Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
44
... LastLast
  1. #661
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,485
    Cool ty ! Im looking it up atm ! But yeh i did read the guide but still was confuse about it, never really user sim, but im doing it now, its processing, ty

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    Cool ty ! Im looking it up atm ! But yeh i did read the guide but still was confuse about it, never really user sim, but im doing it now, its processing, ty
    No problem. Ask away if you have more questions

    PS: Your "location" is mispelled on "Nether" :P
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

    Grimshac - Neptulon, 4th best guild on Alliance side, Resto Shaman !

  3. #663
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    No problem. Ask away if you have more questions

    PS: Your "location" is mispelled on "Nether" :P
    Ho shit ty ! those kind of error I do not see, damn you dislexia

  4. #664
    Epic! Dave131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, Ca.
    Posts
    1,573
    Question:

    So I FINALLY got a shoulder upgrade, not the tier shoulders, but still better than my LFR ToT pair.

    Anyway, the piece has 2 blue sockets in it with a 120 Int bonus and I have no idea what gems to put in this thing. Oh, also, I am already WAY over Hit cap as all my gear is very Spirit heavy and even with reforging every piece I am at 15.8 Hit. So yeah, Purified Amethyst is right out. I guess my question is would it be worth it to try and match the sockets for the bonus, or should I just put straight mastery gems in? Oh, I have the Purified Bindings of Water Guy trinket so I have been gemming more for Mastery recently.

    So there ya go, guys. Enlighten me
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

  5. #665
    I say 640 mastery if you're that far over hit cap, no reason to add more to it. Also in that situation if you're gemming mastery and picking up the socket bonus with the spirit, it would be better to use 160mastery/160spirit gems.

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Question:

    So I FINALLY got a shoulder upgrade, not the tier shoulders, but still better than my LFR ToT pair.

    Anyway, the piece has 2 blue sockets in it with a 120 Int bonus and I have no idea what gems to put in this thing. Oh, also, I am already WAY over Hit cap as all my gear is very Spirit heavy and even with reforging every piece I am at 15.8 Hit. So yeah, Purified Amethyst is right out. I guess my question is would it be worth it to try and match the sockets for the bonus, or should I just put straight mastery gems in? Oh, I have the Purified Bindings of Water Guy trinket so I have been gemming more for Mastery recently.

    So there ya go, guys. Enlighten me
    How does having Purified Bindings make mastery more attractive?

    OT: Go pure haste/mastery. The stats lost from 320 spirit (DPS Value= Zero), rather than gain 320 (haste/mastery) over 120 int. If you assume that haste (or mastery) is worth at the very least one third of Int (Int =1, Master/Haste>0,33), then it's a DPS gain.
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

    Grimshac - Neptulon, 4th best guild on Alliance side, Resto Shaman !

  7. #667
    Epic! Dave131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, Ca.
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    How does having Purified Bindings make mastery more attractive?

    OT: Go pure haste/mastery. The stats lost from 320 spirit (DPS Value= Zero), rather than gain 320 (haste/mastery) over 120 int. If you assume that haste (or mastery) is worth at the very least one third of Int (Int =1, Master/Haste>0,33), then it's a DPS gain.
    Uh well, as I understand it, the plus 6 to 8 percent makes Mastery/Haste more attractive than Int
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

  8. #668
    First time poster on here, just have a question with my ele shaman. I notice a lot of shamans going with pure mastery gems for yellow and int mastery for red, my question is is it really worth it? When compete on dps against some of those shamans i always seem to out dps them with us both having about the same ilvl. I'll put a link to my battle.net profile but i got pure int for red then int/haste for yellow and i try to go with mostly haste over mastery just kinda how i always played elemental.

    I'm open to any suggestions, tips or any other advice. Just kinda seeing if i'm getting the most outta my shaman or if i need to try something else out
    well won't let me post a link directly to my battle.net, But my shaman's name is Uldinaw on Illidan server

  9. #669
    To be able to tell for sure what would be best gemming/reforging/enchanting strategy, you'd need to sim your character.
    Some general advice that seems to hold true for most:
    1) 160 int vs 320 haste or mastery. 160 int is better at low gear levels, but somewhere mid ToT gearwise the secondary gems seemed to have started taking over. With your 557 ilvl it's most likely that going yellow gems (or orange for red sockets) would be a better idea. Sim to be sure.
    2) Haste vs mastery. Usually a very close decision. Haste is supposed to be slightly better for singletarget, and mastery better for cleave/AoE. Given the amount of cleave fights in SoO, it's tempting to just go for mastery. I was full haste last week but now we got thok hc down and gonna try out full mastery this reset, see how it feels/goes. To be sure of your own weights, sim is again the only certainty.

    Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

  10. #670
    Quote Originally Posted by Uldinaw View Post
    First time poster on here, just have a question with my ele shaman. I notice a lot of shamans going with pure mastery gems for yellow and int mastery for red, my question is is it really worth it? When compete on dps against some of those shamans i always seem to out dps them with us both having about the same ilvl. I'll put a link to my battle.net profile but i got pure int for red then int/haste for yellow and i try to go with mostly haste over mastery just kinda how i always played elemental.
    You're probably better than them, or you got good RNG on the encounters you were checking, or you have slightly better gear. The difference between full Int or Haste or Mastery is tiny (1-1.5% last time i checked for myself) which is why it's so sad that almost every post in this subforum is about Haste VS Mastery. It really doesn't matter.

  11. #671
    Ty for the tips, i'll give it a try and see what comes of it. Just have been curious and i did read from icy veins that mastery is more for AoE, and haste is more for single target, but i'll do some testing and see what comes of it.

  12. #672
    One question:

    On 5.3 Haste > Mastery
    On 5.4 Mastery >= Haste si true on high item level?

    I'm 552 and use 29% haste for 52% Mastery. This situation is Good for max dps?

  13. #673
    Is it a single target gain if there is 2 targets and you switch out LB with CL if you have the t16 2 set?

  14. #674
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Is it a single target gain if there is 2 targets and you switch out LB with CL if you have the t16 2 set?
    I'm using Set x2 ToT and have only set x1 SoO

  15. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by HadesSaint View Post
    I'm using Set x2 ToT and have only set x1 SoO
    Why did you tell me that?

  16. #676
    It's for your reply...or not?

  17. #677
    For those confused about why 5.3 was Haste> Mastery and 5.4 is now Mastery > Haste - there's two reasons.

    A. RPPM Haste stacking Nerfs.
    B. Primal Elementalist Nerf

    Honestly, there's 0 need to EVER spec into Primal this tier.

    Spec UF. Embrace the UF. Love the power of UF.

  18. #678
    It's true. UF owns. Working on Heroic Paragons 25 right now and the only fight I don't use UF is H Blackfuse. I use PE on that fight even though it's probably suboptimal but it's one less thing to track on a hectic fight. Also, much Chain Lightning.

  19. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post
    For those confused about why 5.3 was Haste> Mastery and 5.4 is now Mastery > Haste - there's two reasons.

    A. RPPM Haste stacking Nerfs.
    B. Primal Elementalist Nerf


    Honestly, there's 0 need to EVER spec into Primal this tier.

    Spec UF. Embrace the UF. Love the power of UF.
    Sorry i have italian client UF = Unleash flame? And where is the Haste stack nerf?

  20. #680
    Hello there, I'm not used to post in this forum (but an avid warlock lurker) so I've figured this is the best place to ask the question I have.

    I'm coming here to help my girlfriend, ele shaman (armory, don't mind the bad gems) but who can't speak english on her own.
    We've done some research and (a lot of) theorycraft about her character, so I come here to share the results. Not that I want some hand-holding, but I just want to be SURE my conclusion are correct.

    So, I've simmed her character through different scenarios, which I explain now :

    5 min fight, talent UF/EoE, Skill good, One then three enemies, light movement, version 541-1 here are my results

    Reforge | Mono target | multitarget
    Full Haste | 216539 dps | 332054 dps
    Full mastery | 214715 dps | 328935 dps
    10500 Haste&mastery | 216469 dps | 336493 dps

    So, my conclusion :
    - On monotarget, whatever optimisation you choose make NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE. Variance here are simulation noise.
    - On multitarget, keeping haste and mastery close gives the best result, but in an insignificant way. Here again no significant difference.

    With plot reforge :

    Here again, even if difference are noticable, the spikes are difficult to understand. Can one really be so precise with reforge ?

    What I ask of you : did I missed something ? Telling her to stay in a haste build seems the optimal think to do, but I'm willing to ask your confirmation, because I am well aware that simcraft gives only numbers. They are honest, but they are not telling everything.

    Edit : still toying with the reforge plot.
    Starting from my haste=mastery build, I got 336508 dps and this

    So, naively, I thought : "Well, if I reforge 1k haste into 1k Mastery, I should gain approximatively 3k DPS...

    But, after the reforge, I got

    And...332709 dps. Yeah, I lost 3K dps, I really don't get it...
    Last edited by Shauni; 2013-11-19 at 02:04 PM.
    "Well...I think you don't get the concept of World First. It's not Method, it's NOT an obscure asian guild whose name can't be pronounced by the regular folks, it's blizzard !

    Yeah, cuz they had an internal test team, and they beat Garrosh. So by your standart, they are the true first."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •