Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    With 5.4 coming next week I wanna try to improve as much as possible to be ready for it. Sadly my guild will be starting off with flex to include some guildies who are bad but we'll be moving on to normal in 1-2 weeks and even though for what I'm doing atm output doesn't matter I still want to be the best I can as if I was raiding with a full out heroic guild. This is the logs from our tot raid on Tuesday.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...um/damageDone/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Arayaa/simple
    I just want to do better because I feel with my ilvl now I could be doing atleast a little more dps so I'll take any advice as I haven't been playing my shammy for long so I'm sure there's lots of room to improve. Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    I often find myself having just a split second off the CDs of LvB and my shocks. Do a wait or do I cast LB? My guess is to cast LB, but it doesn't feel right to me.

just comin in to make sure i wasnt doing something weird before 5.4 comes out

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sshaman/simple

lack of 4 piece cause Dark Animus likes to mess with me lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by o03o View Post
    I often find myself having just a split second off the CDs of LvB and my shocks. Do a wait or do I cast LB? My guess is to cast LB, but it doesn't feel right to me.
    General Rule - Always be casting, your Lightning Bolt is your filler and should serve as such constantly.

Some notes:
    Shocks - Earth Shock should never be cast when Flame Shock is sub 6 seconds left on the target as your Shock CD won't be back up to avoid Flame Shock from falling off. Lava Surge - Use every proc off CD ASAP, if you're just starting a lightning bolt cast then allow it to finish, a proc doesn't warrent a cancel cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    just comin in to make sure i wasnt doing something weird before 5.4 comes out

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sshaman/simple

lack of 4 piece cause Dark Animus likes to mess with me lol.
    Will keep it short and sweet since I've said it many times in this thread.
    You have two RPPM trinkets + legendary meta. You should have been stacking Haste the second all three of those had been obtained. Granted we're walking into 5.4 here shortly and Haste might lower in value and you could end up gemming Mastery in SoO, regardless either way Ele Shamans are FAR past gemming raw Int.

Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    You have two RPPM trinkets
    I read somewhere that Cha-Ye's RPPM scaled with crit and not haste? or is it both?

I quit back in April. Decided to come back and not play my mage for the first time since Vanilla. Just want to ask. Is everything in the OP still up to date with 5.4?

Deleted
    Trinket luck finally changed, got the amp one from flex immerseus already. With the new rppm in mind, other one I go for 530 breath or 543 lei shen one?

Hey there,
    I've been raiding on mage until now, but due to some rooster changes in our raiding team (missing buffs, gear competition) I'm switching to ele shammy this patch.
    Here's my armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ussen/advanced

I've tried to look around for some stat priorities and found tons of different results: haste over mastery build (f.e. totemspot), int/mastery build (f.e. Leeds from Method), full mastery (askmrrobot).

I decided to go for the last one so far (mastery is supposed to be the build to go in SoO due to not so many pure single target fights), but could anyone more experienced with ele shamans tell me, if its the right call, or should i switch from pure mastery to int/mastery?

Deleted
    Hello,
    Well i have a biiiiiiiig dubt:
    Mastery or haste? i've right now 59.91% mastery and 38.32% haste.
    I have some gem with haste and some with mastery....if i gem full mastery (i have read a lot of guide to change in mastery in 5.4) is ok?
    we don't need to use any haste on gem etc. ?
    My char is: Rheastrasz - Pozzo dell'eternità/Well of eternity EU (sorry can't link)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Trinket luck finally changed, got the amp one from flex immerseus already. With the new rppm in mind, other one I go for 530 breath or 543 lei shen one?
    Nvm coined warforged healer amp trinket which makes a nice combo. Going from absolute horrible luck with trinkets to amazing. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    I quit back in April. Decided to come back and not play my mage for the first time since Vanilla. Just want to ask. Is everything in the OP still up to date with 5.4?
    For the most part, yes. I'm poking at it here and there and adding the changes that need to get tossed in, but while it started as a collective guide between myself, Binkenstein, and Gistwiki, Binkenstein's now left the game and I don't have the same relationship with Tickletotem, the new head guy at Totemspot (not a mark against him; I just knew Bink, and I don't know Tickletotem very well, is all). So the collaboration's over, and it was a bit of an experiment to begin with.

The info's mostly fine, and what isn't is getting updated. The priority isn't changing, stat priority's basically the same (I've updated the one small tweak already), and the new talents and talent preferences have already been updated in the guide. I haven't gotten around to the glyphs, but most of the changes there that have any relevance to Elemental are just new Minors.

So yeah, as of this post, the guide is, at least, functional for 5.4. I'm not done with it, and the first post will be updated when I'm happy with the rest, but the data's mostly right. If anyone catches anything that seems off, just let me know, but be aware that as of right now, all I've tweaked are the gearing and talents pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argussonn View Post
    Hey there,
    I've been raiding on mage until now, but due to some rooster changes in our raiding team (missing buffs, gear competition) I'm switching to ele shammy this patch.
    Here's my armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ussen/advanced

I've tried to look around for some stat priorities and found tons of different results: haste over mastery build (f.e. totemspot), int/mastery build (f.e. Leeds from Method), full mastery (askmrrobot).

I decided to go for the last one so far (mastery is supposed to be the build to go in SoO due to not so many pure single target fights), but could anyone more experienced with ele shamans tell me, if its the right call, or should i switch from pure mastery to int/mastery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheas View Post
    Hello,
    Well i have a biiiiiiiig dubt:
    Mastery or haste? i've right now 59.91% mastery and 38.32% haste.
    I have some gem with haste and some with mastery....if i gem full mastery (i have read a lot of guide to change in mastery in 5.4) is ok?
    we don't need to use any haste on gem etc. ?
    My char is: Rheastrasz - Pozzo dell'eternità/Well of eternity EU (sorry can't link)
    Replying to you both since it's basically the same question.
    Mastery works just fine in SoO, as does Haste. In the end it seems people are splitting in what they wish to do, since in my eyes the SoO fights are split 50/50 on Cleave VS Single Target. Single target DPS between the two stats is very close so my personal mindset was to go Mastery for all fights, since regemming per fight isn't that appealing.
    At the same time I like to maintain above 32.50-33% Haste to have a 1.5 second cast time on LB, LvB, and EB. Both Mastery and Haste will inflate as SoO gearing continues so there will be an overall gain in both stats either way.
    So far I've been happy swapping over from Haste to Mastery in 5.4, although it's hard to get a good read on normal fights

so does the amp effect from the healer on still work for ele or is it a no go? (work along side the dps version i mean)

Deleted
    The stats work, the int proc doesn't. It's an okay trinket (better than what I had) but the other dps ones in SoO are all better now afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    For the most part, yes. I'm poking at it here and there and adding the changes that need to get tossed in, but while it started as a collective guide between myself, Binkenstein, and Gistwiki, Binkenstein's now left the game and I don't have the same relationship with Tickletotem, the new head guy at Totemspot (not a mark against him; I just knew Bink, and I don't know Tickletotem very well, is all). So the collaboration's over, and it was a bit of an experiment to begin with.
    Meant to get in touch with you, btw, but I've been super busy. Would love to collaborate a bit more. You can PM me on Totemspot, if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    The stats work, the int proc doesn't. It's an okay trinket (better than what I had) but the other dps ones in SoO are all better now afaik.
    so better than normal ToT trinks, but worse than the dps SoO trinks?

never mind, found a ranking for trinkets.

just in case anyone else wants it
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7082
    Last edited by roflwaffle; 2013-09-15 at 06:10 AM.

So, maybe this is just so straightforward that it's just understood by everyone except me... I've never seen any guide evaluate Crit with Elemental Focus taken into consideration. I figure it's up a lot of the time because of Lava Surge procs--more directly, because of the auto-crit on LvB--but I just haven't seen any talk of it.

I tried searching both the Shaman forums, this thread specifically, and Google; Elemental Focus is only just acknowledged as existing in most sources I look at. Maybe that's all that's important about it.

I do realize that the value of Crit for the purpose of proccing EF is null during Ascendance, but EF is part of the reason why that's such a strong CD.

Note: This is mostly in reference to single-target. Obviously on AoE/Cleave situations CL will proc EF a ton.
    Last edited by Pacumeni; 2013-09-17 at 08:10 PM.

I imagine it is just really hard to quantify crits usefullness because lava burst auto activates the buff. You could look at total up time for buff but how do you determine which we're auto and which were procced with the aid of crit? You would have to manually keep track of ones procced by non lvb source which would be a difficult undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I imagine it is just really hard to quantify crits usefullness because lava burst auto activates the buff. You could look at total up time for buff but how do you determine which we're auto and which were procced with the aid of crit? You would have to manually keep track of ones procced by non lvb source which would be a difficult undertaking.
    Yeah, this is pretty much what I assumed. I have no idea how you would really make a sim for that. It just always bugged me that the only benefit for Crit listed was just a passive modifier + gem mod. The other thing that bugged me is that it's stated in the guide that Crit isn't as bad for Elemental now as it was either during or before Cataclysm. Not really sure how that is if it really isn't regarded at changing anything dynamically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacumeni View Post
    So, maybe this is just so straightforward that it's just understood by everyone except me... I've never seen any guide evaluate Crit with Elemental Focus taken into consideration. I figure it's up a lot of the time because of Lava Surge procs--more directly, because of the auto-crit on LvB--but I just haven't seen any talk of it.
    It's factored into the valuation of crit that we present. For the most part, to evaluate stat priorities, we're plugging things into simulationcraft, and seeing how changes in statistics affect the DPS. Elemental Focus is definitely getting triggered, and affecting the value of crit. The reason you don't see us doing napkin math is because that's a shortcut, while the sim is actually brute-forcing tens of thousands of simulated minutes of combat while running all the necessary shortcut-free mathematics. It's significantly more accurate, and faster, than trying to napkin-math the values.

We don't evaluate Crit without Elemental Focus, basically, because you'll always have it. It's already baked into our numbers.