Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
40
... LastLast
  1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    I'm currently at %27 haste and %71 mastery 545 ilvl, gemmed everything to pure mastery(ignored int bonuses) after I got the normal bindings, reforged some stuff to haste to keep LB casts at at least 4-5 secs.

    Do you recommend that I get some more haste? LB casts do seem a bit long. Also, I was wondering if gemming for yellow on red sockets and ignoring 180/120 int bonuses is mistake or not.
    I definitely like the feel of more haste, but run reforgeplots to see if reforging back into haste will actually help.

    As for ignoring int bonuses - don't ignore them on yellow/red. Blue is one thing if you're hit capped, but there's no reason not to match red and yellow socket bonuses, especially for that much int. Secondaries might be stronger right now, but they're not THAT much stronger.

  2. #582
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    66
    I think I could use some help guys
    I'm raiding 10 man and I currently am the one with the lowest iLvL, hence almost everytime the last one in dps. I'll get the legendary cloak next week, I think that alone will boost my dps quite a bit. blabla

    I always looked up the stat priority in the forums and used askmrrobot or any other prog to reforge. Because I didn't really raid last tier, I couldn't care less about squeezing out as much dps as I could. That changed with SoO so I tried using SimCraft.
    I don't have any experience with SimCraft, so I think i might have done it wrong.

    Would one of you guys be so kind and sim my shaman please ?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hlash/advanced

    I don't have any options in changing any gear atm except of the Talisman you can buy for VP.

    Thanks in advance guys, appreciate any tips

  3. #583
    Can I just hijack this thread and post about a similar problem? I'm new to dpsing (I've been a strong holy paladin for years) and I find myself being miles behind other dps in my guild. I've read up on a lot of stuff, but I'm still a bit confused about everything (and this reflects in gems, reforging and gear - in so far I've got gear). I would love to keep up, and not let my guild down. Being short on time lately I don't have hours to spend perfecting every little thing about my character, so I try to do what I can.

    Can I bother any of you guys for some sound advice?

    Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Talax/advanced

    Thanks in advance!

    PS: I don't have logs available right now, I'm sorry. But I think I have the rotation pretty much down. Currently trying out UF instead of EB.
    Last edited by Dareios; 2013-09-29 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Broken link

  4. #584
    Hey Endus, I just wanted to say thank you for providing arguably the best spec guide out there, both overall and specifically for Elemental Shamans. This is the best and most comprehensive guide to Ele Shams, and you are the authority I'm happy to continue following. This guide keeps me in the know, and has optimized my dps significantly, especially this expansion. Once again, thank you.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/stormrage/No_Helmet_Required/

  5. #585
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    21,924
    The current 5.4 guide was still largely co-written with Gistwiki and Binkenstein, so they deserve some of the credit as well. My version here is taking a different tack as of 5.4, but that's just the updated material; I didn't rewrite the entire thing.

  6. #586
    I was wondering if someone could tell me if 2 brilliant serpent eyes are better then 2 fractured serpent eyes. I'm mastery built and have the legendary meta and cloak if that matters any. I have seen mixed results when I armory ele shams with JC prof. I see some go double fractured but others go double brilliant serpent eyes. I was always under the impression that 640 intellect was better then 960 mastery, but was hoping someone could clear this up please.

  7. #587
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by dopefishz View Post
    I think I could use some help guys
    I'm raiding 10 man and I currently am the one with the lowest iLvL, hence almost everytime the last one in dps. I'll get the legendary cloak next week, I think that alone will boost my dps quite a bit. blabla

    I always looked up the stat priority in the forums and used askmrrobot or any other prog to reforge. Because I didn't really raid last tier, I couldn't care less about squeezing out as much dps as I could. That changed with SoO so I tried using SimCraft.
    I don't have any experience with SimCraft, so I think i might have done it wrong.

    Would one of you guys be so kind and sim my shaman please ?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hlash/advanced

    I don't have any options in changing any gear atm except of the Talisman you can buy for VP.

    Thanks in advance guys, appreciate any tips
    178.6k DPS on a Patchwerk based fight.
    Stat weights show you would gain more from Mastery gems. Blue - Spirit/Mastery ~~ Red - Int/Mastery ~~ Yellow - Pure Mastery, keep your JC gems as Int. Keep in mind that with the 10% buff to Lightning Bolt, UF is pulling ahead of EB. Also PE has its uses this tier with certain fights (Norushen and Thok being good examples).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareios View Post
    Can I just hijack this thread and post about a similar problem? I'm new to dpsing (I've been a strong holy paladin for years) and I find myself being miles behind other dps in my guild. I've read up on a lot of stuff, but I'm still a bit confused about everything (and this reflects in gems, reforging and gear - in so far I've got gear). I would love to keep up, and not let my guild down. Being short on time lately I don't have hours to spend perfecting every little thing about my character, so I try to do what I can.

    Can I bother any of you guys for some sound advice?

    Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Talax/advanced

    Thanks in advance!

    PS: I don't have logs available right now, I'm sorry. But I think I have the rotation pretty much down. Currently trying out UF instead of EB.
    Your armory link is 404, and there are a few Shaman characters named Talax on EU so we don't have any way of knowing which one is yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    I was wondering if someone could tell me if 2 brilliant serpent eyes are better then 2 fractured serpent eyes. I'm mastery built and have the legendary meta and cloak if that matters any. I have seen mixed results when I armory ele shams with JC prof. I see some go double fractured but others go double brilliant serpent eyes. I was always under the impression that 640 intellect was better then 960 mastery, but was hoping someone could clear this up please.
    General consensus is 2 brilliant serpent gives better results then 2 secondary stat serpent gems. So you're correct.

  8. #588

  9. #589
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareios View Post
    So sorry, I edited the link. But here it is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Talax/advanced
    Just from the armory some basics can be said.
    1) You're .47 under hit cap, that needs to be fixed.
    2) Int enchant on your cloak is missing.
    3) Jade Spirit enchant on your weapon will give you a boost. (However I understand not wanting to put high price enchants on lower weapons)
    4) Fire Ele glyph is situational and shouldn't be used the majority of the time.
    5) Reforging - In the best case scenario you never want to reforge out of any Haste or Mastery, in your case you've dumped around 1000 Haste via reforging.

    Optimizing reforging at low ilvls can be a complete pain, even more so now with Timeless isle pieces and the random mess of stats players get thrown at them on new characters. I would recommend getting the addon Reforgelite . Once installed head over to the reforger, a window will pop up, select the Elemental Preset then check off the advanced box. From here you'll see a few numbers, all we want to focus on is Haste and Mastery, the preset should have Haste at 140 and Mastery at 160, or vice versa. What you want to do is simply change the lower one to match the higher, so you would change Haste to 160 so it matches Mastery then hit Calculate. After it sorts everything out you'll see what you gain and lose from the reforging. Scroll down and click show, another window will pop up prompting for you to reforge your gear, click reforge.

    There are certainly other ways to optimize your gear, but you've stated you're short on time these days and this is a quick and simple way to handle your reforging. While a lot of higher end shamans are shown heavy stacking Mastery currently, that mostly comes through gems. Reforging holds a balance putting everything you can into both Haste and Mastery while only taking from Crit and Spirit. You'll have a rough start, but once you and your guild gets moving and your gear start smoothing out via Flex, Normals and so on you'll find things will start flowing together a lot easier. Lastly, gemming examples can be seen on any high end Shaman's armory. Leeds from Method, Brightleaf from Blood Legion, etc etc.

    I hope I was of some help to you. Best of luck, Talax!
    Last edited by Skurkitty; 2013-09-29 at 09:40 PM. Reason: More information.

  10. #590
    I want to know something about the elemental 2pc bonus. For the opener, do we have to postpone ascendance to get fulmination off or does it not matter?

  11. #591
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    178.6k DPS on a Patchwerk based fight.
    Stat weights show you would gain more from Mastery gems. Blue - Spirit/Mastery ~~ Red - Int/Mastery ~~ Yellow - Pure Mastery, keep your JC gems as Int. Keep in mind that with the 10% buff to Lightning Bolt, UF is pulling ahead of EB. Also PE has its uses this tier with certain fights (Norushen and Thok being good examples).
    I can't thank you enough ! I was almost embarassed to ask, I didn't want anyone to think I'm lazy

    Thanks again !
    English isn't my native language, so please be tolerant and don't grammar nazi me

  12. #592
    I love my Elly. Awesome guide. After I came here and got a couple upgrades and reforged... massive improvements (was Enhancement until this expansion).

  13. #593
    I know the guide says it, but can I get a definite answer;

    Is using chain lightning a dps increase, single target, if there is lots of AOE?

    Example, boss plus 10 adds say, will you do more damage on the boss, is targeting the boss, using chain lightning, a dps increase rather than doing your normal single target rotation?

    This is an example, where the adds do not need to/can't die

    cheers.

  14. #594
    The Patient Spphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark :)
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    I know the guide says it, but can I get a definite answer;

    Is using chain lightning a dps increase, single target, if there is lots of AOE?

    Example, boss plus 10 adds say, will you do more damage on the boss, is targeting the boss, using chain lightning, a dps increase rather than doing your normal single target rotation?

    This is an example, where the adds do not need to/can't die

    cheers.
    If the adds aren't supposed to die and you are meaning to burn the boss then purely the damage to the boss would be lower, if it was higher we would just spam chain lightning single target, would be a tad silly wouldn't it. You will win the damage meter because of cheesing but that's about it. You will do less damage to the actual main mob.

  15. #595
    In that very specific situation, you would want to micromanage to cast a chain after earth shocks, it will be worth it if you do not need to flame shock in less than 10 sec. Simple as it sounds with only one flameshock rolling, but it gets funnier if you think you should be rolling another if there are targets that will survive its duration.

  16. #596
    Hey again guys,

    I've worked pretty hard over the past couple weeks gearing my Shaman as fast as I could. I have followed Sim Craft quite exclusively the whole way, until now. For starters, here is my armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ornoc/advanced

    All the gear that I have is the best I have been able to get in 11 days I've been level 90, I do understand that my trinkets may not be the best (especially Cha-Ye's).

    I am currently at 1.5 cast time and it is my understanding that I shouldn't be trying to get to any specific amount of ticks for Flame Shock. My issue is that Sim Craft is still wanting me to stack Haste over Mastery.

    My Stat Weights with Elemental Blast are: Int: 4.64, Haste: 2.31, Mastery: 1.91
    My Stat Weights with Unleashed Fury are: Int: 4.62, Haste: 2.37, Mastery: 1.94

    Before I picked up on this my Mastery had dropped to 45% which I felt was far too low. I don't understand why it still wants me to continue taking more Haste. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers
    Last edited by Bloodlight; 2013-10-01 at 04:06 AM.

  17. #597
    High Overlord Skurkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlight View Post
    Hey again guys,

    I've worked pretty hard over the past couple weeks gearing my Shaman as fast as I could. I have followed Sim Craft quite exclusively the whole way, until now. For starters, here is my armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ornoc/advanced

    All the gear that I have is the best I have been able to get in 11 days I've been level 90, I do understand that my trinkets may not be the best (especially Cha-Ye's).

    I am currently at 1.5 cast time and it is my understanding that I shouldn't be trying to get to any specific amount of ticks for Flame Shock. My issue is that Sim Craft is still wanting me to stack Haste over Mastery.

    My Stat Weights with Elemental Blast are: Int: 4.64, Haste: 2.31, Mastery: 1.91
    My Stat Weights with Unleashed Fury are: Int: 4.62, Haste: 2.37, Mastery: 1.94

    Before I picked up on this my Mastery had dropped to 45% which I felt was far too low. I don't understand why it still wants me to continue taking more Haste. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers
    Just took your armory and simmed it as is, (Patchwerk) 50k iterations along with 5k reforge plots to see the difference. Got slightly different stat weights but only by a small amount. Int: 4.74, Haste: 2.32, Mastery: 2.01. Simcraft will flip flop on you no matter which direction you go, stack Haste it tells you Mastery, stack Mastery it tells you Haste. Usually the difference in the number to cause one to be "greater" is VERY small, your reforge plot shows just that. From what I'm seeing by you dropping around 1250 Mastery for equal Haste you would gain 375(ish) dps... which is isn't really worth it, these type of numbers will increase as you gain ilvl but remain just as small for the output.

    Using myself as an example, at 559 ilvl if I dropped around 2000 Mastery for equal Haste I would gain roughly 2350(ish) DPS. But this is a Patchwerk sim, it isn't factoring in random cleave chances that would boost Mastery above Haste, so that gain could actually be a lose in cleave situations. I hope that made sense. >_>

    As a side note, Cha-Ye's isn't actually that bad of a trinket as of 5.4 due to its procs per minute chance. Before they almost immediately replaced them, many top shamans dropped their Wush to make use of Cha-Ye's for just that reason. Sure the crit isn't that great, but the proc chance is pretty awesome (I was also using it until I got Bindings), so don't feel bad about making use of it.
    Last edited by Skurkitty; 2013-10-01 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Wording.

  18. #598
    Hmm what about mastery over haste has anyone here tried that ?

  19. #599
    Epic! Dave131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, Ca.
    Posts
    1,573
    Would someone on this thread be so kind as to either post under me with the current BIS setup, or to message me with a link?

    I am sure it's in the forum somewhere but I cant seem to find it >_<
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

  20. #600
    Check here (you'll need to scroll down a little): http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...7082#post85431

    Keep in mind that BiS is stacking full haste, whereas mastery will be stronger with lower levels of gear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •