Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, it must have changed but early on in the expansion EoTE was the worst talent choice...

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    early on in the expansion EoTE was the worst talent choice...
    That was quite a while ago xD

@Anzen, I got my leg cloak today. I'm also switching to UF for majority of the fights in SoO. As for priority, if LvB JUST went on CD, should I save UF for a moment when LvB can be used for the 30% Fire dmg spell buff? I noticed the buff doesn't last too long.
    Deathrites Armory
    Orc Elemental Shaman
    Bleeding Hollow
    7/7 Heroic Highmaul
    1/7 Mythic Highmaul

Would love to know why Anzen is banned.

Edit: Reason being, he/she is the most active/helpful person in this thread.
    Deathrites Armory
    Orc Elemental Shaman
    Bleeding Hollow
    7/7 Heroic Highmaul
    1/7 Mythic Highmaul

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    That was quite a while ago xD

@Anzen, I got my leg cloak today. I'm also switching to UF for majority of the fights in SoO. As for priority, if LvB JUST went on CD, should I save UF for a moment when LvB can be used for the 30% Fire dmg spell buff? I noticed the buff doesn't last too long.
    Assuming LvB has less than 7 seconds remaining on cooldown (unless you are a computer, it does); you should cast UE immediately.

Casting it immediately gives you 10 seconds of buff, 30% increase on LB + your next LvB (if you spam it immediately) will still receive the 1.1 modifier.

In general, you want to use UE before every possible LvB, or if not available, use UE immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    Assuming LvB has less than 7 seconds remaining on cooldown (unless you are a computer, it does); you should cast UE immediately.

Casting it immediately gives you 10 seconds of buff, 30% increase on LB + your next LvB (if you spam it immediately) will still receive the 1.1 modifier.

In general, you want to use UE before every possible LvB, or if not available, use UE immediately.
    This.

Don't delay Unleash Elements, you won't waste the buff regardless (unless you're target switching).

Deleted
    After having a lot of discussions with others and getting useful tips, I made a brief shaman guide.

I'm curious why you lava burst and then flame shock in yor video? Why not switch that and get a meaningful lava burst powered by intel procs? A non buffed LvB is a waste of dps IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pampar View Post
    After having a lot of discussions with others and getting useful tips, I made a brief shaman guide.
    It's okay for a quick little guide for any new guys. Should have maybe created two different videos. An introduction focusing on the gear/stats/talents/abilities etc. Then a combat video showing fight situations. I feel like this should have been "opening rotation" - "standard single target rotation" - "cleave rotation" - "aoe (chain lightning kgo) rotation" - "Advanced tactics" etc.

You tried to cover a bit too much info and generalized a lot of functions that differentiate between good and "ok" shamans. But... I suppose you did say it was supposed to be a quick one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post
    I'm curious why you lava burst and then flame shock in yor video? Why not switch that and get a meaningful lava burst powered by intel procs? A non buffed LvB is a waste of dps IMHO.
    you've lost me?

If you talking about the max dps pull then what I put is correct, maybe I should of mentioned it but when you Lava Burst your immediately hitting Flame Shock. Now the Flame Shock should hit your target just before the Lava Burst, so you will get your proc and more damage on the target.

Flame Shock instantly hit the target
    Lava Burst travels to target.

This of course works if you at normal dps range, but if you very close like melee range this will not work as well.

This is optimizing the most out of Unleashed Fury, if you hit unleashed fury and then use flame shock you are wasting a 1 or 2 secs for casting your Lava Burst.

I have tested a lot of ways and this is the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by fearom
    t's okay for a quick little guide for any new guys. Should have maybe created two different videos. An introduction focusing on the gear/stats/talents/abilities etc. Then a combat video showing fight situations. I feel like this should have been "opening rotation" - "standard single target rotation" - "cleave rotation" - "aoe (chain lightning kgo) rotation" - "Advanced tactics" etc.

You tried to cover a bit too much info and generalized a lot of functions that differentiate between good and "ok" shamans. But... I suppose you did say it was supposed to be a quick one.
    Yea I could of, I wanted to make it informative but small as possible as peoples attention wavers when people put at guide that is 30-40mins long. But maybe next patch I will take this into consideration.

you've lost me?

If you talking about the max dps pull then what I put is correct, maybe I should of mentioned it but when you Lava Burst your immediately hitting Flame Shock. Now the Flame Shock should hit your target just before the Lava Burst, so you will get your proc and more damage on the target.

Flame Shock instantly hit the target
    Lava Burst travels to target.

This of course works if you at normal dps range, but if you very close like melee range this will not work as well.

This is optimizing the most out of Unleashed Fury, if you hit unleashed fury and then use flame shock you are wasting a 1 or 2 secs for casting your Lava Burst.

From what I can tell, from sitting at a target dummy with no trinkets/procs the damage as a result of the check of flame shock is calculated at the end of the cast, not when the spell hits the target, so casting flame shock after lava burst would not accomplish anything.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Optimizing UF? Either way you are fitting the same amount of casts. If I UE -> LvB -> FS, I end at 7 seconds left on the UF buff before I am able to go into ASC. If I UE -> FS -> LvB, I end up at 7 seconds before going into ASC. No different.

In case of using LvB -> FS vs FS -> LvB, upon testing at 40 yards, option one yields LvB's between 205k - 208k while option two yields LvB's from 275k-285. Both results were evaluated with zero trinket procs.

It is fair to note that depending on positioning of the strategy being used, standing at max range sometimes is not possible.

Deleted
    Hey guys, just a silly question: what gives a bigger increase of damage during Ascendance - Immerseus trinket proc (Heroic Non WF version, or +14303 Int) or Skull Banner buff (which gives +20% to crit dmg)? I'm kinda sure that i'll benefit more from trinket proc (if my calculations are correct - i have about 30k Intellect with all buffs, so i'll gain approximately +43.3% of Int when the trinket procs, which should be a bigger DPS impact than +20% crit dmg from the Banner), but i'm still a bit confused. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Draggnio View Post
    Hey guys, just a silly question: what gives a bigger increase of damage during Ascendance - Immerseus trinket proc (Heroic Non WF version, or +14303 Int) or Skull Banner buff (which gives +20% to crit dmg)? I'm kinda sure that i'll benefit more from trinket proc (if my calculations are correct - i have about 30k Intellect with all buffs, so i'll gain approximately +43.3% of Int when the trinket procs, which should be a bigger DPS impact than +20% crit dmg from the Banner), but i'm still a bit confused. Thanks in advance

You would really need to do proper calculations depending on your stats, but I am going to assume the answer is Immerseus trinket. Can you link your armory please?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    You would really need to do proper calculations depending on your stats, but I am going to assume the answer is Immerseus trinket. Can you link your armory please?
    Yea, sure:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/fordragon/драггнио/advanced

Sry, can't post links yet, hopefully that works.

What an odd question.

Immerseus trinket without a shadow of a doubt though.

Also: Don't mistake Skull Banner as a 20% increase to DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    What an odd question.

Immerseus trinket without a shadow of a doubt though.
    Thanks =) I know that question is dumb, but i needed to be sure.

Also: Don't mistake Skull Banner as a 20% increase to DPS.
    Why so? All dmg dealt during Ascendance (except FS ticks/Cloak) is critical ---> is affected by Banner, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Draggnio View Post
    Thanks =) I know that question is dumb, but i needed to be sure.

Why so? All dmg dealt during Ascendance (except FS ticks/Cloak) is critical ---> is affected by Banner, isn't it?
    It's not a dumb question, it's just random :P

Also, It's not worked out like that. It's worked out something like:

Code:
    1[Normal Damage]+ ((2.5 [Elemental Crit Modifier])-1)*(1+0.2[Skull Banner Crit Modifier]) = 2.8 or 280% [Resulting Crit Modifier]

Which equals out to about a 12% damage increase (would in theory be slightly less because of Flame Shock and Cloak proc's constituting at least a small portion of your damage).
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-30 at 03:21 PM.

To go full haste build for heroic Thok, or not to... Any idea? Figure pure haste build would be best for Thok, not 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    To go full haste build for heroic Thok, or not to... Any idea? Figure pure haste build would be best for Thok, not 100% sure though.
    Doubt it, you'll only get one cast off during Screeches regardless.

I wouldn't bother, Mastery seems a safer bet.

questioning my sanity a bit here. Every time I sim DPS I show haste as an increase single target and mastery being better for AOE, but the differences are slight, such that gaining 8% haste in exchange for 10% mastery is about even on AOE and a slight single target increase. Still, I see almost every shaman running 32-33% haste instead of 40% with lower mastery like me. Is the sim data bad, are my assumptions incorrect, or am I actually correct in staying at higher haste?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B4dage/simple