Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Why isn't Earth Shock 6-7 stacks a high priority than Lava Burst? It seems to be doing significantly more damage, regardless of whether it crits or not.

I'm guessing its due to Elemental Overload and the desire to NOT lose any time on another Lava Surge Proc?
    Because Lava Burst has a higher DPCT value, and delaying LvB delays your next cast, whereas delaying Earth Shock means you might waste one LS charge depending on what was cast before LvB.

How is elemental looking at 90?
    I'm leveling a panda shaman alt in mop and was thinking of either going enh/resto or ele/resto.

P.S. Thanks for the guide!

Any chance of including coefficients to the guide?

Great guide though, been waiting for it here and on totemspot. Thanks for the work.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Any chance of including coefficients to the guide?

Great guide though, been waiting for it here and on totemspot. Thanks for the work.
    Both wowdb and wowhead have coefficients in tooltips/spell details now

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Both wowdb and wowhead have coefficients in tooltips/spell details now
    Forgot about that, yeah for nearly everything but fire elemental.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Does anyone know the spell ID for the Elemental Blast haste buff?
    Hi Sephurik

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where am I supposed to start http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31959 at? I'd obviously like to complete that quest line and grab the 489 ring. Does this only open up once HoF opens or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    Where am I supposed to start http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31959 at? I'd obviously like to complete that quest line and grab the 489 ring. Does this only open up once HoF opens or am I missing something?
    I'd suggest trying the main Kalaxxi hub of Klaxxi'vess

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    I'd suggest trying the main Kalaxxi hub of Klaxxi'vess
    Are you just guessing? I can't seem to find the start of this quest at all.

Yes, because I haven't reached that area yet. I might be able to give you a better idea later today, as I plan on hitting the Dread Wastes as soon as I hit 89.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    All quests rewarding 489 items available after you become exalted with particular faction.
    I'm completly blind or you guys missed hands enchant info? Almost forgot, you guys are awesome!
    Last edited by SenSayNyu; 2012-09-28 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    All quests rewarding 489 items available after you become exalted with particular faction.
    This. More quests become available with each faction as you get more rep, not just more dailies. When you become exalted with a faction you unlock the chain to finish their story line. The Klaxxi storyline is about putting the Empress back in here place as she has got too big for her boots. This quest finishes that.

The lead-ins start in the Steppes with the Shado-Pan chains. Once you get a quest to go into Dread Wastes you can follow that to start the Kalaxxi chain.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys!

Deleted
    I'm little bit confused about trinkets: Vision of the Predator and alchemy trinket or brewfest trinket?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding Elemental Blast: Does this not get pushback protection like our other spells? I've seen the +0.5, +1.0s cast times added to my cast bar, while my other spells only get +0.2, +0.7s

Quote Originally Posted by BennyZee View Post
    Regarding Elemental Blast: Does this not get pushback protection like our other spells? I've seen the +0.5, +1.0s cast times added to my cast bar, while my other spells only get +0.2, +0.7s
    If that's what you're seeing, then it's quite possible that it isn't included.

Deleted
    Is it worth delaying a trinket like http://www.wowhead.com/item=81263 too always have it in sync with http://www.wowhead.com/spell=114049/ascendance and/or Fire Elemental Totem?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it says coming soon already, so this question will be aimed more towards my fellow Shamans rather than Endus himself.

Also, all of my questions are specifically pertaining to PVE as I have never been good at nor enjoyed PVP.

Anyway

So I got a new machine, one that can not only run the game pretty well, but one that I can use addons too without it being so laggy that I can't play. That being said, which addons are recommended for relatively new Elemental Shamans? Is there a Shock and Awe equivalent for Elemental?

Next, are there any simple macros I should the using?

Thanks ahead of time
    Last edited by Dave131; 2012-10-01 at 07:22 PM.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So I got a new machine, one that can not only run the game pretty well, but one that I can use addons too without it being so laggy that I can't play. That being said, which addons are recommended for relatively new Elemental Shamans? Is there a Shock and Awe equivalent for Elemental?
    Not in the sense of a separately built addon with that kind of suite of features. You could try something like my aura package; Endus' Shaman Auras, or one of the other UI addons in the "Shaman links" sticky. If what you're looking for is ability trackers, you'll find something there; I specifically designed mine somewhat with the same concept as ShockandAwe, in that I wanted an information-rich package with a small screen real estate with progress bars (though I obviously went a different way on a lot of details).

Next, are there any simple macros I should the using?
    The only ones that really pop to mind are ones to automatically trigger Synapse Springs;
    Code:
    #showtooltip Lightning Bolt
    /use 10
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    For instance. "10" is the glove slot. You can also add in 13/14 for the trinket slots. These aren't necessarily optimal gameplay, since you're just basically using them on CD, but it helps to boost uptime if you keep forgetting them.

Obviously, replace "lightning bolt" with "lava burst" or whatever other spell you like, if you want it on multiple spells.

Most of the rest of things I could suggest would be things like focus Hex macros or mouseover healing macros.