Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
43
... LastLast
  1. #641
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    No, never.
    Ok awesome, thanks

  2. #642
    Quote Originally Posted by Argussonn View Post
    EDIT: Thanks Recom, but once facing few mobs for whole fight (like galakras or spoils) wouldn't that make crit + mastery better, than haste + mastery?
    It would be better to deal with adds but at the expense of boss DPS so it might not be what you want to do, unless you are having a really hard time with adds but I doubt reforging YOUR gear would solve that (I'm talking about Galakras).
    Spoils is a tougher sell, if your tanks manage to always have lots of adds then yes it would be slightly better.

  3. #643
    Hey all,

    What's the deal when taking UF as a talent and casting Flame Shock.
    Should I use Unleashed Elements before casting Flame Shock or is that a waste? Should Unleashed Elements ONLY be used to buff Lava Burst ? (I am referring to the 30% buff to next fire spell)
    Last edited by Drarim; 2013-10-24 at 05:25 AM.

  4. #644
    I was playing around in LFR on my ele sham today for the first time, I had had a problem in my rotation I wasn't sure what to do with, to do with the Unleashed Elements/Unleashed Fury Talent.

    So, obviously I want to be using UE every time it's up, but there are 2 situations that come up where I'm not sure if I'm better delaying UE or just using it, I'll explain.

    First situation is where UF is coming off CD, Lava Burst is already on cooldown but Flame Shock needs refreshing. Do I:

    A: Hit UE first and then Flame Shock (using the 30% buff on Flame Shock) or
    B: Flame Shock, UE, and save buff for Lava Burst

    B seems about right but sometimes my bars will look like, UE up, Flame Shock about 3 seconds away from needing refreshing and Lava Burst has only just been used. So I could be delaying UE by 3-5 secs which might be a waste?

    Ok then there's this 2nd situation which happens quite often. I'm thinking that in the 10 second Unleashed Fury debuff I want to get at least 2 Lava Bursts, considering no procs. To get that I want to hit LB right after UE So I can get my next one right at the end of the debuff. But what sometimes happens is that UE is off CD but Lava Burstis on cooldown for a few more seconds. So I could have waited on that LB for UE to come up and get the buff. Or I can delay that UE and wait for LB. Or I can just carry on as normal..

    I know this sounds confusing and props to anyone who has understood me, I've confused myself slightly. But basically, should I be changing my playstyle around UE/UF, delaying the spell at all for LB or delaying LB for the UF buff. Or should I pretty much ignore it and just use UE when it's off CD, regardless of FS and LB.

  5. #645
    if i have say 70.83% mastery for example and the tooltip reads 70% chance for overload to occur, does overload actually have a 70.83% chance to occur or is the extra .83% of mastery stats being wasted?

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    if i have say 70.83% mastery for example and the tooltip reads 70% chance for overload to occur, does overload actually have a 70.83% chance to occur or is the extra .83% of mastery stats being wasted?
    You have 70.83% chance to proc.

  7. #647
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kojin/advanced

    This is my character, what I want to ask is that I ignored some of the int gem bonuses to be able to stay near the hit cap(%15.07), as if I didn't I would have been near %16.40 hit. Do you think I should keep going with this policy or the int value is worth it to stay way over hit cap?

    Also, if anyone can sim me, or direct me to a post in which a beginner can understand how to sim and what I should do depending on the results, I would be grateful!

  8. #648
    The belt is definitely worth gemming (120 int +160 spirit> 160 mastery, even if the spirit is useless).


    All but your bracers are reforged from spirit if they have spirit from what I can see, reforging away from spirit would put you under cap by 250~+ I think. Regemming the belt leaves about 80-120 spirit you need to cap again. If you upgrade a piece of gear with spirit on and regem the boots you may get cap that way. reforging bracers will gain around 274 mastery towards the 320 lost from those 2 gems but you would also gain 200 int (120 socket bonus + 80 int gem).
    The shoulders and legs are 320 mastery vs 120 int+320 spi, and so wont be worth using if you dont need any spirit, although you could also use it to get over hit cap easily.
    Another alternative is changing spellthread from 165 crit to 165 spirit.

    Note: I haven't done any simming or run any optimisation tools on your char to see if what I said was correct. The belt almost certainly is worth changing, the rest is just a suggestion to gain more stats.
    Last edited by turkeygiblets; 2013-10-25 at 01:53 AM.

  9. #649
    For people that are using a mastery build, have you considered using the resto tier shoulders as offset? I saw a bislist by leeds on totemspot where he used the spirit/haste shoulders from dark shamans. The resto tier has spirit/mastery and also red sockets instead of blue. Is this a viable option?

  10. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaen View Post
    For people that are using a mastery build, have you considered using the resto tier shoulders as offset? I saw a bislist by leeds on totemspot where he used the spirit/haste shoulders from dark shamans. The resto tier has spirit/mastery and also red sockets instead of blue. Is this a viable option?
    It is viable but you can't get a warforged version of tier items so this might not be ideal in the end (can't check atm).

  11. #651
    What kind of numbers are peoples 4 set pulling ? Having finally gotten my 4 i ran a LFR and was absolutely disgusted... on Spoils where you more or less SPAM CL - my elemental homies did a TOTAL of 25625 dmg - on the course of the entire fight... and on Thok it didn't even proc at all : / Was I really that wrong taking tier off others :x ?

  12. #652
    4set shouldn't be affected by "spamming chain lightning" or whatever. Only on severe portions of NOT using CL/LB it would have an impact, since it works on rppm. Just checked logs from our full clear on saturday and overall they did 2.2% of my damage. Not having it proc at all seems very odd, since a boss fight you now start with all rppm effects having counted as 90 seconds of not having any procs yet if I'm not mistaken. You sure you didn't see wrong? I don't think I've ever not have one spawn within first 30 seconds of a fight. Most logs seem to be 2-3%, which isn't omghuge, but also is far from worst, in line with what a 4pc should do really.
    For heavy chain lightning spam fights (like galakras) you may want to keep 2pc t15 indeed, although I never swapped it myself. Just keep in mind that if you're wiping in last phase galakras you shouldn't really do it.

    Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

  13. #653
    is the flexible version of the headpiece better than cowl of smoking dreams?( http://www.wowhead.com/item=103950/c...smoking-dreams)

    the cowl has a higher ilvl and more int, but the flex has higher haste and almost same mastery. Does the higher int of cowl come out on top?

  14. #654
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmB View Post
    What kind of numbers are peoples 4 set pulling ? Having finally gotten my 4 i ran a LFR and was absolutely disgusted... on Spoils where you more or less SPAM CL - my elemental homies did a TOTAL of 25625 dmg - on the course of the entire fight... and on Thok it didn't even proc at all : / Was I really that wrong taking tier off others :x ?
    Hey. Same thing here. I notice my 4p is doing about 1,7% to 2,1% of my dps (42 Fights and counting) and i'm really unimpressed It seems to have ICD and a poor proc chance, but i am unsure. Either way there are others out there with much better 4p bonuses, but that being said, our Tier (statwise) is still BiS and 4p is more or less just a bonus on top of being our BiS.
    Correct me if i'm wrong.
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

  15. #655
    Hey guys, I have a couple questions in regards to Unleashed Fury. From what I've read, I'm nearing the point where I should be taking it over Elemental Blast. I have been testing it on the dummies but I am running into some issues with the rotation.

    I understand what to do at the start of a fight - Flame Shock -> Unleash -> Lava Burst, so these questions are concerning the mid fight rotation

    • Do I cast Unleash before casting Lava Burst if Lava Burst is not on cooldown?
    • Similarly, do I cast Unleash before casting a Lava Burst that has been procced with Lava Surge?
    • Lava Burst is off cooldown, but Unleash has 2-3 seconds left, do I wait for Unleash to come off CD or cast Lava Burst?
    • Do I cast Unleash during Ascendance?

    Also! This is my armoury - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ornoc/advanced

    Would just like to check that my gemming/enchanting etc etc is okay!

    Cheers guys

  16. #656
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlight View Post
    Hey guys, I have a couple questions in regards to Unleashed Fury. From what I've read, I'm nearing the point where I should be taking it over Elemental Blast. I have been testing it on the dummies but I am running into some issues with the rotation.

    I understand what to do at the start of a fight - Flame Shock -> Unleash -> Lava Burst, so these questions are concerning the mid fight rotation

    • Do I cast Unleash before casting Lava Burst if Lava Burst is not on cooldown?
    • Similarly, do I cast Unleash before casting a Lava Burst that has been procced with Lava Surge?
    • Lava Burst is off cooldown, but Unleash has 2-3 seconds left, do I wait for Unleash to come off CD or cast Lava Burst?
    • Do I cast Unleash during Ascendance?

    Also! This is my armoury - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ornoc/advanced

    Would just like to check that my gemming/enchanting etc etc is okay!

    Cheers guys
    1: Unleash takes 1st priority over any other spell than Flameshock.

    2: Yes. Totemspot had a pretty interesting discussion on this. Scroll down and find Jimmyolsen's Post

    3: You don't wait. The chances that you will get a new Surge proc for the UE is so high that it is a DPS loss to let LvB be off CD.

    4: Following above logic: Yes. BUT i do admit that i am very confused on this too and i would love if someone would provider a better answer on this.


    It's worth mentioning that UF makes Haste more attractive as haste increases the amount of LB/LvB you can get in during the buff is on an enemy.
    Your Reforging/Gemming is slightly inconsistent, some odd mastery reforging/gemming here and there, unless you were aiming for a certain mastery point, of course
    Last edited by athanasios; 2013-11-04 at 12:43 PM.
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

  17. #657
    Regarding you question 4 : yes you'd want to cast in during Ascendance BUT I have the feeling that you shouldn't if you can squeeze an other LvB before the end of Ascendance (it boils down to 2x LvB Vs. UF + boosted LvB). I may be wrong since I didn't TC a lot on this issue, if someone has some maths I'd like to see them !

  18. #658
    @Athanasios

    Thanks a bunch for the response, that clarified everything!

    In regards to my gemming/reforging, I've been pretty unlucky with decent drops thus far - Spirit+Crit pieces - and I really want to stay at 1.5s cast times. I've had to gem kinda oddly to ensure that.

    @Recom

    Yeah, that was my main concern with asking that question. If I cast Unleash before I Ascendance (So.. Unleash > Lava Burst > Ascendance), I found that I only had a couple seconds like on my Ascendance and I didn't know whether the boosted LvB was > than 2 LvB.

  19. #659
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,487
    I basically have to come back as ele for my core group ( use to be resto ) but im quite confuse, I see full haste build here, and full mastery on Icy vein, I do have the legendary meta and legendary cloak, what should be my real stats priority?

    I use to go full haste, but with the meta and trinket... FUll mastery with a base of haste seems interesting.. help pls

    I have switched my gem and all yet thou, since, I want to wait to know the answer before :x
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2013-11-05 at 02:31 PM.

  20. #660
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlight View Post
    @Athanasios

    Thanks a bunch for the response, that clarified everything!

    In regards to my gemming/reforging, I've been pretty unlucky with decent drops thus far - Spirit+Crit pieces - and I really want to stay at 1.5s cast times. I've had to gem kinda oddly to ensure that.

    @Recom

    Yeah, that was my main concern with asking that question. If I cast Unleash before I Ascendance (So.. Unleash > Lava Burst > Ascendance), I found that I only had a couple seconds like on my Ascendance and I didn't know whether the boosted LvB was > than 2 LvB.
    You should sim yourself and find out what your reforging/regemming should look like. Totemspot has a great guide on how to do just that.

    2 LvB > Boosted LvB. Boosted LvB is 143% (30%+10% multiplicative) dmg, 2 LvB is 200% damage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    I basically have to come back as ele for my core group ( use to be resto ) but im quite confuse, I see full haste build here, and full mastery on Icy vein, I do have the legendary meta and legendary cloak, what should be my real stats priority?

    I use to go full haste, but with the meta and trinket... FUll mastery with a base of haste seems interesting.. help pls

    I have switched my gem and all yet thou, since, I want to wait to know the answer before :x
    Eh, did you read the guide? Also, Totemspot should be any shaman's go-to website.
    The only way to be sure to sim it, with reforge plots.
    Follow the link just further up in this post on my reply to Bloodlight.
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •