Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
33
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,593
    So question, since I just got my Ele Shaman to 90 and I've been gearing him:

    When my Hit Cap is at 15% with just Spirit, should I start snagging gear that doesn't have Spirit on it?

  2. #442
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So question, since I just got my Ele Shaman to 90 and I've been gearing him:

    When my Hit Cap is at 15% with just Spirit, should I start snagging gear that doesn't have Spirit on it?
    Well you said it's fresh. So I'll assume you're not completely in the point in time where you've reforged spirit off of all your gear. So yes, you could start getting gear without Spirit/Hit on it... or you could start reforging spirit off for Haste/Mastery.

  3. #443
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    Well you said it's fresh. So I'll assume you're not completely in the point in time where you've reforged spirit off of all your gear. So yes, you could start getting gear without Spirit/Hit on it... or you could start reforging spirit off for Haste/Mastery.
    Yeah I'm progressively gearing him. I'll ask more once I've gotten more gear.

    One other question:

    Should I always take gear with Spirit on it over a piece of gear with Haste/Mastery?

  4. #444
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yeah I'm progressively gearing him. I'll ask more once I've gotten more gear.

    One other question:

    Should I always take gear with Spirit on it over a piece of gear with Haste/Mastery?
    No, you don't need spirit on all your gear. As long as you remain hit capped you should look into Haste/Mastery pieces, although Blizzard really overdid it with Spirit gear in ToT. Luckily all the Mail caster gear basically has either Haste or Mastery on it, so you can easily just reforge the spirit into the stat it's lacking.

  5. #445
    Just got the legendary meta. I am currently using the valor proc trinket but I'm pretty sure that I go under 1sec cast times if it procs at the same time with meta. Problem is that I dont have any other 522+ trinket. Would the darkmoon trinket be good if upgraded? Were on a summer break atm so valor wont be wasted for upgrades since I'll have everything upgraded long before we start raiding again.

  6. #446
    DMF trinket and 522 valor trinket are your best bets until you get your hands on the drops in ToT.

  7. #447
    Argh. i forgot to mention that I have one 522 trinket ( besides valor). Wushoolays. Valor trinket vs DMF was what I was wondering about when the valor proc is more or less wasted if it procs together with meta.

    My first post is actually quite horribly worded now that I look at it again
    Last edited by Yvonnel; 2013-07-10 at 09:13 PM.

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Just got the legendary meta. I am currently using the valor proc trinket but I'm pretty sure that I go under 1sec cast times if it procs at the same time with meta. Problem is that I dont have any other 522+ trinket. Would the darkmoon trinket be good if upgraded? Were on a summer break atm so valor wont be wasted for upgrades since I'll have everything upgraded long before we start raiding again.
    im pretty sure just with valor trinket and meta, you wont get under GCD on main abilities, atleast until you get like 30% haste before procs. Since you havent posted armory, Im gonna assume you raid normals and arent decked in 530+ just yet to actually have that high levels of haste, so Id say stick with valor trinket, its decent vs tot trinkets and way better than DMC

  9. #449
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,486
    Hi ! I would like to know, by my gear, if I should take a little bit more mastery, I have the legendary meta, and it almost always proc at the same time of my Shado-pan assault trinket, sometime I feel its a little hard to cast especially with BLust, i cant land anything but LB (chain casting).

    Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Akuun/advanced
    (for reason i cant explain, my meta isnt showing on my helm but its the legendary one (+30%haste)

    I just feel something is wrong my dps is fairly low for my gear even if i do the rotation correctly.

    (or even my glyph :/)
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2013-07-11 at 03:31 PM.

  10. #450
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    Hi ! I would like to know, by my gear, if I should take a little bit more mastery, I have the legendary meta, and it almost always proc at the same time of my Shado-pan assault trinket, sometime I feel its a little hard to cast especially with BLust, i cant land anything but LB (chain casting).

    Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Akuun/advanced
    (for reason i cant explain, my meta isnt showing on my helm but its the legendary one (+30%haste)

    I just feel something is wrong my dps is fairly low for my gear even if i do the rotation correctly.

