Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
42
43
... LastLast
  1. #801
    Had to show up 30 mins late to raid last night. They killed immerseus and got H Bindings. Super sad face. Another couple weeks of LFR bindings, I guess. On the bright side, I already have 4/12 Runestones for the first week.

  2. #802
    Let's say that I end up with 7 stacks with lightning shield when there is ~1 sec left on my flame shock on the target. What is the best action to take in this scenario?

    1. Refresh flame shock and wait 4 sec to be able to use the 7 stack earth shock
    2. Use the 7 stack earth shock and then wait the 4 sec to reapply flame shock

    Let's say for simplicity that lava burst is on an ~8 sec cd in this particular scenario. Would be great if some knowledgeable person could give me some pointers, thanks in advance.

  3. #803
    Epic! Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakirigege View Post
    Let's say that I end up with 7 stacks with lightning shield when there is ~1 sec left on my flame shock on the target. What is the best action to take in this scenario?

    1. Refresh flame shock and wait 4 sec to be able to use the 7 stack earth shock
    2. Use the 7 stack earth shock and then wait the 4 sec to reapply flame shock

    Let's say for simplicity that lava burst is on an ~8 sec cd in this particular scenario. Would be great if some knowledgeable person could give me some pointers, thanks in advance.
    In that scenario, cast Earth Shock. If Lava Burst would have been available during the shock CD, cast Flame Shock. In future you should; if Flame Shock is about to expire (6s) AND Lightning Shield has 5 or more stacks, Earth Shock early and reapply Flame Shock when shock CD comes up.

  4. #804
    Not sure if it's OT, forgive me in that case
    Quick question:
    i'm now at 528 ilvl with 3/4 T16 set bonus, TI coin weapon and no LMG/Cape. Should i reforge haste or mastery?
    armory is eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/pozzo-delleternita/Ceppa/simple

    now i'm going haste as i haven't dropped a decent weapon and i haven't at least the LMG.

    Thanks for any input!

  5. #805
    Hi guys! I have a very quick question. For Dark shamans 25hm, would you use PE or UF? I usually use the 2nd one, but i would like to know your opinion! Thx in advance.

  6. #806
    Epic! Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Hi guys! I have a very quick question. For Dark shamans 25hm, would you use PE or UF? I usually use the 2nd one, but i would like to know your opinion! Thx in advance.
    Unleashed Fury!

  7. #807
    We downed 10H Shams last night! No trinket off of roll or drop, and no Dark Sham set either, but it was still a glorious kill. Our Haromm group usually ends up dying around 5-10% which normally causes the bosses to despawn, but for some reason they stuck and we got it! I still can't break 1m dps during opening w/ dogs, but I feel like once I get my cloak and/or heroic bindings, I'll be there.

    Starting to think more about UF. On little to no movement fights, is UF still better?

  8. #808
    Epic! Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    We downed 10H Shams last night! No trinket off of roll or drop, and no Dark Sham set either, but it was still a glorious kill. Our Haromm group usually ends up dying around 5-10% which normally causes the bosses to despawn, but for some reason they stuck and we got it! I still can't break 1m dps during opening w/ dogs, but I feel like once I get my cloak and/or heroic bindings, I'll be there.

    Starting to think more about UF. On little to no movement fights, is UF still better?
    Since it got buffed, I'm finding it hard to find reasons not to take Unleashed Fury on every boss. That said, Elemental Blast is better on fights where you're target switching a hell of a lot.

    Also, you should be able to break 1M on the dogs unless you're tanking them spread out like, make sure you can pre-cast Chain Lightning on the pull to proc your trinkets and then straight up Ascendance > Lava Beam

  9. #809
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Since it got buffed, I'm finding it hard to find reasons not to take Unleashed Fury on every boss. That said, Elemental Blast is better on fights where you're target switching a hell of a lot.

    Also, you should be able to break 1M on the dogs unless you're tanking them spread out like, make sure you can pre-cast Chain Lightning on the pull to proc your trinkets and then straight up Ascendance > Lava Beam
    Really? Am I supposed to FS every mob? Or does lava beam simply do incredible dmg on its own? Interesting. I'll give it a shot next week.

  10. #810
    Epic! Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    Really? Am I supposed to FS every mob? Or does lava beam simply do incredible dmg on its own? Interesting. I'll give it a shot next week.
    I wouldn't dream of putting a Flame Shock up whilst the dogs are alive and stacked! Put up Flame Shocks when the dogs are dead :P.

    Lava Beam spam is our highest possible burst. Talking 1-4M+ spikes with good trinket procs!

  11. #811
    Our casual raid was a mess last night. We only raid two nights a week (Wedn and Sun), but we weren't able to clear much of anything last night. A couple in the group had their internet blown up, and one simply didn't show up. We somehow filled in the 3 slots and got Heroic Immerseus down. It was sort of embarrassing because the entire raid knew that I REALLY wanted HBindings, so the officer suggested just clearing Immers before calling it. We got the boss down and the GL opened the chest and said, "Heroic WF trinket and Heroic WF trinket." Despite knowing that they can't drop a duplicate, I was trolled beyond belief and proceeded to feel sincerely down.

    Oh, and 0/5 for non guaranteed ToT runestones this week. =(

  12. #812
    Epic! Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    We got the boss down and the GL opened the chest and said, "Heroic WF trinket and Heroic WF trinket." Despite knowing that they can't drop a duplicate, I was trolled beyond belief and proceeded to feel sincerely down.
    Rofl, I do that :P. Best part is to actually link a Heroic Warforged trinket and some random piece of crap, ask everyone to link or roll or whatever, then when they start cheering on mumble just say jkz it didn't drop, anyone on the cloak?

  13. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Unleashed Fury!
    I've honestly found PE works very well for that fight, especially on the initial burst. Talking 2-4mil+ easy on burst. Plus I am typically able to squeeze in one more FET during a slime phase so to increase my benefit. Thoughts on UF > PE for that fight?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrden View Post
    Not sure if it's OT, forgive me in that case
    Quick question:
    i'm now at 528 ilvl with 3/4 T16 set bonus, TI coin weapon and no LMG/Cape. Should i reforge haste or mastery?
    armory is eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/pozzo-delleternita/Ceppa/simple

    now i'm going haste as i haven't dropped a decent weapon and i haven't at least the LMG.

    Thanks for any input!
    Generally, you'll want to go haste until you've obtained your legendary meta. A general rule of thumb I have given my guildies when they have an ele alt..

    Gem intel until 510 or so (most people dont gem this gear anymore, so feel free to ignore this)
    Gem / reforge haste until 550 or so (because by this point the legendary quest is over)
    Use EB / PE until you can get in the 80%'s of mastery while holding a 30%+ on haste (I prefer the 36% mark)

    GL!

  14. #814
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post
    Gem intel until 510 or so (most people dont gem this gear anymore, so feel free to ignore this)
    Gem / reforge haste until 550 or so (because by this point the legendary quest is over)
    Use EB / PE until you can get in the 80%'s of mastery while holding a 30%+ on haste (I prefer the 36% mark)

    GL!
    I thought the soft cap was 35%? Why 36?
    Deathrites Armory
    11/14 H
    Bleeding Hollow

  15. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post
    I've honestly found PE works very well for that fight, especially on the initial burst. Talking 2-4mil+ easy on burst. Plus I am typically able to squeeze in one more FET during a slime phase so to increase my benefit. Thoughts on UF > PE for that fight?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Generally, you'll want to go haste until you've obtained your legendary meta. A general rule of thumb I have given my guildies when they have an ele alt..

    Gem intel until 510 or so (most people dont gem this gear anymore, so feel free to ignore this)
    Gem / reforge haste until 550 or so (because by this point the legendary quest is over)
    Use EB / PE until you can get in the 80%'s of mastery while holding a 30%+ on haste (I prefer the 36% mark)

    GL!
    Thank you very much!

  16. #816
    Epic! Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post
    I've honestly found PE works very well for that fight, especially on the initial burst. Talking 2-4mil+ easy on burst. Plus I am typically able to squeeze in one more FET during a slime phase so to increase my benefit. Thoughts on UF > PE for that fight?
    Well I suppose this could be subject to how your guild personally handles the fight. As a 25 man guild we (of course) split the bosses up, so the fight essentially becomes a purely single target fight (with the exception of geyser) past the 30-40s mark. Our kills normally last around 5 minutes from logs and the foul slimes typically get absolutely globalled when they spawn (3 elementals, 2 destro locks and an arcane mage, good game!). In my circumstances it would be an absolutely terrible idea to run with PE for 30s of burst (especially because the time we kill it means I can't drop a second FE).

    I could imagine it might be better if the dogs are up for years, the fight lasts around 6 minutes and you are allowed to cleave the slimes till your hearts content.

    Sadly I don't get the luxury of this :P

  17. #817
    Has anyone here succeded with proving ground as ele?
    If so what secondary stat did you go for after going full int? haste or mastery?

  18. #818
    I got to score 290 and hold a 5 or 10% rank on my server, which is fairly large. It's extremely hard for ele's, but you can gear in the same way you do for CMs. Maximize red int and haste reforges would be the set up i'd use if I cared to go back in and try.

  19. #819
    Is ascendance supposed to be bad at low gear levels? Only adds like 10k dps o.o

    Note im not using EM though, rolling with ancestral swiftness. Should i go with elemental mastery instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  20. #820
    Epic! Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is ascendance supposed to be bad at low gear levels? Only adds like 10k dps o.o

    Note im not using EM though, rolling with ancestral swiftness. Should i go with elemental mastery instead?
    Ascendance will be strong regardless of gear; I think the culprit would be lack of trinkets/meta that really reinforce Ascendance burst.

    Ancestral Swiftness will never be a good idea for Elemental. Elemental Mastery is only better if all that matters is a specific moment of burst; sure your Ascendance will do a lot more damage, but you'll lose sustained damage for it (it would be a DPS loss in most situations).

    The only time I can think of Elemental Mastery being better would be things like CModes where burst matters more, bosses which take massively increased damage for a short amount of time (a boss like Magmaw?) or if you're killing a mob very quickly. That said, I don't think I've used it at all this entire expansion.

    It's borderline useless in current tier gear since most of your spells are GCD capped half the time regardless, and EoTE provides a flat ~6% damage increase.

    I can't think of a reason to take Ancestral Swiftness at all for PvE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •