Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Quick question: anyone know the exact amount of haste rating needed to reach 50% fully raid buffed? (no goblin).

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I have a habit of clipping flame shock quite early sometimes (like 15s remaining) is that a dps loss?
    It's a dps loss for sure yes. Don't think it's that big of a loss, although clipping them halfway is really really quick. Everytime you use a global you could've used a lightning bolt or perhaps an earth shock/fulmination (I'm assuming you don't clip em when you can lava burst). Assuming a 6 minute fight for example, in a perfect scenario you'd only need to flame shock 12 times. If you clip em at 25 seconds instead, you'd need 15 flame shock casts, so 3 extra, which won't be a huge loss. Clipping them halfway pretty much means you lose 2 lightning bolt or earth shock/fulminations per minute which can add up, or can easily mess up your shock cd so you extend even more fulminations.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Quick question: anyone know the exact amount of haste rating needed to reach 50% fully raid buffed? (no goblin).
    Think that's 18.200 haste rating with the 5% spell haste buff.

    Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    Okay.. so if I sorted all that, which I plan to do, you're saying I'll be keeping up with the people who have upwards of 100k DPS? Just find it hard to see how those few things would gain me 20-30k DPS.

    Cheers!

    It's not insignificant, especially the meta gem if you can nab it

  4. #524
    At how many targets is it a DPS increase to use Lava Beam over Lava Burst during Ascendance?

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmen View Post
    At how many targets is it a DPS increase to use Lava Beam over Lava Burst during Ascendance?
    5+ that are going to survive the entire duration of Lava Beam Ascendance
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

  6. #526
    It's to my understanding that when there are 3 or more targets that you can CL it'll do the most damage if you don't need to focus one down. This should mean that Lava beam does more damage than lavaburst on 3 targets or more, I'm not sure about 2 but i think it's very close there aswell.

    This does not mean it's always good to use Lava Beam for AoE as your singletarget gains alot more from it then you AoE does sometimes, but if you're doing it purerly for the number crunching I think it's worth using it at 3 targets. Please correct me if I'm wrong here!

  7. #527
    Well, beam spam can generate HUGE numbers. Id say its worth using even on 4 targets over single target, if they stay alive the entire duration, I was easily peaking over 1M dps on durumu, while CL wasnt nearly as dominant (i think it was like 400k dps between the two give or take), LvB doesnt provide nearly as much to single target to justify not using it on 5 and I woudlnt be suprised if the same went for 4 targets, after all, while both dont scale well with haste, beam scales a little better with mastery up to like 80% or so and more importantly, it scales with crit.

  8. #528
    Alright. I'm a 13/13H ele shaman. I feel like I know quite a bit about my class.

    That being said. I have a guildmate who leveled an ele sham and comes to me with his questions. He asked me one, and I think about it ALL the time, but never actually looked into it. And now I'm quite curious. Lol.

    If FS falls off as LvB is in mid-air, do you lose the damage buff when it hits the target?

    Or.

    If FS is not on the target, is it possible to apply it while LvB is still in flight and gain the damage buff?

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Umira View Post
    Alright. I'm a 13/13H ele shaman. I feel like I know quite a bit about my class.

    That being said. I have a guildmate who leveled an ele sham and comes to me with his questions. He asked me one, and I think about it ALL the time, but never actually looked into it. And now I'm quite curious. Lol.

    If FS falls off as LvB is in mid-air, do you lose the damage buff when it hits the target?

    Or.

    If FS is not on the target, is it possible to apply it while LvB is still in flight and gain the damage buff?

    Yes, Consider the Time of Inpact the time the Dots Are checked.
    Also GZ on the 13 hc kills XD

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Umira View Post
    Alright. I'm a 13/13H ele shaman. I feel like I know quite a bit about my class.

    That being said. I have a guildmate who leveled an ele sham and comes to me with his questions. He asked me one, and I think about it ALL the time, but never actually looked into it. And now I'm quite curious. Lol.

    If FS falls off as LvB is in mid-air, do you lose the damage buff when it hits the target?

    Or.

    If FS is not on the target, is it possible to apply it while LvB is still in flight and gain the damage buff?
    effect like this are always calculated at the moment of finished cast, not on hit (like shatter combo,) so as long as FlS was on the target when you finished cast, it will benefit.

  11. #531
    To clarify:

    First Scenario: You do not loose the damage buff

    second scenario: You do not get the damage buff

  12. #532
    Hi all. I need some help to improve my dps. It s disappointing to make lower dps than ppl with lower gear score than me.
    Im not allowed to post link atm but can you check from my armory ? shamygoo - Azuremyst Eu

  13. #533
    Hey all. I was just wondering what my DPS should be on a target dummy and if there's any mistakes in my gear.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ennyo/advanced

  14. #534
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by pampatine View Post
    Hi all. I need some help to improve my dps. It s disappointing to make lower dps than ppl with lower gear score than me.
    Im not allowed to post link atm but can you check from my armory ? shamygoo - Azuremyst Eu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiemonk View Post
    Hey all. I was just wondering what my DPS should be on a target dummy and if there's any mistakes in my gear.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ennyo/advanced
    I've quoted both of you because this first part holds true... for both of you.
    Neither of you are at a true point where Haste holds a stronger value over straight int.
    The value of Haste increases when you factor in 3 major RPPM sources, your legendary meta, and two ToT trinkets. Until those three goals are met your Haste value will be diminished. Right now sure you're throwing faster casts but you're not gaining anything (or hardly anything in Shamygoo's area with one RPPM trinket) from the Haste your gemming.
    I would go about using standard gemming (Red = Int) (Yellow = Int / Haste) (Blue = Int / Spirit).

    Now also on this note, with the changes to RPPM coming in 5.4 which is around the corner (and the crazy amount of cleave fights in SoO) the overall value of Haste is looking to be shattered with Mastery rising above it. My personal PTR testing has shown this to be true, and there is early evidence of the change as well on MMO and TotemSpot. So you may find yourself bypassing this whole Haste craze all together.

    Bennyo: Raid Dummy simmed DPS - 117,549.5
    This is only with your personal buffs.
    Last edited by Skurkitty; 2013-08-30 at 12:17 PM. Reason: More wording

  15. #535
    forgot to say i have wushoolay's lfr version. should i switch with valor trinket ?

  16. #536
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by pampatine View Post
    forgot to say i have wushoolay's lfr version. should i switch with valor trinket ?
    One thing would have to happen for this to actually be of benefit, and that is if you 2/2 both Wush and Breath. I ran sims to make sure on this.

    These two sims include the Valor trinket how you have it at 1/2 and then a non upgraded Breath and Wush.
    Valor Trink 1/2 + Breath LFR = 137,421.8 DPS
    Wush LFR + Breath LFR = 136,038.6 DPS
    The only direct change in the sims was that your Haste value went up by around .50 (due to double RPPM trinkets)

    Now when altering everything to make both the LFR Wush and Breath 2/2 the result was a MINOR increase.
    Wush LFR 2/2 + Breath LFR 2/2 = 137,767.4 DPS
    So with both trinkets at 2/2 you've gained around 300 DPS, and your Haste value went up by around .60 (due to double RPPM upgraded trinkets)

    All in all, if you're looking for that minor increase then you should 2/2 both LFR trinkets and use them along with Haste gems.
    But to be honest with 5.4 right around the corner this would be a waste of valor when you could instead hold it for the new items coming with the patch. Your best bet is to stay as is, swap back to Int for now... and then if the Mastery train gets rolling in 5.4 consider looking for a gem swap.
    Last edited by Skurkitty; 2013-08-30 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Wording

  17. #537
    oh thanks then i will save my valors for 5,4

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by pampatine View Post
    oh thanks then i will save my valors for 5,4
    It is only worth saving 3k Valor if you think you can grab 8 upgradeable items in the 1st week, which will be close to impossible. This is because there will be no new valor gear at all, so if you think you have some items that will help you in normal progression come 5.4 dont be scared to upgrade them now.

    The chance of you needing 4k Valor in the 1st week are minimal.

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    I've quoted both of you because this first part holds true... for both of you.
    Neither of you are at a true point where Haste holds a stronger value over straight int.
    The value of Haste increases when you factor in 3 major RPPM sources, your legendary meta, and two ToT trinkets. Until those three goals are met your Haste value will be diminished. Right now sure you're throwing faster casts but you're not gaining anything (or hardly anything in Shamygoo's area with one RPPM trinket) from the Haste your gemming.
    I would go about using standard gemming (Red = Int) (Yellow = Int / Haste) (Blue = Int / Spirit).

    Now also on this note, with the changes to RPPM coming in 5.4 which is around the corner (and the crazy amount of cleave fights in SoO) the overall value of Haste is looking to be shattered with Mastery rising above it. My personal PTR testing has shown this to be true, and there is early evidence of the change as well on MMO and TotemSpot. So you may find yourself bypassing this whole Haste craze all together.

    Bennyo: Raid Dummy simmed DPS - 117,549.5
    This is only with your personal buffs.
    Hey I just wanted to carry on from your discussion about haste and the other information in the original post in this thread (there is lots floating around that seems to contradict each other, hard to get a clarified source?)

    I'm playing Ele shaman as my alt so I'm not entirely versed in their stat weighting, but I was under the impression (discarding the RPPM effects for now), that the general idea was mastery for EB and haste for PE?

    Are you saying that next tier I should go mastery instead of haste even though I'm playing PE?

    (My alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rmsurge/simple this is how I've interpreted my stat choices considering my gear and PE)
    Last edited by Vakna; 2013-09-04 at 07:24 AM.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  20. #540
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Hey I just wanted to carry on from your discussion about haste and the other information in the original post in this thread (there is lots floating around that seems to contradict each other, hard to get a clarified source?)

    I'm playing Ele shaman as my alt so I'm not entirely versed in their stat weighting, but I was under the impression (discarding the RPPM effects for now), that the general idea was mastery for EB and haste for PE?

    Are you saying that next tier I should go mastery instead of haste even though I'm playing PE?

    (My alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rmsurge/simple this is how I've interpreted my stat choices considering my gear and PE)
    I personally only ever used PE for maybe... 2 fights through all of normal and heroic progression in ToT (Normal Durumu / Heroic Primordius). As far as Mastery or Haste for either talent choice, I don't believe it mattered what talent was picked to sway your stats one way or another. With how damn high Shaman RPPM was Haste was king either way when having double RPPM trinkets + meta gem. It wasn't until I reached a certain Haste percentage that sims showed gemming for a bit of Mastery was giving me an increase (as shown by my orange gem choices).

    For next tier, it's very back and fourth atm between posts. With 100% Mastery being obtainable (and the RPPM nerfs) it's something to consider with the rest going into Haste, this will only increase the value of EB and even UF (as some players claim from sims). But there are others who claim Haste is still holding a strong value with EB and UF even without hitting 100% Mastery.
    I honestly haven't seen much valid testing saying PE will hold value next tier.
    All in all MY personal testing has lead me to believe Mastery > Haste next tier, but I can't really say one way or the other on what is the correct route to look forward to as there are quite a few different test result popping up with various talent and gear choices.
    More information should be coming out across the next week on MMO and Totemspot, I would keep an eye out for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •