Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So i dont want to open a new topic. But since it's just my alt, never payed alot of attention on BiS lists etc.
    So i wanted to ask, what bosses in SoO should i use coin on?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abbii/advanced

Also if you have any other tips, are more then welcome.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Ktperry; 2014-02-12 at 07:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    So i dont want to open a new topic. But since it's just my alt, never payed alot of attention on BiS lists etc.
    So i wanted to ask, what bosses in SoO should i use coin on?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abbii/advanced

Also if you have any other tips, are more then welcome.
    Cheers.
    EDIT: Just noticed your main spec is enhance! Doh! So the following applies for Elemental (your OS), not enhance - you didn't specify, but you did post in the elemental thread, so hopefully this will still be helpful.

You logged out in pvp gear, so I can't comment on your current gear. But if you don't have the trinkets, coin Immerseus and Dark Shaman, as those trinkets are BiS. Immerseus also has a decent ring, and Dark Shaman has the BiS mace. Malkorok trinket is good for heavy cleave but crap for single target, so I wouldn't bother coining that just yet. Spoils has a belt and decent bracers. Garrosh has another decent trinket, though Immerseus and Dark Shaman are better - but Garrosh also has a decent mace (not BiS) and the BiS offhand (unless you want a shield, but the stats on the offhand overall are better). And then of course anything with tier if you don't have it - Siegecrafter has tier and the BiS boots.

Also, keep in mind that just because something isn't necessarily considered "BiS" doesn't mean it's not an upgrade. While there are things you should prioritize, don't worry completely about getting just BiS items.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle View Post
    EDIT: Just noticed your main spec is enhance! Doh! So the following applies for Elemental (your OS), not enhance - you didn't specify, but you did post in the elemental thread, so hopefully this will still be helpful.

You logged out in pvp gear, so I can't comment on your current gear. But if you don't have the trinkets, coin Immerseus and Dark Shaman, as those trinkets are BiS. Immerseus also has a decent ring, and Dark Shaman has the BiS mace. Malkorok trinket is good for heavy cleave but crap for single target, so I wouldn't bother coining that just yet. Spoils has a belt and decent bracers. Garrosh has another decent trinket, though Immerseus and Dark Shaman are better - but Garrosh also has a decent mace (not BiS) and the BiS offhand (unless you want a shield, but the stats on the offhand overall are better). And then of course anything with tier if you don't have it - Siegecrafter has tier and the BiS boots.

Also, keep in mind that just because something isn't necessarily considered "BiS" doesn't mean it's not an upgrade. While there are things you should prioritize, don't worry completely about getting just BiS items.

Yea, sorry about that. It's elemental, i played some Pvp last night, and forgot to log off in PvE gear.

For the Immersus trinket im using coin there for sure, wasnt sure which other bosses to use coin.

Also, is AskMrRobot still viable, or I should just download SimC and gem/enchant my gear according to it?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

You want to sim to get your stat weights, and then yes, you can plug those into AMR. AMR also has different build options now, so if you know mastery or haste is ahead, you can choose the appropriate build.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    I was lucky enough to get warforged shoulders from Dark Sham the first week my guild start carrying my shaman. If I'm well over the hit cap, can I drop the spirit gems in my shoulders? Should I still look to get the socket bonus? Also, I realize the timeless isle trinket is terrible, and the warforged cleave trinket is terrible for single target DPS, but what else should I be looking to upgrade?

My guild will be putting me in this week's heroic immers, I think. I'm excited to be trying heroics the first time back during MoP, been such a hiatus. I really need help as far as priority in playstale as far as single target goes. Any help is appreciated:

Drop Fire Eletotem during the start of p1, blow CD (berserk, eng gloves use, Ascendance)
    Whenever lust will be, drop first of the 2 shaman's in our raid Stormlash
    fire shock
    lvb
    Ele blast
    earth shock with 7 stacks
    lb
    keep searing totem maintained when w/o fire eletotem
    Earthbind totem before puddles in p2 are targetable
    Replace with chain lightning if 3 or more are grouped during split phase as SOON as puddles are targetable.

Also, I'd post armory but it appears that I'm not above the spammer reputation here.
    If you'd like to help my armory:
    Wow armory
    Bleeding Hollow (US HORDE)
    Deathrites

TANKS LOT
    It's important to get a countdown on the pull. If you're sticking with Elemental Blast, you'll want to precast this with just under 2 seconds on the pull timer. You can follow this up immediately with FS and then your first LvB. Your next GCD should be spent on Fire Ele (you had searing down before the pull for a few hits). During the GCD for Fire Ele (provided there has been no lava surge), pop Asc and any on use racial or trinkets and go to town. If you want single target advice, you'll probably see better results out of Unleashed Fury, but the level 90 talents are pretty much within a few percentage points of each other based on movement and other RNG.

For Imm especially, make sure to use your healing and defensive cds often. You should have healing surge bound in an easily accessible place to heal blue blobs and generally prevent personal disaster if you find yourself off in Africa and low on the green stuff. Remember you're a hybrid, sometimes it's not your job to top the dps meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Xade View Post
    It's important to get a countdown on the pull. If you're sticking with Elemental Blast, you'll want to precast this with just under 2 seconds on the pull timer. You can follow this up immediately with FS and then your first LvB. Your next GCD should be spent on Fire Ele (you had searing down before the pull for a few hits). During the GCD for Fire Ele (provided there has been no lava surge), pop Asc and any on use racial or trinkets and go to town. If you want single target advice, you'll probably see better results out of Unleashed Fury, but the level 90 talents are pretty much within a few percentage points of each other based on movement and other RNG.

For Imm especially, make sure to use your healing and defensive cds often. You should have healing surge bound in an easily accessible place to heal blue blobs and generally prevent personal disaster if you find yourself off in Africa and low on the green stuff. Remember you're a hybrid, sometimes it's not your job to top the dps meters.
    Unless he is using PE, he wants to drop his Fire Ele before the pull instead of wasting GCDs in the opener. Since using the ele during the opener delays ascendance more and wastes some time on your trinkets, could also cause you to miss out on some of Skull Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavalashlol View Post
    Unless he is using PE, he wants to drop his Fire Ele before the pull instead of wasting GCDs in the opener. Since using the ele during the opener delays ascendance more and wastes some time on your trinkets, could also cause you to miss out on some of Skull Banner.
    ^ Pretty much this.

It's also worth noting that because Elemental Blast has a travel time you can pre-cast earlier than two on the pull timer (play it safe and say three). This also means you have a GCD whilst EB is in the air, should you want to use Fire Elemental or Stormlash or whatever. When the boss is pulled it should be straight up FS > LvB > Asc> LvB to infinity (since Ascendance lasts longer than most trinkets).

Hey again guys~! Here is my armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ornoc/advanced

Looking for some help with my Elemental Shaman's stats. I've been doing alright thus far thanks to the advice in this thread, really loving a high Mastery now that I finally got some gear. The issue at the moment for me is that SimCraft is currently telling me that Mastery is actually worse than Crit. I don't really feel that this is right and I've ignored it - Mastery: 2.89, Haste: 3.75, Int: 6.76.

Normally I would listen to SimCraft and adjust my stats, but I just can't figure how it justifies such bizarre stats. I don't really see how gaining Haste would be beneficial unless I got my cast time to 1.4s, which I'm not entirely sure I can reach without dropping a ton of Mastery.

I understand that my trinkets are awful, especially for the content that I'm progressing through, but.. as you can see, Immerseus has been exceptionally cruel to me, I have rolled almost every time I have killed him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Bloodlight; 2014-02-27 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlight View Post
    Hey again guys~! Here is my armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ornoc/advanced

Looking for some help with my Elemental Shaman's stats. I've been doing alright thus far thanks to the advice in this thread, really loving a high Mastery now that I finally got some gear. The issue at the moment for me is that SimCraft is currently telling me that Mastery is actually worse than Crit. I don't really feel that this is right and I've ignored it - Mastery: 2.89, Haste: 3.75, Int: 6.76.

Normally I would listen to SimCraft and adjust my stats, but I just can't figure how it justifies such bizarre stats. I don't really see how gaining Haste would be beneficial unless I got my cast time to 1.4s, which I'm not entirely sure I can reach without dropping a ton of Mastery.

I understand that my trinket's are awful, especially for the content that I'm progressing through, but.. as you can see, Immerseus has been exceptionally cruel to me, I have rolled almost every time I have killed him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Whilst simming yourself for stat weights is nice for future upgrades and current stat strengths, it gives you little insight to altering your current gear.

I'd love to just tell you what I think you should gem and reforge, but you should always Sim yourself over taking advice.

As for crit simming highest for you(?), go back to your sim, I think it's extremely likely you've simmed yourself on constant AoE (where crit will shine).

You should go re-sim yourself on Patchwerk/HelterSkelter and make sure to set up reforge plots for Haste & Mastery (only them two), step amount 500, and alter your gear based on them results.

PS: Your haste is very low, I'd guess Haste would be better for you than Mastery currently and you may find Elemental Blast yields better results (I personally wouldn't use Unleashed Fury until 570+).

As some advice on your gear:

> Skipping socket bonus on your shoulders is silly.
    > Same goes for your belt.
    > You haven't reforged out of hit on some items (weapon & ring) - I'm aware it's to stay hitcapped.
    > You should reforge out of the hit there, replace your leg enchant with the spirit one (swapping crit for spirit, then spirit for haste), hit the socket bonus on your ring since you have hit available to you and it's free stats and probably reforge out of the crit on your cloak to spirit.

Reasons for this: Intellect isn't that much worse than 2x Mastery/Haste, so socket bonuses should nearly always be hit as Elemental UNLESS it wastes stats (such as going over hitcap).

Then you get the Anzen Seal of Approval™!

Sort of unrelated: I think nowadays shamans look at other top shamans to get an idea of how to gear (understandable), then when they see them fully gemming Mastery & ignoring socket bonuses (because of having a lot of base haste and being way over hit-cap - looking at you Shoulderguards of Foul Streams!).

Mastery with low Haste is extremely weak and fully gemming Mastery with a low item level is a severe DPS loss. Haste indirectly increases the damage your Mastery accounts for (more casts, more procs!).

EDIT: Feel pretty silly, seen that you actually said Haste simmed a lot higher for you than Mastery in your original post >.<

Ahaa! Tickle as in Tickletotem from Totemspot, I can't believed I've never realised that before, well hi there ^^
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-27 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks a bunch for the advice, Anzen. I have done all you suggested, thanks for that.

I have made sure that my SimCraft has indeed been on Patchwerk, although I haven't resimmed since I reforged/regemmed.

I have done many dummy tests with both Elemental Blast and Unleashed Fury - (Sim says that there is minimal difference anyway, so I suppose I could stack with EB) - and I keep producing anywhere between 10k and 20k extra DPS with UF, although it isn't consistently stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlight View Post
    Thanks a bunch for the advice, Anzen. I have done all you suggested, thanks for that.

I have made sure that my SimCraft has indeed been on Patchwerk, although I haven't resimmed since I reforged/regemmed.

I have done many dummy tests with both Elemental Blast and Unleashed Fury - (Sim says that there is minimal difference anyway, so I suppose I could stack with EB) - and I keep producing anywhere between 10k and 20k extra DPS with UF, although it isn't consistently stronger.
    Another thing I can think of, the time before last, you logged out as Resto. You didn't sim yourself as Resto did you :P?

The stat weights would make a lot more sense if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Another thing I can think of, the time before last, you logged out as Resto. You didn't sim yourself as Resto did you :P?

The stat weights would make a lot more sense if you did.
    Hrm, that's odd. I made sure to log out as Elemental. I know my 1st spec is Resto, but nah, I double checked the simulation and results :P Was all Elemental.

Simmed ya myself, 25,000 iterations.

Deleted
    Ran my sham through simc (543 ilvl) and got the results:

Int 5.5
    SP 4.49
    Hit 7.0
    Crit 2.47
    Haste 3.03
    Mastery 2.92

I guess haste and mastery is the important stuff, but anyway. I put the weights into AMR (should i use smt els?) and it tells me to go int/haste in every socket. Maybe its correct at my gear level?

Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    Ran my sham through simc (543 ilvl) and got the results:

Int 5.5
    SP 4.49
    Hit 7.0
    Crit 2.47
    Haste 3.03
    Mastery 2.92

I guess haste and mastery is the important stuff, but anyway. I put the weights into AMR (should i use smt els?) and it tells me to go int/haste in every socket. Maybe its correct at my gear level?
    Sounds correct, though you should use reforge plots and not stat weights to determine gearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Sounds correct, though you should use reforge plots and not stat weights to determine gearing.
    alright, thanks. i just wanna get my hands on a purified bindings, no matter what ilvl :\

so I got this alt that I'm planning to roll elemental since it's easy to play, and easy to find pugs...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...porco/advanced

I originally was planning to play restoration, so that's why he has this restoration tiers, I will change that later, but my question now is

what is better for general use on the last talent row? I'm playing with primal elementalist but i don't see many shamans using it, in this guide it says they are pretty close so i wonder why I'm the only one using it....

also I will reforge haste = mastery >> crit, is it ok?

with my actual gear I'm pulling 110k dps on a 5min dummie fight and I feel it's fucking low, maybe my standards are to high because I'm playing FOTM class lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    so I got this alt that I'm planning to roll elemental since it's easy to play, and easy to find pugs...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...porco/advanced

I originally was planning to play restoration, so that's why he has this restoration tiers, I will change that later, but my question now is

what is better for general use on the last talent row? I'm playing with primal elementalist but i don't see many shamans using it, in this guide it says they are pretty close so i wonder why I'm the only one using it....

also I will reforge haste = mastery >> crit, is it ok?

with my actual gear I'm pulling 110k dps on a 5min dummie fight and I feel it's fucking low, maybe my standards are to high because I'm playing FOTM class lol
    Hi Zharradan,

Referring to the final tier talents, they are all very close to eachother and typically yield different results based on A) current gear & B) encounter (I feel Blizzard did a really good job for this tier.)

Primal Elementalist is the AoE talent, not because it does much AoE, but because if you are spamming Chain Lightning, you won't be using EB or UF anyway, so this talent should be substituted on fights you won't be able to use the other tier talents (I personally dislike the talent); fights like Galakras, for example.

Elemental Blast is for fights you occasionally target switch and for lower item levels (anything below 565-570). As the buff from this talent doesn't scale with gear (aka it's always 3500 secondary stat), you will find Unleashed Fury will tend to pull ahead on ALL fights when you go above 570 item level. Solid talent.

Unleashed Fury is limited by the fact it leaves the debuff (increased LB & LvB damage) on the mob you use it on, therefore it's not a great talent for target switching. However on purely single target with high item level, this talent comes up vastly superior to the rest and generally gets used on every fight.

Hope that clears that up! (You should really be using Elemental Blast :P)

Haste = Mastery > Crit is generally the way to go, Haste & Mastery are very competitive with each other and will change priority at different item levels. However I find (and looking at your gear, you probably will aswell) Haste pulls ahead of Mastery with a low item level. I'd recommend gemming haste (Quick/Reckless/Energized) until you have a meta and over 12,200 haste.

Consider swapping glyph of Healing Stream for glyph of Spiritwalkers Grace, you'll find it a damage increase, especially if you use Elemental Blast.

If you're using AMR to gem your gear for you (I do on my alts), you will want to change the build to PVE: Haste Build.

Don't feel disheartened, Elemental single target is pretty crap. Although can't comment on whether you're "doing it right" or not without a log or something.

& finally before following my advice, the best advice is always to just sim yourself and adjust your character based on the results.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-05 at 01:07 PM.

another silly question, if i get a proc of lava surge in the middle of a cast of elemental blast or lightningb should i stopcast and use the proc?

also, if i have a 7stack fullmination ready to go and lb comes off cd should i use fulmination then cast lavaburst or lava then fulmination?

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    another silly question, if i get a proc of lava surge in the middle of a cast of elemental blast or lightningb should i stopcast and use the proc?

also, if i have a 7stack fullmination ready to go and lb comes off cd should i use fulmination then cast lavaburst or lava then fulmination?
    Nope, cancelling a cast like that would still invoke the GCD, so unless you have god-like reflexes (and I literally mean god-like), cancelling casts will nearly always net out as a DPS loss (don't try it).

Lava Burst should ALWAYS be cast before anything else whilst Flame Shock is up.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-05 at 10:59 AM.