Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    I'm not sure about this but the other items that have movement speed on them besides boots are legendaries/sets, right? So you can just change your search to include only legendary items. I doubt there will be 46 pages of legendary boots.
    No, but I got sick of clicking after 20 pages or so. It's annoying, and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    The Enchantress can now give 6% damage reduction from ranged attacks which is quite good though.
    Yeah that might be a way to go, at a glance it seems more valuable than the extra armor after it's being nerfed.

I see no reason to run the Enchantress over the Scoundrel now. The Scoundrel was already really really good, and he's getting some huge damage buffs. If anything, the Enchantress would now be my last choice. If I want to maximize MF, I'd go with the Templar. With the buffs he's getting and the nerfs the Enchantress is getting it's not a big deal to use him now. If I was going for maximum effectiveness, I'd just go with the Scoundrel for the deeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I see no reason to run the Enchantress over the Scoundrel now. The Scoundrel was already really really good, and he's getting some huge damage buffs. If anything, the Enchantress would now be my last choice. If I want to maximize MF, I'd go with the Templar. With the buffs he's getting and the nerfs the Enchantress is getting it's not a big deal to use him now. If I was going for maximum effectiveness, I'd just go with the Scoundrel for the deeps.
    Well I got around 125k dps so defensive stats are more important to me as I'd prefer to scale m-lvl as high as possible, so the range damage reduction isn't all that bad of an option.

The templar will still be shit from the looks of it, to be of any real use he would have to be able to hold agro, something the enchantress is better at (messed up but that's how it is). The scoundrel is better for pure dps but he can't provide MF properly hence the enchantress is the better choice from my perspective.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-09-22 at 08:29 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She has an MF weapon in terms of my enchantress so I can't use scondrel -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no reason to care about Follower's MF with paragon levels and the MF cap. Then again, the 3k damage my enchantress does with her little attack doesn't really feel like much when I'm critting for 100-200k sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I see no reason to care about Follower's MF with paragon levels and the MF cap.
    Paragon levels takes a fair while to build up and follower MF saves you one piece with it your self.

Then again, the 3k damage my enchantress does with her little attack doesn't really feel like much when I'm critting for 100-200k sometimes.
    Well 3k DPS is 3k DPS, if you don't care for the MF throw her a Maximus and get the occasional demon hitting fairly hard if I understood it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Well I got around 125k dps so defensive stats are more important to me as I'd prefer to scale m-lvl as high as possible, so the range damage reduction isn't all that bad of an option.

The templar will still be shit from the looks of it, to be of any real use he would have to be able to hold agro, something the enchantress is better at (messed up but that's how it is). The scoundrel is better for pure dps but he can't provide MF properly hence the enchantress is the better choice from my perspective.
    You seen how much HP mobs have with 10 Monster Power? 125k Dps after the patch is like 20k now. And running with higher monster power will probably be a lot more than the 5 or so extra MF you get by not using the Scoundrel.

You seen how much HP mobs have with 10 Monster Power? 125k Dps after the patch is like 20k now. And running with higher monster power will probably be a lot more than the 5 or so extra MF you get by not using the Scoundrel.
    Scoundrel really doesn't give that much extra dps, the difference between the buffs for me is around 3k, might switch weapon on her to a Maximus though for the demon proc. As far as m-lvl goes, I'm not sure I'll set it as high as 10 but will try to find what level benefits me the most, the extra MF that it gives will provide more 6 affix and legendary items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some datamined info available on DiabloFans. The new ring's stats:

170-200 Of your stat (Dex/strn/int) or 100 vit
    4 random props
    Increased XP by 35%
    Chance to launch an explosive ball of Hellfire when you attack

So...meh. It's just an XP boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    /player 8

Ubers

The AH changes are significant and welcome!

Item changes are good, specificly these ones Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level) !!! Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty Finally!

Seems like a good patch, now we just need pvp!
    I'm actually not a big fan of the item changes. I know it goes contrary to common sense and a lot of people will disagree, but every time they make getting better items easier, it seems like the economy and the long-term motivation to play dies a little more.

What's going to keep people playing when max-rolled ilvl 63 weapons are super-common? (They're already pretty damn common, for that matter.) I guess PVP is their answer to that, but PVE seems like its being shepherded more and more into a "game's over, wait for the next expansion" place.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti View Post
    I'm actually not a big fan of the item changes. I know it goes contrary to common sense and a lot of people will disagree, but every time they make getting better items easier, it seems like the economy and the long-term motivation to play dies a little more.

What's going to keep people playing when max-rolled ilvl 63 weapons are super-common? (They're already pretty damn common, for that matter.) I guess PVP is their answer to that, but PVE seems like its being shepherded more and more into a "game's over, wait for the next expansion" place.
    Don't think it will work that way, the way I read it the change will have a bigger effect on low level items dropped by high level monsters, the opposite goes for high level items dropped by low level monsters, a way to scale loot with difficulty.

As in i-lvl 63 items dropped in act 1 by level 60 mobs will have worse pool of affixes to draw from than if it had dropped from a level 63 mob in act 3. Would suspect that they are changing how mob level work behind the scenes as well with the new scalable difficulty.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-09-23 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Don't think it will work that way, the way I read it the change will have a bigger effect on low level items dropped by high level monsters, the opposite goes for high level items dropped by low level monsters, a way to scale loot with difficulty.

As in i-lvl 63 items dropped in act 1 by level 60 mobs will have worse pool of affixes to draw from than if it had dropped from a level 63 mob in act 3. Would suspect that they are changing how mob level work behind the scenes as well with the new scalable difficulty.
    Yep, but most people are already farming in Act 3. The last patch that made Inferno easier across the board pushed a lot of people into Act 3 who couldn't do it before. As a result, the value of rares dropped to about 10% of their former value. Next patch, game gets even easier, so that's even more supply with even less demand. Then you have the ilvl change--as it is right now, most of what you find in Act 3 isn't even capable of rolling the best affixes.

(Weapons of ilvl 61-62 can roll up to 63 affixes rarely, but not everything else.)

Now after the change, every item you find can roll 63 affixes. This balloons the supply of possibly-useful items exponentially. We're going to be struggling to sell 1000 DPS open socket weapons for 100K. All of which is great for someone just looking to buy on the cheap the items needed to have fun destroying Inferno once (that elusive "casual" market, I guess), but finishes the job of decimating what was left of an actual market for items, and hence longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti View Post
    Yep, but most people are already farming in Act 3. The last patch that made Inferno easier across the board pushed a lot of people into Act 3 who couldn't do it before. As a result, the value of rares dropped to about 10% of their former value. Next patch, game gets even easier, so that's even more supply with even less demand. Then you have the ilvl change--as it is right now, most of what you find in Act 3 isn't even capable of rolling the best affixes.

(Weapons of ilvl 61-62 can roll up to 63 affixes rarely, but not everything else.)

Now after the change, every item you find can roll 63 affixes. This balloons the supply of possibly-useful items exponentially. We're going to be struggling to sell 1000 DPS open socket weapons for 100K. All of which is great for someone just looking to buy on the cheap the items needed to have fun destroying Inferno once (that elusive "casual" market, I guess), but finishes the job of decimating what was left of an actual market for items, and hence longevity.
    You might be right, they might have changed how monster levels work "under the hood" though with the new scalable monsters, so the difficulty we know now might not be able to roll the highest affixes, if you are right though I'd say it's horrible for the game as a whole so I hope they have reworked the whole system.

Some datamined info available on DiabloFans. The new ring's stats:

170-200 Of your stat (Dex/strn/int) or 100 vit
    4 random props
    Increased XP by 35%
    Chance to launch an explosive ball of Hellfire when you attack

So...meh. It's just an XP boost.
    I think the ring is incredible. It always rolls a core stat, and it gets 4 other props? And idk about you, but I almost never see rings with over 120 of a core stat. In fact, searching on the US AH right now, if I filter out legendary rings, the highest core stat I see is an int ring with 178. On a normal ring, getting over 100 of a core stat consumes 2 properties. For example, to roll that much strength, you need the +strength affix, and the +strength/vitality affix.

Most items that you get will be 4 property. Not only are 5 and 6 property items comparatively uncommon, (based on some data I've read 6 prop items make up less than 10% of all rares dropped, and that's accounting for the rigged ones) but it's actually even worse than that. Some drops are "rigged" to be 4 prop. Specifically, the guaranteed rare that you get for killing a pack with 5 stack NV is always 4 prop.

So this is basically a guaranteed 6 prop ring, with 2 of the properties rolling more of a core stat than is possible. And it's got bonus xp and a proc. Without the xp and the proc, this ring could easily craft as better than any 6 prop rare ring, some of which go for hundreds of millions of gold easily. If the proc is also good, this ring will be BIS for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the ring is incredible. It always rolls a core stat, and it gets 4 other props? And idk about you, but I almost never see rings with over 120 of a core stat. In fact, searching on the US AH right now, if I filter out legendary rings, the highest core stat I see is an int ring with 178. On a normal ring, getting over 100 of a core stat consumes 2 properties. For example, to roll that much strength, you need the +strength affix, and the +strength/vitality affix.

Most items that you get will be 4 property. Not only are 5 and 6 property items comparatively uncommon, (based on some data I've read 6 prop items make up less than 10% of all rares dropped, and that's accounting for the rigged ones) but it's actually even worse than that. Some drops are "rigged" to be 4 prop. Specifically, the guaranteed rare that you get for killing a pack with 5 stack NV is always 4 prop.

So this is basically a guaranteed 6 prop ring, with 2 of the properties rolling more of a core stat than is possible. And it's got bonus xp and a proc. Without the xp and the proc, this ring could easily craft as better than any 6 prop rare ring, some of which go for hundreds of millions of gold easily. If the proc is also good, this ring will be BIS for everyone.
    And it's still a UNIQUE item with FOUR RANDOM PROPERTIES. Remember UBERS in Diablo 2? It wasn't a "leave game, make game, kill" scenario. Me and a friend farmed for hours trying to get the keys to drop, and after that, it was really freaking hard. If we assume a similar situation here, then an item with random properties isn't worth farming for, at all. You might as well farm regular mobs for rares.

Some drops are "rigged" to be 4 prop. Specifically, the guaranteed rare that you get for killing a pack with 5 stack NV is always 4 prop.
    Incorrect.

From the wall of text at http://www.diablofans.com/topic/5793...-insight/#S2-6

"There is one interesting question that is currently unanswered: Is it possible that MF can have an effect on the guaranteed rare drop so it may be a set or legendary item instead? It will be very difficult reaching such a conclusion, however, it has been found that the guaranteed rare drop can be rolled as a legendary item rather than the rare quality (proof - .jpg, screenshot).
    This means that the roll is set to 100% at the 4-affix rare quality level so that an item of 4-affix rare quality will always drop, but there is still a chance of rolling the legendary quality. As a reminder, the rolling process goes

Legendary
    --> 6-affix rare
    -----> 5-affix rare
    --------> 4-affix rare

If it does not hit legendary, 6A or 5A, then it will at least be 4A."

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23390546/D3/..._legendary.jpg

And it's still a UNIQUE item with FOUR RANDOM PROPERTIES. Remember UBERS in Diablo 2? It wasn't a "leave game, make game, kill" scenario. Me and a friend farmed for hours trying to get the keys to drop, and after that, it was really freaking hard. If we assume a similar situation here, then an item with random properties isn't worth farming for, at all. You might as well farm regular mobs for rares.
    I never played D2, so your reference is a little lost on me.

And I suppose it really depends on how much time it takes to farm the stuff for the ring. If it only takes a few hours to make it, I'd spend a day or two until I got a semi-decent craft with strength/crit/crit damage. How valuable the ring is for the time that you invest will also be determined by how you have to farm it. If you can incorporate ring farming into an otherwise normal run, it will be very good.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeadpoolRisen View Post
    Incorrect.

From the wall of text at http://www.diablofans.com/topic/5793...-insight/#S2-6

"There is one interesting question that is currently unanswered: Is it possible that MF can have an effect on the guaranteed rare drop so it may be a set or legendary item instead? It will be very difficult reaching such a conclusion, however, it has been found that the guaranteed rare drop can be rolled as a legendary item rather than the rare quality (proof - .jpg, screenshot).
    This means that the roll is set to 100% at the 4-affix rare quality level so that an item of 4-affix rare quality will always drop, but there is still a chance of rolling the legendary quality. As a reminder, the rolling process goes

Legendary
    --> 6-affix rare
    -----> 5-affix rare
    --------> 4-affix rare

If it does not hit legendary, 6A or 5A, then it will at least be 4A."

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23390546/D3/..._legendary.jpg
    My mistake, you are correct. I still think this ring will be fucking great in the long run. Though we will have to see what the proc actually does before we can determine its true worth.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-09-23 at 04:59 PM.

Only if you assume that no other items drop, the ring is a crafted items hence I'd assume the materials to make it will be semi rare but still something you get along the way while farming for other items, the fact that it's BoA makes me think it won't be to hard to make and something Blizz wants all players that can manage the content to obtain.

WOW!!! gj blizzard add stuff that should have been in beta!!