    (or even my glyph :/)
    For your item level your stats are fine. Only things I would suggest is swapping those Red Int gems to Orange Int / Haste gems. I personally also dislike the usage of the Fire Elemental Glyph, it has benefits on fights like Megaera where the heads may die a bit too fast and it just stands around while the heads transition. Should consider using Lightning Shield glyph just for a bit more defensive ability.

    Your haste and mastery will only improve as you gear up more, you're reforging correctly and gems are right (except for the reds). You have some pieces with a Crit base, like your cloak, mace, neck... these can obviously be itemized better for a haste or mastery piece in their place. Such as Dark Animus cloak (or Legendary chain cloak if you're close), Horridon / Lei Shen Neck, Council Fist / Dark Animus Dagger. Plus with just general upgrades your stats will rise quite a bit. You have some 516 items... bringing those up to a 2/2 normal at 530 or even in the case of your boots a possible 2/2 543 Heroic piece since you have H Jin'rokh down.

  11. #451
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,486
    ok tkx ! should i keep my 3 pure haste gem ? Like i said i feel when all things pop, i feel like i cast too fast (can be due to lag since im raiding in a 25m group) sometime i can cast about 3 LB at .9 sec/cast without been able to cast my Lava burst instant (its just chain casting my Lightning Bolt)

    and yeh, some of my gear are to change working on it ! finally got 3 piece of loot last night, northing had drop for me for about 4 weeks, even with tokens ( and its not tht i wasnt wining any roll, it just wasnt dropping! got first in priority of loot (since we use epgp) and i have guarantee loot for about 4 gear if they finally drop ! hehe)

  12. #452
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    ok tkx ! should i keep my 3 pure haste gem ? Like i said i feel when all things pop, i feel like i cast too fast (can be due to lag since im raiding in a 25m group) sometime i can cast about 3 LB at .9 sec/cast without been able to cast my Lava burst instant (its just chain casting my Lightning Bolt)

    and yeh, some of my gear are to change working on it ! finally got 3 piece of loot last night, northing had drop for me for about 4 weeks, even with tokens ( and its not tht i wasnt wining any roll, it just wasnt dropping! got first in priority of loot (since we use epgp) and i have guarantee loot for about 4 gear if they finally drop ! hehe)
    Yes keep your pure haste gems. You can actually drop some not so great socket bonuses as well to add some extra 320 haste. You're .70 over hit cap. Certain situations for Haste/Spirit green gems cannot be avoided, such as your tier pants because the +120 int socket bonus is worth it. But like... say your shield. You have a Haste/Spirit gem in there for a 60 int bonus, same with your belt. Haste values are much higher then Int for Ele right now, so you could safely put a 320 haste gem in place of the Haste/Spirit, drop some of the useless hit and gain more benefit from the gem socket (If you click my sig and view my armory you can kind of get an idea, I ignore certain bonuses and for me I even gem Haste/Stam because I literally cannot get down to hit cap).

    As far as your cast times go... that's just strange to me and I couldn't explain it, unless you have some crazy high MS and fairly low FPS... in which case that's just a horrible situation to raid in all around. Getting your Lava Burst procs in will become more and more reaction based the higher your Haste goes... so if you have MS and FPS working against you then you're going to struggle with it. I could only suggest if you generally spam your keys (hit your lightning bolt key 3-5 times before it even finishes casting), try to not do that so you have a better chance to react to your procs.

  13. #453
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,486
    exellent, seriously, tkx for your help ! ill do it as soon as i come home before my raid tonight !!

    I could only suggest if you generally spam your keys (hit your lightning bolt key 3-5 times before it even finishes casting), try to not do that so you have a better chance to react to your procs.
    well i have to admit, im no stranger to that situation :/...
    ...must stop spamming... !
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2013-07-11 at 06:49 PM.

  14. #454
    the whole going with pure haste gems, is that worth it even without the legendary meta?
    remember reading somewhere that before meta and lower gear levels you should go with the int for red, int/haste yellow etc
    but well when I was reading that i had like 450 ilvl now I am at 518, wondering if going more haste focused would be a dps increase at this point
    like said sadly still no meta 12 secrets atm -.-

    for reference
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

    guess I could also ignore some of the 60 int bonuses then

  15. #455
    Any math on the newly buffed 5.4 Unleashed Fury/Flametongue?

    Is the buffed UF in 5.4 now equal to the other 2 lvl90 talents??
    Tinker + Alchemist in a single class:
    Tank spec: robotics, steampunk hammers/chainsaws, grappling hooks and heavy machinery.
    Melee dps spec: doping yourself with chems and tossing vicious acids on the enemies.
    Ranged dps: rockets, lasers, TNT critters and explosives, shrink rays and sapper mines.
    Healing spec: chemical sprays, needles, exploding flasks and other chemical type abilities to heal.

  16. #456
    Hey fellow shammies,

    I got my legendary meta last night (yay!) anyway this question is regarding my offspec - Elemental.

    Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emoss/advanced

    I've just been reading from some of the above posts, that once you have your meta gem you should gem more haste, is that what I should do with my current gear ilvl 517 or should I wait until I gather a few more pieces (ring...belt) and my 4 piece set bonus?

    and yes I know i'm 1% over the hit cap, but that is as low as I can get it atm.

    Cheers

  17. #457
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    Hey fellow shammies,

    I got my legendary meta last night (yay!) anyway this question is regarding my offspec - Elemental.

    Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emoss/advanced

    I've just been reading from some of the above posts, that once you have your meta gem you should gem more haste, is that what I should do with my current gear ilvl 517 or should I wait until I gather a few more pieces (ring...belt) and my 4 piece set bonus?

    and yes I know i'm 1% over the hit cap, but that is as low as I can get it atm.

    Cheers
    Yes, I would swap if I was in your shoes. I went ahead and put your char through a few sims, in almost all cases if a secondary stats value is greater then half the value of Int it becomes of more benefit to gem for that secondary stat.
    In your case your base values between Int and Haste are
    Int - 5.01
    Haste - 2.99
    So just from that it's very safe to assume the haste gem swap will give you an increase in numbers. Even more so when you get 4piece and those extra FS ticks start having even greater value for LvB procs to trigger the 4piece effect.

    320 Haste - 80 Int / 160 Haste - 160 Haste / 160 Spirit (for respective yellow, red, blue sockets)

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    Yes, I would swap if I was in your shoes. I went ahead and put your char through a few sims, in almost all cases if a secondary stats value is greater then half the value of Int it becomes of more benefit to gem for that secondary stat.
    In your case your base values between Int and Haste are
    Int - 5.01
    Haste - 2.99
    So just from that it's very safe to assume the haste gem swap will give you an increase in numbers. Even more so when you get 4piece and those extra FS ticks start having even greater value for LvB procs to trigger the 4piece effect.

    320 Haste - 80 Int / 160 Haste - 160 Haste / 160 Spirit (for respective yellow, red, blue sockets)
    Thank you very much for that very helpful input, much appreciated

  19. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    Yes, I would swap if I was in your shoes. I went ahead and put your char through a few sims, in almost all cases if a secondary stats value is greater then half the value of Int it becomes of more benefit to gem for that secondary stat.
    just making sure if I did it properly, also threw my character into simcraft
    all buffs on
    10k iterations
    patchwerk, 450 length
    did scaling it, haste and mastery

    got that Scale factors thingy with
    Intellect=4.73, HasteRating=2.59, MasteryRating=2.36
    out of it

    just making sure I didn't input some wrong shit somewhere ^^

  20. #460
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    just making sure if I did it properly, also threw my character into simcraft
    all buffs on
    10k iterations
    patchwerk, 450 length
    did scaling it, haste and mastery

    got that Scale factors thingy with
    Intellect=4.73, HasteRating=2.59, MasteryRating=2.36
    out of it

    just making sure I didn't input some wrong shit somewhere ^^
    Always do 50k iterations, depending on your CPU you can increase the threads to a higher amount to make the sim go faster. (At 4 threads, 50k takes around 90 seconds or so)
    Simmed you at 50k.
    Int - 4.77, Haste - 2.76, Mastery - 2.51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •