Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,013
    Quote Originally Posted by slikvik View Post
    So i cant seem to be able to find a good guide for this but how should we approach the reputation grinds?
    There's no cap on dailies, so the "correct" response is "do everything every day until you're Exalted with everything".

    Otherwise, it's also going to depend on exactly what raid drops you end up getting and such as well. There's no head enchants to aim for, so things are a bit more "open" in this regard in MoP.

  2. #62
    I was wondering, on average, how close is the gap between crit and mastery, EP wise. I ask because I was comparing Brewmaster Chani's Bracers and Malevolent Gladiator's Armbands of Prowess. It comes out to 34 less int and 30 less on secondaries, but if mastery is on average worth enough over crit, it could compensate for the int loss.

    Note: this would also allow valor to be used on other pieces
    Last edited by themaster24; 2012-10-06 at 07:42 AM.

  3. #63
    After checking through the heroic raid BiS list, I am left with doubts about 2 item slots. The neckslot and wrist. In dungeon Journal there are imo better options like a spirit/mastery neck and a spirit/haste wrist. Or is it simply based on Ilvl which gives them a little more int?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    I was wondering, on average, how close is the gap between crit and mastery, EP wise. I ask because I was comparing Brewmaster Chani's Bracers and Malevolent Gladiator's Armbands of Prowess. It comes out to 34 less int and 30 less on secondaries, but if mastery is on average worth enough over crit, it could compensate for the int loss.

    Note: this would also allow valor to be used on other pieces
    You really need to sim it, in dungeon 5man gear mastery was worth as much as haste. But after getting some raid gear mastery has somehow fallen behind and is now worth the same as crit.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    I was wondering, on average, how close is the gap between crit and mastery, EP wise. I ask because I was comparing Brewmaster Chani's Bracers and Malevolent Gladiator's Armbands of Prowess. It comes out to 34 less int and 30 less on secondaries, but if mastery is on average worth enough over crit, it could compensate for the int loss.

    Note: this would also allow valor to be used on other pieces
    If you assume int is worth ~2x as much as Haste and Haste is worth more than Mastery, whilst Mastery is worth more than Crit then your looking at 34 more Int than other bracers, meaning 68 Haste rating. Minus the 10 Haste rating the PvP bracers have over the PvE bracers 58 Haste Rating. So what your now comparing is 58 Haste Rating and 474 Crit compared too 432 Mastery.

    Even if for the sake of this very bad napkin math you say Haste = Mastery then your comparing 474 Crit too 372 Mastery. On top of that you can reforge the Crit into Mastery but you can't reforge that Mastery into anything so your actually comparing

    285 Crit + 189 Mastery
    372 Mastery

    or

    285 Crit
    vs
    183 Mastery

    I don't think Mastery is 1.55x as good as Crit because that would mean Int (being 2x as good as Haste which for this we say is as good as Mastery - which its not) is 3.1x as good as crit. It's not. Napkin math says PvE bracers are better if you reforge the Crit to Mastery.


  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaen View Post
    After checking through the heroic raid BiS list, I am left with doubts about 2 item slots. The neckslot and wrist. In dungeon Journal there are imo better options like a spirit/mastery neck and a spirit/haste wrist. Or is it simply based on Ilvl which gives them a little more int?
    You've got to remember a few things (and I'm saying this on a fairly regular basis now so obviously some people just aren't listening):
    A) Crit is not nearly as bad as it used to be. It's actually fairly close behind Haste & Mastery, and can sometimes actually jump into second place on the rankings. This is why the guide mentions that you can't simply ignore crit anymore
    B) The higher item level means more Intellect, which is worth a lot more than the other stats (more than two times the value of the highest non hit secondary)
    C) Hit/Spirit isn't worth anything if you're over the hit cap.

  7. #67
    So has Relic of Yu'lon been simmed? I'm about to throw down 80k on all the cards. Ele is my off spec but I'm the goto healer to switch to DPS when needed, and I'd like to have BiS. Worth throwing ~100k on?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    So has Relic of Yu'lon been simmed? I'm about to throw down 80k on all the cards. Ele is my off spec but I'm the goto healer to switch to DPS when needed, and I'd like to have BiS. Worth throwing ~100k on?
    Definitely. It is BiS for the entire tier, you will be using it for the next 5-6 months.


  9. #69
    Shouldn't EB be on a higher place in the priority list than ES? I might be wrong of course.

  10. #70
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Please define "thoughts", or see the previous post to yours where I mention that proper trinket lists are not possible yet.
    If you had these 4 trinkets: Light of Cosmos, Relic of Yu'lon, Alchemy Trinket and the Int w/ Crit proc trinket, which 2?

    Obviously Relic is in since it's BiS, any guesses as to what is next best?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    If you had these 4 trinkets: Light of Cosmos, Relic of Yu'lon, Alchemy Trinket and the Int w/ Crit proc trinket, which 2?

    Obviously Relic is in since it's BiS, any guesses as to what is next best?
    Light of the Cosmos has a 15% chance to proc off period damage, we only have 1 dot FS so I suggest we stay away from it. Alchemy trinket would be my choice in your example.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Shouldn't EB be on a higher place in the priority list than ES? I might be wrong of course.
    No, it shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    If you had these 4 trinkets: Light of Cosmos, Relic of Yu'lon, Alchemy Trinket and the Int w/ Crit proc trinket, which 2?

    Obviously Relic is in since it's BiS, any guesses as to what is next best?
    Once Endus pushes through an update there will be an initial trinket list. I still need to decide how to handle the fact that FRG is the only hit trinket which ranks it higher than you'd otherwise expect.

  13. #73
    Hi, the Carapace Breaker is given as BIS for Heroic Dungeon gear.
    But what about the Masterwork Forgewire Axe?

    As an orc, doesn`t the axe provide an additional 1% hit due to the axe specialization?
    Makes this the axe BIS for an orc?

  14. #74
    High Overlord Laylie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Area 11
    Posts
    135
    Im curious as to why your taking so much Heroic gear with spirit on it when that should bring you well over the hit cap if not much more over.
    I believe in the use of hard drugs if only for the sole purpose of natural selection.

  15. #75
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kigama View Post
    Hi, the Carapace Breaker is given as BIS for Heroic Dungeon gear.
    But what about the Masterwork Forgewire Axe?

    As an orc, doesn`t the axe provide an additional 1% hit due to the axe specialization?
    Makes this the axe BIS for an orc?
    It's definitely a good option for an Orc. It wasn't included in the BiS list because that's only true IF you're an Orc, for one (otherwise, Mastery is going to provide slightly less of a return than the Haste on the Carapace Breaker), and because it's an expensive craft, for two; 5 spirits of harmony aren't cheap or easy for everyone to arrange at this stage of the expansion (and the list won't be too relevant much later). The crafted shield, by comparison, is much cheaper and easier to craft.


    Also, as a more general aside; I've updated the guide with the trinket ratings that Binkenstein worked out and posted this morning.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Light of the Cosmos has a 15% chance to proc off period damage, we only have 1 dot FS so I suggest we stay away from it. Alchemy trinket would be my choice in your example.
    I wouldn't discount Light of the Cosmos so quickly.

  17. #77
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Im curious as to why your taking so much Heroic gear with spirit on it when that should bring you well over the hit cap if not much more over.
    Because you can Reforge away excessive Spirit.

  18. #78
    Only regarding to the weapon slot and Masterwork Forgewire Axe:
    The spirit can be reforged to haste or another useful 2nd stat and 1% hit (axe specialization) is pretty much in my humble opinion.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 04:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's definitely a good option for an Orc. It wasn't included in the BiS list because that's only true IF you're an Orc, for one (otherwise, Mastery is going to provide slightly less of a return than the Haste on the Carapace Breaker), and because it's an expensive craft, for two; 5 spirits of harmony aren't cheap or easy for everyone to arrange at this stage of the expansion (and the list won't be too relevant much later). The crafted shield, by comparison, is much cheaper and easier to craft.


    Also, as a more general aside; I've updated the guide with the trinket ratings that Binkenstein worked out and posted this morning.
    thx very much

  19. #79
    I have a question about Carapace Breaker . When i have no weapon equipped i have 15.09% hit . When i equip Carapace i have 14.55% . I have reforged the item so it currently has 155 spirit on it . Am i missing something here?

  20. #80
    Hi there! Is there any chance Endus to make weakaruas for proc of Relic of Yu'lon?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •