.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    They did not lied, they just changed that. Now, it looks like that:
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/1378-...ts-more-glory/




    So @ MP1 it changes monsters to lvl 63 across all acts, so u have 8% for iLvL 63, regardless of if it's ACT I or IV.
    What I said doesn't have anything to do with what you posted. I was talking about the level of monsters in act 3 from release up to the current live patch. I was not really talking about monster power.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  6. #146
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    They did not lied, they just changed that. Now, it looks like that:
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/1378-...ts-more-glory/




    So @ MP1 it changes monsters to lvl 63 across all acts, so u have 8% for iLvL 63, regardless of if it's ACT I or IV.
    Wow, thats sucks, its actually a huge nerf then.. there's a 16.x% chance of getting a level 63 item now.

    All the good legendary items and set items are 63.. so that basically means we get twice as much garbage and same change of getting anything good (over 2 times less with rare weapons).

    I sure hope thats not true.. more than 99.9% rares are worthless or almost worthless as it is.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I understand that, and I will happily pound act 1 at MP1, or whatever I decide is appropriate.

    But, if act 3 has a mix of 62/63 monsters, Blizzard lied when they said this. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/

    "June 28
    Items

    The drop rates for high-end items (items level 61-63) have been increased for Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty and Acts I – IV of Inferno difficulty:

    The new approximate drop rates are as follows:

    Hell – Act III and Act IV

    iLvl 61: 13.9%, up from 9%
    iLvl 62: 3.45%, up from 1.9%
    iLvl 63: 0% (no change)


    Inferno – Act I

    iLvl 61: 23.9%, up from 17.7%
    iLvl 62: 12.6%, up from 7.9%
    iLvl 63: 4.8%, up from 2.0%


    Inferno – Act II

    iLvl 61: 23.3%, up from 18.6%
    iLvl 62: 18.6%, up from 12.4%
    iLvl 63: 9.3%, up from 4.1%


    Inferno – Act III and Act IV

    iLvl 61: 27.1%, up from 24.1%
    iLvl 62: 21.7%, up from 16.1%
    iLvl 63: 16.3%, up from 8.0%"

    Because that states that Act 3 has the same drop rates as act 4, and that would be false if the levels were mixed for act 3. That also doesn't line up at all with my own personal experiences. When the game first came out, before all the nerfs to Inferno, when I cleared act 2, I hit a bit of a gear wall for a while in act 3. I was able to kill any act 2 pack, but all act 3 packs were a little out of my league, even the weakest ones like the demon dogs and demon troopers. In my tank build I was hitting enrage, and if I dropped any survivability I couldn't survive. I could barely handle some packs by picking things off one at a time and cooldown stacking with WOTB + Quake, and resetting to avoid the enrage, but if I ran into shielding, health link, invulnerable minions or extra health it was gg. If the level difference was real, then I would have been able to gib some packs easily, (the 62 ones) while still getting raped by the 63 packs.
    The reason it's potentially confusing is that, as I understand it, drop ilevels/rates are currently based on what Act you're doing, making what you linked correct, for now. With the next patch, item drop ilevels/rates are governed by what level the monster is that you killed, not what act you killed it in. I think. Oh well, now what I wrote sounds wrong to me as well. Meh.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 09:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Wow, thats sucks, its actually a huge nerf then.. there's a 16.x% chance of getting a level 63 item now.

    All the good legendary items and set items are 63.. so that basically means we get twice as much garbage and same change of getting anything good (over 2 times less with rare weapons).

    I sure hope thats not true.. more than 99.9% rares are worthless or almost worthless as it is.
    Remember that the drop rate on legendary/set items is being doubled, and that when you have MP active, everything which drops will roll with level 63 affixes. This might go some way to reducing the impact of this change, since it means that the level 58-62 legendary items which are currently mostly crap, as well as the 58-62 rares, will be potentially stronger.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Wow, thats sucks, its actually a huge nerf then.. there's a 16.x% chance of getting a level 63 item now.
    How did you come to that number? The image even shows the current drop rates.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    -
    Yeah, I agree with you that monster packs are harder in Act 3 and I have hit that 'wall' myself. But the drop rates don't mean anything since the loot is determined by the act and not the level of the monsters. So, a level 50 monster in Act 3 has still an 8% chance to drop a level 63 item! Both Acts have the same drop rates but Act 4 took me quite a while to master and followed a more defensive approach while almost face-rolling Act 3. So that might not be the same as the 'wall' between Act 2/3 but it was still a 'step' up in difficulty for me.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all if they came out and said "All monsters in Act 3 and 4 are level 63" but allow me a small window of doubt until they do
    "No more tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering."

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you that monster packs are harder in Act 3 and I have hit that 'wall' myself. But the drop rates don't mean anything since the loot is determined by the act and not the level of the monsters. So, a level 50 monster in Act 3 has still an 8% chance to drop a level 63 item! Both Acts have the same drop rates but Act 4 took me quite a while to master and followed a more defensive approach while almost face-rolling Act 3. So that might not be the same as the 'wall' between Act 2/3 but it was still a 'step' up in difficulty for me.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all if they came out and said "All monsters in Act 3 and 4 are level 63" but allow me a small window of doubt until they do
    I'm fairly certain they have said before that, (like way back when the game first came out) that item drops are determined by the monster's level, period. Saying that act 3 has x drop rates is basically just a shorter and less confusing way of saying that all act 3 monsters are y level, therefore the drop rates are x.

    And I would have noticed if back then some monsters were 62, while some were 63. There was too much of a difference in stats between them. 63 Monsters used to have like 5 times the health of 62s.

    Act 4 will always feel like a big step up from act 3 simply due to the base mob types. Morlu Incinerators are the hardest hitting ranged mobs in the game, Mallet Lords are the hardest hitting melee mobs in the game, Overseers hit for a fuckload with their channeled AoE, and Corrupted Angels are tanky as balls. Add to that the fact that act 4 is filled with Succubi, (their ranged attack reduces armor by 50% for tanks, which usually knocks off a few hundred thousand effective health) and you have a recipe for a wipe fest.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  11. #151

    Is patch 1.05 to be released tomorrow??

    Anyone know, I have had a few people say yes but cannot confirm.

  12. #152
    Let me take a look at my crystal ball...

  13. #153
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,064
    DiabloFans guesses yes, since the patch files have hit the download server. But, as always, we never know until it happens.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  14. #154
    I am stoked for this patch. I have been re-building my Barb with it in mind. Going sword and board, 100k dps and solid defensive stats and I *think* I can do 6-7 ok...going to depend I guess, on speed vs reward.

  15. #155
    There's something I'm very surprised I haven't seen more discussion on. The Infernal Machine only spawns one portal, and then you have to craft it again. This means the uber bosses you get are random. This makes it a lot more difficult to craft the Hellfire Ring.

    What I want to know is, can you craft 3 Infernal Machines, and use them all in one game, to guarantee getting one of each portal?
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  16. #156
    I would assume it's random each time. So even if you crafted 3 portals in one game, nothing would guarantee you'd not get the same two bosses in each portal.

    That said, I would be very surprised if it's not a one portal per game kinda thing. Either by virtue of only being allowed to have one instance of each piece in your inventory at any given time, or by virtue of the fact that the portal opens to a physical location, and a second portal would just take you back to the same arena that you just cleared.

    All of this is me talking out my ass though. I don't bother with betas, so I've not tried it out yet.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

  17. #157
    The way I understood it opening 3 portals in the same game will result in one of each set of bosses, not payed much attention last few weeks though as Blizzard seems set on their wizard changes.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  18. #158
    Lots of great changes and additions coming in this patch. The only thing that I hate, changes to Wizards Energy Armor......

    "Energy Armor
    Armor bonus reduced from 65% to 35%
    Skill Rune – Prismatic Armor
    Resistance bonus reduced from 40% to 25%"

    I think that my build and gear will all have to change because of this...

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Lots of great changes and additions coming in this patch. The only thing that I hate, changes to Wizards Energy Armor......

    "Energy Armor
    Armor bonus reduced from 65% to 35%
    Skill Rune – Prismatic Armor
    Resistance bonus reduced from 40% to 25%"

    I think that my build and gear will all have to change because of this...
    But monster damage is also reduced across the board.

  20. #160
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Lots of great changes and additions coming in this patch. The only thing that I hate, changes to Wizards Energy Armor......

    "Energy Armor
    Armor bonus reduced from 65% to 35%
    Skill Rune – Prismatic Armor
    Resistance bonus reduced from 40% to 25%"

    I think that my build and gear will all have to change because of this...
    The point was to make defensive stats less mandatory, so they nerfed them while nerfing all damage in inferno by 25%.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •