Patch 1.0.5 PTR Patch Notes - 1.0.5 Coming to the PTR
Rogue and Shaman Challenge Mode Gear Procs
Tonight we take a look at a little bit more flare for the Challenge Mode gear! Each set has a special proc that will go off during combat or other actions. Some of the sets even have multiple procs or slight variations depending on what you are casting.
You can find the Challenge Mode set previews on our Challenge Mode Gear page, found in the menu in the navbar. Each class has a proc for their set, so keep checking back to see your class's set!
Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes - September 20
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
The developers are doing interviews as we get closers to launch, so here is a recap from a few more. Thanks to OMFGCata, Convert to Raid, and WoWInsider. Keep checking back for more interview summaries, along with our own interview with Cory Stockton!
Ion Hazzikostas - Lead Encounter Designer (Convert to Raid)
- The lessons learned from the Theramore feedback will be applied to the scenarios made in the future.
- A balance between showing the story and letting people skip it is seen with the event at the end of Dragon Soul that can be skipped if you don't want to watch it.
- Patch 4.0 had several 10 man bosses that were not tuned well compared to the 25 man versions, either much harder or much easier. Tuning got better over the expansion and lessons learned will be applied in Mists of Pandaria.
- Raiders liked the Patch 4.0 dungeons, but LFD users found them frustrating. Most people who are doing the heroic dungeons are now using the LFD tool, making it necessary to make the dungeons easier. This leaves Challenge Modes for players that want content that is harder.
- Challenge modes won't be coming to raids immediately, but the leaderboard aspect might be something to consider adding. There might not be a large enough group of players that are interested in timed raid runs that don't reward player power increases, but it would give guilds that have content cleared something to compete against other guilds with.
- LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.
- Beta was very successful, even without level 90 premades. Thousands of people participated in raid testing and provided feedback.
- The first raid will open one week after Mists of Pandaria launches, and the next two will open four weeks after that.
Cory Stockton - Lead Content Designer (OMFGCata)
- The Alliance and Horde both want Pandaria and the Pandaren on their side.
- The Jade Forest revamp was the result of feedback from a Strike Team. It wasn't clear why you were in Pandaria and what was going on, so the experience was revamped to make it much clearer.
- The smaller phasing you see in the world while progressing through the story does not actually put you in another phase, it just changes what you see.
- World Bosses are back because the loot, spawn time, camping, graveyard zerging issues are now able to be solved by new tech.
- More bosses per tier is the goal, as longer raids make for more LFR segments.
- There are a large number of players that enjoy crafting or aren't able to do raids, which is why the profession recipes like engineering goggles are still relevant even past the first content patch. The gear is still fun to make and useful for those players. It is unlikely that we will see crafted gear that remains upgraded and relevant throughout the entire expansion.
- Blood Spirit is found from Disenchanting raid weapons and then used for crafting epic gear. It is there to offer an alternative to just Disenchanting some loot and getting materials for an enchant.
- The legendary gems are the start of a story that will last through the entire expansion. Every patch there will be a way to keep that legendary going and do more with it so that it is useful for a long time. It also takes care of the problem of previous legendary items lasting a year and being class restricted.
Dave Kosak - Lead Quest Designer (WoWInsider)
- Theramore freed Jaina from being a peacekeeper and shows an important event in the war between the Horde and Alliance.
- Every new faction is a story to experience rather than a reputation bar to fill. Doing the daily quests unlocks this story.
- There is a little bit of Titan vs. Old God lore in Mists, but it is way way way under the surface.
- Wrathion has the best interests of Azeroth in mind, but his interests may not necessarily line up with our interests.
- It isn't likely that the Lorewalkers will be expanded upon beyond some things to collect in new areas in other patches. This all depends on player engagement and feedback though!
- There are lots of books sitting around in Pandaria, just waiting to be read.
“Appear Offline” Option Coming Soon to Battle.net
Tier 14 Priest Preview
The Tier 14 set for priests has been swapped around from our original preview. You can find all of the other sets on the Tier 14 sets page.
Tier 14 Armor Previews
If you want to see higher res previews of all the color variations, along with videos, check out our Tier 14 sets page.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Quest For Pandaria, Part 1