Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To go off of that, another way I usually get the H Tortos buff is to just Wind Shear the crystal.

What 4 pieces of tier are people using for normals? Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves? Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Legs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    As a side point, as tragic as it sounds, UE is actually useful in a couple of the earlier Heroic bosses.

Use a macro to UE the pink barney dinosaur for Heroic Horridon if your searing totem is being a tard and not hitting it away. Use it to also hit the humming crystal in Heroic tortos for a nice buff and that shield. I feel its better than using purge as it sucks mana and doesnt give DPS buff.
    I use Windshear for those, as it is also on a short CD also it can be used during GCD lock out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I use Windshear for those, as it is also on a short CD also it can be used during GCD lock out.
    I prefer UE as its 40 yards range and doesnt have positional requirement

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    What 4 pieces of tier are people using for normals? Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves? Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Legs?
    Helm from primordius is probably best bet. No spirit nor crit, and 180 int socket bonus vs 180 crit if I'm not mistaken.

Before Ra-den, Helm.

After Ra-den, Helm or Chest. Ra-den Chest or Primordius Helm, either works.

I was reading the optimal opener thread last night and I was wondering if I should wait for trinket procs (both int) to drop my fire ele. A lot of people were saying to drop the fire ele before the pull or almost immediately at the start. I was under the impression that your fire elemental took a snapshot of relevant stats when when it spawned and that having an extra 14-20k int would buff it for the entirety it was up. Currently I'm waiting 5-15 seconds into most fights to drop to ensure that as many procs are active at the same time, those being 2 trinket procs, intellect pre-pot and jade spirit. Am I doing it right or does the elemental update dynamically with procs while it is active?

Deleted
    Pets/guardians update automatically, dots snapshot. Think that's true for most if not all specs even.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyPringles View Post
    I was reading the optimal opener thread last night and I was wondering if I should wait for trinket procs (both int) to drop my fire ele. A lot of people were saying to drop the fire ele before the pull or almost immediately at the start. I was under the impression that your fire elemental took a snapshot of relevant stats when when it spawned and that having an extra 14-20k int would buff it for the entirety it was up. Currently I'm waiting 5-15 seconds into most fights to drop to ensure that as many procs are active at the same time, those being 2 trinket procs, intellect pre-pot and jade spirit. Am I doing it right or does the elemental update dynamically with procs while it is active?
    You should drop it after your first hit but before your ascendance to maximize it's damage.

I had a dream last night where FS crits had 100% chance to proc Lava Surge and UVLS became amazing and created an extra mini-Ascendance. It was the best nights sleep I've had in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've managed to pick up Heroic Wushoolay's tonight. I remember sometime back reading about a possible way to maximize the potential of when it reached it's 10th stack... but for the life of me I can't find that thread or post. Would anyone happen to know/remember if there is in fact a way to make the best possible usage out of max stacks? Only thing that comes to mind is a full Fulmination Earth Shock on the 10th stack of Wushoolay's.

PS - The excess amount of hit this tier is stupid. Having 18% hit and no way to reduce it anymore without certain item drops is annoying as hell.

Seems in 5.4 unleash fury flametongue gets a good buff, it might be at least equal to the other 2 talents.

Two quick questions:

1) How good/bad is the SPA trinket compared to LFR trinkets?
    2) For the Ancestral Swiftness + Primal Elementalist build, is there a "popular" dps selection to use the AS with? Or are we using it situationally for things like Earthquake/Healing Rain/Chain Heal?

Thanks
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Two quick questions:

1) How good/bad is the SPA trinket compared to LFR trinkets?
    2) For the Ancestral Swiftness + Primal Elementalist build, is there a "popular" dps selection to use the AS with? Or are we using it situationally for things like Earthquake/Healing Rain/Chain Heal?

Thanks
    1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Trinkets
    Due to how RPPM trinkets work it is fairly complicated to produce an accurate trinket comparison covering Normal, Heroic, Thunderforged and Looking For Raid drops. The ranking of trinkets within one level of gear is Breath > Wushoolays > Cha’ye’s > Vision > Volatile.

As a rough guideline each step is worth an 8 ilvl difference, so a heroic Cha’ye’s would be roughly equal to a normal Breath.
    So around the same level as wush/alittle bit worse then hydra lfr most likely. Close together non the less.

2)
    Fairly sure the most usual thing is to macro it into your lightning bolt, as long as you don't need to EQ/cast healing rain during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    1)

So around the same level as wush/alittle bit worse then hydra lfr most likely. Close together non the less.
    Ah, thanks. I had seen that, but I didn't recognize "Volatile" as the SPA trinket name.

2)
    Fairly sure the most usual thing is to macro it into your lightning bolt, as long as you don't need to EQ/cast healing rain during the fight.
    Ok. Similar question: I realized yesterday that somehow Shamanistic Rage was being completely ignored in my keybinds. Do people tend to macro that one, or just keep it handy for heavy damage phases when Stone Bulwark Totem is unavailable?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Shamastic Rage is usually our strongest defensive cooldown, and should be used during high damage phases on every boss. It's "okay" to macro it into Stone Bulwark Totem usually, but on certain fights you shouldn't (Dark animus heroic etc).

Make sure you find a good keybind for it, it's an important ability!

Hello. I have been using inscription and tailoring for awhile. I'm planning to change inscription to engineer but i'm in a dilemma. By inscription perk i can use +520 intellect instead of +120 intellect as you know. But Synapse Springs has the strongest dps provide. So if i change to engineer how will this affect my burst dps when combining with tailoring Lightweave Embroidery? Or is it not worth to change it?
    Thank you for suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by lexmosti View Post
    Hello. I have been using inscription and tailoring for awhile. I'm planning to change inscription to engineer but i'm in a dilemma. By inscription perk i can use +520 intellect instead of +120 intellect as you know. But Synapse Springs has the strongest dps provide. So if i change to engineer how will this affect my burst dps when combining with tailoring Lightweave Embroidery? Or is it not worth to change it?
    Thank you for suggestions.
    Synapse Strings is the most potent burst dps provided by a profession. However, if you don't use it on CD, over the course of a fight you'll get less benefit than you would with, say, the inscription bonus. If you deliberately only cast it when Lightweave is up, you'll have a ton of burst.

The solution most people come up with is to macro Synapse Strings with an ability you cast frequently (say, Lava Burst) to ensure it's used on CD for fights where burst isn't as important, and then use it as an ability for fights where high burst is needed and is more or less predictable (so you'll use it on CD when Embroidery is triggerd unless doing so means it won't be available for burst phase).

Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    I've managed to pick up Heroic Wushoolay's tonight. I remember sometime back reading about a possible way to maximize the potential of when it reached it's 10th stack... but for the life of me I can't find that thread or post. Would anyone happen to know/remember if there is in fact a way to make the best possible usage out of max stacks? Only thing that comes to mind is a full Fulmination Earth Shock on the 10th stack of Wushoolay's.

PS - The excess amount of hit this tier is stupid. Having 18% hit and no way to reduce it anymore without certain item drops is annoying as hell.
    When you have your 10th stack of Wushoolay's you only have time for one cast to be finished. Ideally you're casting LvB here, or you can finish casting an EB before the buff wears off. If not, look to refresh Flame Shock or do a highly charged Fulmination, as those would be better for your dps than a LB filler.

Why is Unleashed Elements only in the rotation if we have a certain talent, it increases fire damage by 30% so seems viable to cast off CD.