whos the biggest ball hog in NBA?

out of these three who do you think is the player that wouldn't pass the most?

1.Kobe Bryant
    2. Russell Westbrook
    3.Carmelo Anthony

I personally believe Kobe to be the biggest ball hog, He shoots 10 to 20 shots more than any other player per game.
    Doesnt score more just shoots more.

Followed second by Russell Westbrook, when you have a player like Kevin Durant on your team there is no need to be taking the most shots when he is obviously the best player.

Third is Carmelo Anthony, yes he is a ball hog i think thats all he knows how to do. And he isn't more of a hog than the other two mentioned.

Mello, kobe is a close second at times, but he usually gets his act together when in matters(playoffs) while melo just engulfs the ball regardless of situation. On top of that even when kobe is ball hogging he at least still plays defense. Westbrook, while at times takes too many shots, still has gets more assists per game then either of the two. Melo should not be considered a superstar, I mean he is a really good role player, he can score a lot in iso and thats it, like a jason terry.

Kobe takes like 400 more shots than anyone, every year.

Carmello is more of a blackhole (nothing comes back from the black hole including the ball).

Kobe is the biggest ball hog, carmello is the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Kobe takes like 400 more shots than anyone, every year.

Carmello is more of a blackhole (nothing comes back from the black hole including the ball).

Kobe is the biggest ball hog, carmello is the worse.
    I think Kobe is the worst considering Carmello is more efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    My man Kobe Bryant, and I aint even made. Only person it really works for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a season ticket holder for the Thunder the last few years (moved away :<), a big fan of Westbrook and I say he is far from a ball hog. He can hold on to the ball all he wants because I know Durant will get more than his fair share. Melo and Kobe on the other hand, yes without a doubt but I love those guys.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a real easy way to look at this completely objectively. (Field goal attempts+ turnovers)/assists. That gives you basically the number of possessions used per assist. I did this for the top 50 NBA players in shot attempts last year.
    NBA leaders in possessions used per assist:
    1. Amare Stoudemire 14.8
    2. Brooks Lopez 13.8
    3. DeMarcus Cousins 11.4
    4. Andrew Bynum 11.3
    5. Kevin love 10.8
    6. Danny Granger 9.4
    7. Marcus Thornton 9.1
    8. Chris Bosh 9.1
    10. Bargnani 8.9
    11. Antawan Jamison 8.75
    12. Dwight Howard 8.7
    13. Drik Nowitzki 8.5
    14. Al Jefferson 8.3
    15. Rudy Gay 8.2

I'm sure you can spot one slight issue with this analysis. Most of the top players are centers who rarely pass, so lets remove them from the data. I'm including STAT because he is a true PF who had an actual center on his team this year. I'm also excluding Kevin Love, Dirk, etc. who have literally zero other consistent options on their teams. So, my list of the 5 biggest ball hogs in the NBA:
    1. Amare Stoudemire NYK 14.8 possessions used per one assists
    2. Danny Granger IND 9.4
    3. Marcus Thornton SAC 9.1
    4. Antawan Jamison CLE 8.75
    5. Rudy Gay MEM 8.2

In terms of who uses the most possessions without getting their team involved, those guys are the worst and STAT is up there by a mile. If you want to exclude even PFS:
    1. Marcus Thornton SAC 9.1
    2. Rudy Gay MEM 8.2
    3. Demar DeRozen TOR 8.2
    4. David Lee GSW 6.7
    5. Kevin Durant OKC 6.7
    6. Carmelo Anthony 5.9
    7. Tayshaun Prince 5.8
    8. Kobe Bryant 5.8

SO STAT or Marcus Thornton is the greediest player in the NBA.

The least greediest of the top 50 shooters:
    1. Chris Paul 1.9
    2. John Wall 2.2
    3. Tony Parker 2.3
    4. Jarret Jack 2.4
    5. Deron Williams 2.5