Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
... LastLast
  1. #841
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    To go full haste build for heroic Thok, or not to... Any idea? Figure pure haste build would be best for Thok, not 100% sure though.
    Doubt it, you'll only get one cast off during Screeches regardless.

    I wouldn't bother, Mastery seems a safer bet.

  2. #842
    questioning my sanity a bit here. Every time I sim DPS I show haste as an increase single target and mastery being better for AOE, but the differences are slight, such that gaining 8% haste in exchange for 10% mastery is about even on AOE and a slight single target increase. Still, I see almost every shaman running 32-33% haste instead of 40% with lower mastery like me. Is the sim data bad, are my assumptions incorrect, or am I actually correct in staying at higher haste?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B4dage/simple

  3. #843
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    questioning my sanity a bit here. Every time I sim DPS I show haste as an increase single target and mastery being better for AOE, <snip>
    Haste usually sims higher on pure single target, but since there are virtually 0 purely single target fights in SoO (excluding IJ), everyone runs Mastery by default.

  4. #844
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    questioning my sanity a bit here. Every time I sim DPS I show haste as an increase single target and mastery being better for AOE, but the differences are slight, such that gaining 8% haste in exchange for 10% mastery is about even on AOE and a slight single target increase. Still, I see almost every shaman running 32-33% haste instead of 40% with lower mastery like me. Is the sim data bad, are my assumptions incorrect, or am I actually correct in staying at higher haste?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B4dage/simple
    It might be worth running your sims with some extra targets in place, so that you get numbers reflecting however many targets you want to focus on? Should be able to just throw them in there and get the DPS benefit without having to tune, eg, damage taken or whatever.

  5. #845
    Endus,

    I can't believe you went through all the effort to create such an amazing WA's package... and didn't group them. If someone doesn't like the exact placing of ALL the bars and CD trackers.... they'd have to spend hours trying to line everything up again! It makes them almost unusable if you need to move them or am I missing something. You (or someone else) wouldn't happen to have an import that has the set up actually grouped do you? I think the set up is amazing... which simply makes it that much more frustrating that such a simple thing as having the whole thing grouped wasn't done.

  6. #846
    Here's a few questions:

    (Hopefully the armory realizes I didn't log out in pvp gear)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thrites/simple

    I have H Gaze, but tonight I got HWF mace from Shamans. I only have a flex shield (thought it was norm), but we do have H Noru on farm and just beat H Malk and H Spoils tonight with the new ilvl upgrades (Spoils is a joke). If I get an offhand that isn't a shield and it's just normal, is it worth it to have that OH with the HWF mace? Basically, HWF Mace + norm ilvl OH vs. H Gaze?

    Also, I did poop for dmg on Spoils. I tried Ele blast because there's quite a bit of target switching, but it didn't help very much. Is there something I should heavily concern myself with as for my rotation or priority on Spoils? Keep in mind, only myself and one other ranged are killing the 10 sec sparks.

    Lastly, my opener for H shams seems like it could use improvement. I'm currently using Fire Ele at 2.5 before pull, queuing earthquake aprox 1.5-1.75 sec before pull, and then using flame shock, stormlash, and my Ascendance macro in that order, at which point I spam lava beam. Any improvement? My ascendance macro consists of Ascendance, Eng Gloves, Orc Racial, and int pot. I've been peaking burst at approx 2.5M dps.

    Thanks for any and all help!
    Deathrites Armory
    11/14 H
    Bleeding Hollow

  7. #847
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    Here's a few questions:

    (Hopefully the armory realizes I didn't log out in pvp gear)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thrites/simple

    I have H Gaze, but tonight I got HWF mace from Shamans. I only have a flex shield (thought it was norm), but we do have H Noru on farm and just beat H Malk and H Spoils tonight with the new ilvl upgrades (Spoils is a joke). If I get an offhand that isn't a shield and it's just normal, is it worth it to have that OH with the HWF mace? Basically, HWF Mace + norm ilvl OH vs. H Gaze?

    Also, I did poop for dmg on Spoils. I tried Ele blast because there's quite a bit of target switching, but it didn't help very much. Is there something I should heavily concern myself with as for my rotation or priority on Spoils? Keep in mind, only myself and one other ranged are killing the 10 sec sparks.

    Lastly, my opener for H shams seems like it could use improvement. I'm currently using Fire Ele at 2.5 before pull, queuing earthquake aprox 1.5-1.75 sec before pull, and then using flame shock, stormlash, and my Ascendance macro in that order, at which point I spam lava beam. Any improvement? My ascendance macro consists of Ascendance, Eng Gloves, Orc Racial, and int pot. I've been peaking burst at approx 2.5M dps.

    Thanks for any and all help!
    HWF Weapon & Normal OH would be better, using the flex shield they are probably about the same (though I'd still opt to you use the HWF MH over the staff).

    For spoils, two things. One, it all depends on how your group does it for how much damage you will do. If you are still taking the fight carefully and opening slowly, your DPS will suck. If you have it on farm and yolo open all the boxes, it doesn't matter which talent you use. Elemental Blast seems like a good shout on that boss, I use UF but it's half laziness and half not single target DPS'ing on that boss. Also Elemental is crap on sparks so you'll lose a fuck ton there having to constantly target switch. Get Arcane Mages/Destro Locks/SV Hunters to do it!

    Opener seems okay, but I wouldn't bother using Earthquake. Instead open with a Chain Lightning to proc your trinkets on the pull, then straight into Ascendance, don't bother with Earthquake or Flame Shock on the opener. Also, pad the fuck out of the slimes if you wanna do the big DPS! Be ready and in a good position to start spamming Chain Lightning straight as the boss starts casting Foul Geyser.

  8. #848
    Woops, I didn't mean to include flame shock. I don't ever include that. But is the Earthquake really not even necessary? Is it wasted trinket/cd procs? Oh well. Thanks for your input. I noticed how our Surv Hunter just obliterates sparks, and I just throw bolt after bolt into it, hoping I crit and don't have to send more than 3 casts at it. Last night, my side was: Blood DK, Disc Priest, Fury War, Surv Hunt, and myself as Ele.
    Deathrites Armory
    11/14 H
    Bleeding Hollow

  9. #849
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    Woops, I didn't mean to include flame shock. I don't ever include that. But is the Earthquake really not even necessary? Is it wasted trinket/cd procs? Oh well. Thanks for your input. I noticed how our Surv Hunter just obliterates sparks, and I just throw bolt after bolt into it, hoping I crit and don't have to send more than 3 casts at it. Last night, my side was: Blood DK, Disc Priest, Fury War, Surv Hunt, and myself as Ele.
    Well no matter what the first spell is you start the fight with, you will not get the benefit of trinket procs on them. Chain Lightning would do more damage on 4 targets than Earthquake; you only really pre-cast Earthquake in SoO if you can't cast anything else (bosses that haven't activated yet, or about to re-submerge, adds are about to spawn).

  10. #850
    Hey all!

    I have read a lot of discuccion about "haste or mastery" fight. I have an elemental shaman in 552 iLvL, best dps, what I did - till today - is 212k (Malkorok Flex). So, how good is this? Now I prefer mastery with a bit haste reforge, but I don't know, I undecided.

    What's your oppinion?

  11. #851
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasakibire View Post
    Hey all!

    I have read a lot of discuccion about "haste or mastery" fight. I have an elemental shaman in 552 iLvL, best dps, what I did - till today - is 212k (Malkorok Flex). So, how good is this? Now I prefer mastery with a bit haste reforge, but I don't know, I undecided.

    What's your oppinion?
    If you post your armory (I tried searching for Sasakibire but couldn't find anyone) we can tell you a bit more. It heavily depends on what stage of the legendary chain you are on, what your trinkets are ect. The best answer is almost always to sim it, which we would need your armory link to do.


  12. #852
    Yeah sure, sorry. But I can't link my armory "until you post a few times." Great :S

    Character name: Ryuzakisama (Arathor)

    + I have Black Blood Y'Shaarj trinket (flex)

  13. #853
    Yeah, thats an anti-spam thing

    http://cl.ly/image/0Z0J3G2W0r1B

    According to the above simcraft screenshot, your three possible stats (Int, Mastery and Haste) are all basically worth exactly the same. However, because of you having the Meta gem and you have Bindings of Immerseus I would focus on Mastery over the others. As such, yellow slots like your legs should be Flat Mastery gems rather than Int+Mastery.

    Also according to that sim, your absolute perfect DPS on average should be (single target patchwerk, full buffs, flask and pots) 247k DPS, so the DPS you got isn't too bad, maybe slightly better. If you had some logs you could link then I could give you a bit more information on that.

    One tip is, if possible, drop Mining. It's the only Primary Profession I think that gives no DPS bonus at all. Whilst the differences are by no means huge, they are still something. You could use mining to collect all the materials you need (many guides out there to tell you what you need exactly) and then use them to level up Blacksmithing or Engineering.
    Last edited by Undefetter; 2014-06-03 at 09:12 PM.


  14. #854
    Does the Lightning Shield glyph trigger from Heroic Malk's ball-splosion thing? I'm soaking a good portion of the room in P2, and I'm the only one with a rocket belt. Anything I can do to help myself stay alive is great.
    Deathrites Armory
    11/14 H
    Bleeding Hollow

  15. #855
    The Patient Zeruge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    264
    Yup, pop your defensives and you'll be okay, but be careful because if your nitro boost fails you're in trouble

  16. #856
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    Does the Lightning Shield glyph trigger from Heroic Malk's ball-splosion thing? I'm soaking a good portion of the room in P2, and I'm the only one with a rocket belt. Anything I can do to help myself stay alive is great.
    I'm not actually sure on that one. I'm behind on progression this expansion so I'm not sure on finer points of encounters like that. Zeruge may well be right as he likely know more than me (as I don't know at all ^_^) but Lightning Shield normally does not proc on AoE abilities, and I was under the impression that was small range AoE damage. It only procs on single target direct damage.


  17. #857
    Shouldn't need the lightning glyph, although admittedly I run the glyph almost full time. You could also run the flame shock to give you some healing to build the shield back up.

    If you are really worried, run astral shift. Between that and sham rage, you should be able to soak all three explosions before a breath - to which they should be close to coming back off of cool down soon after. The first use astral shift, then sham rage, then a hearthstone.

    Depending on your healers, you may not even need to pop a defensive due to a high shield.
    Last edited by Epistate; 2014-06-08 at 05:49 PM.

  18. #858
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post
    ... then a hearthstone.
    :d that's a pretty funny mt.

  19. #859
    Hehehe. Oops.

  20. #860
    Sorry if this was already answered but is it worth it to track which stat you get from EB? So you could refresh flame shock with haste.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •