Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ...
34
42
43
44
45
46
... LastLast
  1. #861
    Thank you both for the in-depth answers. Much appreciated.

  2. #862
    Normal Signet of the Dinomancers vs Heroic Seal of Eternal Sorrow? I'm about .6 over hit cap.
    Deathrites Armory
    Orc Elemental Shaman
    Bleeding Hollow
    7/7 Heroic Highmaul
    1/7 Mythic Highmaul

  3. #863
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    Normal Signet of the Dinomancers vs Heroic Seal of Eternal Sorrow? I'm about .6 over hit cap.
    This is hard to answer without upgraded information.

    Are you .6% over hit cap with or without the signet?

    I would probably use the normal signet upgraded over the heroic seal. This is assuming you are not killing heroic Thok consistently yet.

    Sim craft always has the answer. Any hit over 15% is wasted dps.

    Edit: looked at your armory. If I were you, I'd use signet and seal to replace the heroic galakras ring.
    Last edited by Epistate; 2014-06-12 at 01:31 AM.

  4. #864
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post

    Edit: looked at your armory. If I were you, I'd use signet and seal to replace the heroic galakras ring.
    Whats with the helm though, first thought was a challange mode set, but those trinkets arent great

  5. #865
    Hello all!

    I was wondering if you all could help me. I just picked elemental shaman back up and was looking for some advice!

    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...incloud/simple

    Now, i have been reading some guides and am still a little confused. How should i be gemming exactly? (It shows me under hit cap but im actually at the hit cap so i dont know why it shows me below it). Secondly, how much dps should i roughly be doing with 546 ilvl?

    Thanks in advance!

  6. #866
    Since you have your legendary meta, you may begin gemming mastery. Personally, I'd bump your haste up to around ~30% and then go full on mastery, but people on here will say otherwise. In either case, gemming intellect is now less attractive at your gear level.

  7. #867
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhealsing View Post
    Hello all!

    I was wondering if you all could help me. I just picked elemental shaman back up and was looking for some advice!

    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...incloud/simple

    Now, i have been reading some guides and am still a little confused. How should i be gemming exactly? (It shows me under hit cap but im actually at the hit cap so i dont know why it shows me below it). Secondly, how much dps should i roughly be doing with 546 ilvl?

    Thanks in advance!
    1 - You are currently over the hit cap on your armory link, but I suppose you likely did some gem/reforge changes since you posted this

    2 - Here is a screencap of the SimCraft stat weights for your current gear. Bare in mind that this is if you flatly added on more of each stat. If you reforged everything into pure Mastery, the value of Mastery would drop and could end up with a fresh Simulation telling you Haste is now better.



    As you can see, currently Haste is worth just over 90% of what Mastery is worth, and Mastery is worth over 50% of what Intellect is worth, meaning that as you get twice as much Mastery from gems as you get Intellect, you should be gemming for Mastery from now on. Also remember that this is on a purely single target encounter. On cleave/AoE encounters where Chain Lightning is a factor (note: that is most of SoO) Haste losing a significant amount of value because of how limited the gains are for Chain Lightning from Haste. This should even further push you towards a full Mastery build from now on.


  8. #868
    I was changing gems ect when you were prolly checking my armory hehe.

    I really appreciate all the feedback you've givin me, and the time to do a simcraft. I have changed some gems around and we'll give this a go.

    Thank you!

  9. #869
    Anyone capable of soloing a H siegecrafter belt? We've put one full raid night into the fight with little progress. 4th or 5th belt we're scattered as ranged, tanks are still trying to find the stack sweet spots. We're going to be attempting Evrelia Gaming's method.

    Our two belt teams will be warrior/myself and hunter/mage. Our hunter doesn't feel comfortable attempting each belt while we're smoothing out our approach.
    Deathrites Armory
    Orc Elemental Shaman
    Bleeding Hollow
    7/7 Heroic Highmaul
    1/7 Mythic Highmaul

  10. #870
    Pandaren Monk Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,784
    You're hunter should man up and accept his responsibility of doing the belt. He should go do LFR/Flex and practice the disengage til he has it down. No point wasting raid time trying to learn it.

    By having 4 people do it you lose a lot of DPS having an extra person run back and forth. You also (as an elemental shaman) are fantastic down on the platform, taking care of the mines with chain lightning.

    Regarding the ranged all being spread out, make sure EVERYONE watches the video, and have someone as the designated ranged stack point. The movement is basically a pattern of middle - side - middle - side after the initial emp laser and magnet combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Was that really a signature worthy quote?

  11. #871
    On klaxxi hc, would using CL with only 2 targets be an increase on single target because of the extra fulmination charges?

  12. #872
    Pit Lord Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    2,385
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    On klaxxi hc, would using CL with only 2 targets be an increase on single target because of the extra fulmination charges?
    Not even remotely close.

    The only, even remotely passable use for Chain Lightning on that boss is to buff Ancestral Guidance healing (I still think this is semi-scumbaggy but if it helps you progress then w/e).

  13. #873
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Not even remotely close.

    The only, even remotely passable use for Chain Lightning on that boss is to buff Ancestral Guidance healing (I still think this is semi-scumbaggy but if it helps you progress then w/e).
    Yeah I thought so but since this guide (http://www.warcraft.evrelia.com/elem...and-cooldowns/) says:

    However, on a fight like Paragons of the Klaxxi where the damage on the other targets is not needed, simply perform your single target rotation on one, but use Chain Lightning instead of Lightning Bolt, just like against two targets.
    I thought it could be a thing that people did, I'll just disregard it then, thanks.

  14. #874
    Pit Lord Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    2,385
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    Yeah I thought so but since this guide (http://www.warcraft.evrelia.com/elem...and-cooldowns/) says:


    I thought it could be a thing that people did, I'll just disregard it then, thanks.
    That would be the rotation if the DPS on the other targets actually mattered in any way. To note, it is a single target DPS increase to multi-dot Flame Shock on two targets (though not more). Not that this helps much, we're talking ~4% or less depending on LMG luck.

  15. #875
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    That would be the rotation if the DPS on the other targets actually mattered in any way. To note, it is a single target DPS increase to multi-dot Flame Shock on two targets (though not more). Not that this helps much, we're talking ~4% or less depending on LMG luck.
    Having recently picked up a ele shaman alt, this actually intrigues me a bit. My CL is at 1.07 cast, 42315 dmg (or 39546 dmg for 1 second). My Lightningbolt is at 1.43 sec, 73180 dmg (or 51174 dmg for 1 sec). So about 22-23% stronger.
    Obviously, CL on 3 targets generate lightning shield charges at tripple the rate. So I take it from what you say, that tripple-rate generation is not worth the 23% damage difference in using CL over Lightning bolt?
    (this is with the glyph, so I guess the actual difference would be about 20% without it).

  16. #876
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Having recently picked up a ele shaman alt, this actually intrigues me a bit. My CL is at 1.07 cast, 42315 dmg (or 39546 dmg for 1 second). My Lightningbolt is at 1.43 sec, 73180 dmg (or 51174 dmg for 1 sec). So about 22-23% stronger.
    Obviously, CL on 3 targets generate lightning shield charges at tripple the rate. So I take it from what you say, that tripple-rate generation is not worth the 23% damage difference in using CL over Lightning bolt?
    (this is with the glyph, so I guess the actual difference would be about 20% without it).
    Chain Lightning generates charges at 1/3 the rate per target that Lightning Bolt does. So cleaving 2 targets only generates 2/3 of the procs, before counting Mastery. Chain Lightning also has a 1/3 chance to proc Mastery, but it can proc off both targets. Even so, still less of a chance to proc than Lightning Bolt.

    On 3 targets, the proc rate is the same as Lightning Bolt, however the single target damage is lower, as the cleave damage doesn't mean anything.

    tl;dr You have a lower proc rate with Chain Lightning on 2 targets than you do with Lightning Bolt on 1. Proc rate is the same on 3 targets, and you should use CL on 3 targets, but not on Klaxxi.


  17. #877
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Chain Lightning generates charges at 1/3 the rate per target that Lightning Bolt does. So cleaving 2 targets only generates 2/3 of the procs, before counting Mastery. Chain Lightning also has a 1/3 chance to proc Mastery, but it can proc off both targets. Even so, still less of a chance to proc than Lightning Bolt.

    On 3 targets, the proc rate is the same as Lightning Bolt, however the single target damage is lower, as the cleave damage doesn't mean anything.

    tl;dr You have a lower proc rate with Chain Lightning on 2 targets than you do with Lightning Bolt on 1. Proc rate is the same on 3 targets, and you should use CL on 3 targets, but not on Klaxxi.
    Are you sure? I can only find the comments on wowhead as a source, and it states both has a 60% chance to trigger and spending 10 min on a 3-target-dummy, I am generating on average 3-4x lightning charges per CL, and often get all 6 charges (which would be unreasonable even with 100% mastery). I'm not sure how to test it better, but I really don't believe CL only has a 20% chance per target hit to generate a charge.
    Lightningbolt? Max 2, usually 1. Sometimes zero.

  18. #878
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    tl;dr You have a lower proc rate with Chain Lightning on 2 targets than you do with Lightning Bolt on 1. Proc rate is the same on 3 targets, and you should use CL on 3 targets, but not on Klaxxi.
    reason why people say it does generate higher single target dmg is because of earth shock seeing with cl u gain stacks much quicker.

  19. #879
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrayder View Post
    reason why people say it does generate higher single target dmg is because of earth shock seeing with cl u gain stacks much quicker.
    What he said, though, is that both mastery and shield charges are genereated at 1/3 the rate from CL than they are from lightningbolt - so hitting 3 targets = same chance to proc an extra CL/a fulmination proc as 1x lightningbolt. I'm seeing something else ingame, but humans are faulty by design, so if anyone knows how to accurately test it / has the coefficients etc somehwere, that'd be sick .

  20. #880
    casting cl is quicker though, so if they are both equal chance of fulm procs and say in my personal case cl cast = 1sec lb cast = 1.4 sec its more efficient to cast cl to gain fulm stacks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •