1. #1

    Free transfers limited to once per 24h

    "We want to give you a heads up: Starting with the new WvW rotation tomorrow, we will limit the free World transfer to one transfer every 24h. This should address some of the unwanted WvW exploits we have seen, while still giving people the opportunity to switch a server to play with their friends."

    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Every-24-Hours
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

  2. #2
    Thank god, sick of Vabbi EU exploiting it.
    You may remember me from such threads as!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...18#post8213418

  3. #3
    Pit Lord Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,312
    Simple solution, effective, and not very restrictive. Yay!

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,684
    This seems MORE than fair. Yay!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  5. #5
    What was the exploit really? Joining winning servers and jump around like that? With the long queues on every kind of high pop server who even has patience for that? Personally I just skipped wvwvw altogether now since I dont have time for hours of queues with the little game time I have, so it's just a feature not available to me. Shame, because it's fun.
    Anyway, I already thought some cd was in place for server swapping because it would make sense, seems like it wasn't so it's probably a good idea to add one. Even though I dont understand how they could exploit, swap around big servers just put you in endless queues.. which it must have been since swapping to boost smaller server is probably working as intended since ANet is promoting swaps to smaller servers. Too bad you dont get to take your guild with you and lose all upgrades.
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  6. #6
    Should also stop the Orichalcum ore server switching exploit.

  7. #7
    What was the exploit really?
    more than one exploit

    just some:
    ppl from losing servers go to winning servers to make 100% explorer - queue a lot longer
    ppl go to enemy server to waste supplys there for useless things
    ppl use this to farm Ores with 24h spawntimer

    and so on

  8. #8
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    9,854
    I'm really glad they are recognising that there are a number of serious exploits right now relating to the free server transfers; but I really am pretty disappointed that this is being implemented without guesting being live considering how much emphasis was placed on PvE content being doable with friends on any server. A 24 hour lockout is a pain for people with multiple friends who were using transferring legitimately to do DE's and content with different people during a single day.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    If you're interested in Elder Scrolls Online, check out our Megathread.
    We have an ESO EU MMOC Social / Trade Guild, PM me your username to join or for more information.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Vexies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Posts
    978
    Yep this was needed. Sadly you cant give the community toys with out restrictions and expect them to not exploit it. Glad to see them get a handle on it while still maintaining functionality.

  10. #10
    Not sure why this wasn't implemented to begin with. Seems like common sense.

    The damage's been done

  11. #11
    Epic! barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,601
    RUIN gaming was quite critiziced for it.

  12. #12
    While I think it's a good change, I'm a bit worried about explorer. 24h is not too problematic, but whenever they choose to up it to the designated limit, 100% explorer on a not so good WvW server could get nearly impossible to achieve.

    I think WvW should NOT be included in explorer. would also reduce the amount of people in WvW which actually don't want to pvp

  13. #13
    Pit Lord Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    While I think it's a good change, I'm a bit worried about explorer. 24h is not too problematic, but whenever they choose to up it to the designated limit, 100% explorer on a not so good WvW server could get nearly impossible to achieve.

    I think WvW should NOT be included in explorer. would also reduce the amount of people in WvW which actually don't want to pvp
    Using transfers for explorer is also probably not an intended benefit of them. Just wait for resets to shift locations, and if your realm can't get Stonemist, well, that's something your realm needs to figure out.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Using transfers for explorer is also probably not an intended benefit of them. Just wait for resets to shift locations, and if your realm can't get Stonemist, well, that's something your realm needs to figure out.
    well technically the mists is not part of tyria
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  15. #15
    do yous think theyll change it back to pay to transfer? i havnt heard much about it :S

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanstrakk View Post
    do yous think theyll change it back to pay to transfer? i havnt heard much about it :S
    Yep, eventually they'll change it to costing gems for each transfer, increasing the lockout to 1 week, and adjust the gem cost for transfer dynamically based on the population of the target world (highest price for high population worlds, lowest price for low population worlds).

  17. #17
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fallen from Heaven
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    RUIN gaming was quite critiziced for it.
    I believe this was a major part of why they changed it to 24 hours. It does disappoint me because (don't hate me, please!) I've been a member of this organization for well over a month...I don't agree with what some of the leader/officers were doing but I'm also at fault because I didn't step up and say anything, not that it would have done anything more than gotten me kicked out.

    During one of the weeks my server fought oceanic servers and we were 200k+ ahead by the end of the game period and bored, the guild leader and some of the officers apparently would server transfer to one of the servers we were fighting and try to recruit people from their map chats to join our server...while sitting in their trebuchets so that they were unable to use them on our walls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanstrakk View Post
    do yous think theyll change it back to pay to transfer? i havnt heard much about it :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Yep, eventually they'll change it to costing gems for each transfer, increasing the lockout to 1 week, and adjust the gem cost for transfer dynamically based on the population of the target world (highest price for high population worlds, lowest price for low population worlds).
    I'm sure and I think it has always been the plan to change it to a paid transfer with a longer lockout, however who knows when they will implement it. Even a 24-hour cooldown has been a detriment to people changing servers to work on world completion, whether that be going to the WvW area that holds the keep they need, or simply changing to deal with one of the many, MANY bugged skill points.

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Even a 24-hour cooldown has been a detriment to people changing servers to work on world completion, whether that be going to the WvW area that holds the keep they need, or simply changing to deal with one of the many, MANY bugged skill points.
    Once they get the guesting system working (one of the criticism I have with GW2, the amount of time it's taken for that to kick in), that'll solve any kind of "can't do this on this world right now" problem, save WvWvW-related issues.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Once they get the guesting system working (one of the criticism I have with GW2, the amount of time it's taken for that to kick in), that'll solve any kind of "can't do this on this world right now" problem, save WvWvW-related issues.
    at least you can guest for dungeons

    i thought that wasnt in game until a few days ago

    that said i do really think they should have added guesting a few weeks ago
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire Vlad Morbius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    355
    I haven’t really been involved in WvW but have many friends doing it and from their feedback, server hoping or “Locust Gaming” especially due to these free transfers is really negatively affecting WvW. Wouldn’t it make sense to put some limitations on the transfers as well even if they are strictly related to WvW maps? It seems like this whole mess will likely kill WvW at some point if not brought under control.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •